Preview Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs, Round 4, Saturday April 10, 1:35 PM, MARS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I missing something, I thought Answerth has been suspended ? With him being named as the sub for this game otherwise he’s not available until round 7. Please correct me if I’m wrong

"With the 2021 VFL season starting later than the AFL, it meant Answerth would not have completed his VFL suspension until the end of round six of the AFL"

"The AFL since determined that Noah should only be suspended for the equivalent time in both the VFL and the AFL competitions"

"Answerth will remain suspended for the first two rounds of the VFL season should he not be selected in the AFL in rounds four or five"

I think he showed he was more willing to make body contact in the ruck.
Yes Ballenden did more body contact against Grundy then Fullarton.. Although both not as good as Joe is.
Wondered why we did not use Joe for a little bit last week against Grundy

Yes Ballenden did more body contact against Grundy then Fullarton.. Although both not as good as Joe is.
Wondered why we did not use Joe for a little bit last week against Grundy

Joe would be last resort in the ruck. Won’t risk it and we’ll play our prized forward as a forward. I think letting Fullarton and Ballenden get slaughtered kinda proves this.

I didn't mind Ballenden's game last week. He actually had some influence when he was there even though most couldn't see it.

Presume he gets dropped this week , Fages waxed lyrical about Fullarton in the presser.

I didn't mind Ballenden's game last week. He actually had some influence when he was there even though most couldn't see it.

Presume he gets dropped this week , Fages waxed lyrical about Fullarton in the presser.

I just want to see him get mildly angry / physical when he plays. Like that scene from Dodgeball where it finally clicks for Gordon lol.

gordon.gif

I don't see why Adams doesn't have 4 or 5 years left in him if he can stay fit.

Hasn't played a lot of footy.
I don't want to sound negative, but we're talking about Marcus Adams here - it'll be a miracle if he even plays 15+ games in a season, let alone having 4 or 5 years ahead of him (unless you're content with 5 games a year). Probably one of the most injury prone players I've ever seen at the Dogs, even more so than Lin Jong.

Dude is a beast when fit, and would be an AA level defender if he could somehow string together a full season, but I think you need to view him as a week by week prospect rather than looking multiple years ahead. I doubt even the Hawks miracle-working medical team would be able to keep him consistently on the park

I don't want to sound negative, but we're talking about Marcus Adams here - it'll be a miracle if he even plays 15+ games in a season, let alone having 4 or 5 years ahead of him (unless you're content with 5 games a year). Probably one of the most injury prone players I've ever seen at the Dogs, even more so than Lin Jong.

Dude is a beast when fit, and would be an AA level defender if he could somehow string together a full season, but I think you need to view him as a week by week prospect rather than looking multiple years ahead. I doubt even the Hawks miracle-working medical team would be able to keep him consistently on the park
Probably about right, sadly.

But I still think we can squeeze more out of him than any other club would right now. He's at the right place.

I was a doubter last week but this week I think we can beat the doggies. Tom berry to shadow Daniels hopefully shuts them off. We need that defensive pressure we showed against Collingwood last week. We have to be all over them, stopping them getting that clean ball away. I'd be ok with resting neale, if his back is even a touch sore give him a chance to get to 100%. Same with Oscar. Let Fullerton and Ballenden take on English and Stef. At worst we play them like we played the pies in the ruck. I think Payne can take naughton, quick enough to run with and tall enough to compete. Our future isn't birch or Adams, we need to stick with him.

Out- neale, birchall/Adams or lester,
In- j berry, Gardiner,
Answerth (sub)
If Oscar does come up ok he comes in for ballenden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscar being tested, should be ok.

Payne out with foot strain 6 weeks, makes way for Gardiner, Lester, Adams half back line, Rich, Harris, xx Backline, maybe Answorth... the rest will fall into place, with many good options for mids, fwds, followers and bench.

I have got $100 on Lions at $2.65

Oscar being tested, should be ok.

Payne out with foot strain 6 weeks, makes way for Gardiner, Lester, Adams half back line, Rich, Harris, xx Backline, maybe Answorth... the rest will fall into place, with many good options for mids, fwds, followers and bench.

I have got $100 on Lions at $2.65
Good luck 🤞
How is Neale looking?
And also AhChee after the strapping of his knee in the last game?

"McInerney was ruled out of last week’s game against Collingwood with an ankle injury, while Darcy Gardiner is expected to return for his first game of the year after pre-season knee surgery"

"Neale has been well below his 2020 best to start the season, being well held by the opposition but also revealing he was dealing with a back issue"

"After 21 disposals and a goal against Collingwood, Fagan said the star was looking better than he had previously"

“His injury is getting better all the time. He was good enough to play last week, got out there and performed for us, and he’ll do the same tomorrow,” he said.

“He’s a lot better this week than he was last week.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back