Preview Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood - Round 5 2019, April 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've refunded two side-by-side tickets (Pies away section) if anyone needs them.

edit: Site is just bugging. Lel.

McStay will deliver on Thursday night, in fact, I bet his attack on the footy will be absolutely reckless at times. I am sure he will have watched the last quarter and will have blamed himself for why weren't a chance at making a great comeback at the G. His pride will have been pricked enormously, as I am sure Eric's will be. Cameron will play higher and Harris Andrews will lift and be a dominant force on the ground. We are 3-1 with Neale, McLuggage, Rich, McInerney, McCarthy, Zorks and Hodge playing at a consistently high level. Berry will be kamikaze at the least on Thursday night. You have to feel for the players, all anyone has been talking about for the last 2 weeks has been the game against the Pies. GAME ON MOLES!

I’m going away on Thursday now, was going to be Friday so I have a ticket in section 29 if anyone wants it. There will be a spare seat beside as it is my daughters, if you have a friend with a ga ticket. You can have her kids ticket as well if you have one you would love to take. Let me know and I can transfer it to you.

Same fixture drew a crowd of 21850 last year so anything close to a sell out is a remarkable up-swing in attendance in under 12 months.

I suggest there will be slightly more Pies supporters than last year so maybe around 8k.

Obviously the usual rusted on 12k of season members are going - those of us who have attended the bleakest of contests over the past 5 years (Lions vs GWS 2016 was about that mark). Plus the extra 5-7k of part season members and semi regulars.

More importantly the main increase will be occasional fans, local casual event goers and bandwagoners who will make up the extra 10k.

If it is anything close to that game last year we are in for a treat! Win and the lid will be off and the Lions might even feature on the back page of the local newspaper.
I guestimate about 8000 lions at the Essendon game as well

Fair enough too.

Also unsurprising that they'll not tag Neale, especially after last week. That's a sign that they believe his possessions can be defended further down the field against other players, rather than against him specifically. Which is good, since if we DO get on top, it will be hard to change to a tag on Neale.

Much rests on the opening 1-1.5 quarters.....it's gonna be huuuuuuuuuuuge :D

Not many tickets left now... A combined 1000-odd no-shows from ticket purchases and members, I imagine. So 35k will be expected..

Jesus they're a trash footy club, the Pies - second in my mind only to Port. I could write a thesis exploring the uncouth similarities between the trash of Vic Park and the tip that is Alberton....but I digress.

Actually, no I don't.

Utter trash footy club. I made the error of reading the thread on their board relating to this week's game. Now I want to kill it with fire.

Jesus they're a trash footy club, the Pies - second in my mind only to Port. I could write a thesis exploring the uncouth similarities between the trash of Vic Park and the tip that is Alberton....but I digress.

Actually, no I don't.

Utter trash footy club. I made the error of reading the thread on their board relating to this week's game. Now I want to kill it with fire.

I never want us to trade with the Pies again after the last 5 years of interactions. God some of them post absolute drivel. Of course, no doubt they'd say the same about us but there are far less on our board :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never want us to trade with the Pies again after the last 5 years of interactions. God some of them post absolute drivel. Of course, no doubt they'd say the same about us but there are far less on our board :)

That's because you can be a pea heart and support the Pies - it takes courage to be a Lion. And courage is in far less supply than pea hearts, always has been, always will be. If the best you've got is safety in numbers, you're rubbish. The don't make worldwide blockbuster epics about ******* magpies, because they are of little interest to anyone who seeks nobility and wonder in their screen depictions of animals.

LIONS > pies - this is a simple truth and any effort to contrarily debate it will be doomed to a swift and brutal failure as any argument will collapse under the weight of reason and logic.

Hopefully all of the Collingwood supporters get turned away.

I disagree. Let them come and watch their heroes be dismembered and sent scurrying back to their pathetic, insular and cloistered existence in Melbourne.

Paraphrased from Conan the Barbarian:

LIONS, what is best in life?

CRUSH THE PIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR FANS.

Last edited:
Treloar on 360 calmly saying that Pies fans travel everywhere, never faced a hostile environment outside of Perth. You love to hear it.

Treloar has never seen the Brisbane bandwagon in full swing.

They don't talk about the "old Gabba" when packed full of rabid Lions as a sight to behold for nothing. I'm sure there are more intimidating places to play footy - but it's not gonna be a picnic for the black and white walkers (#GoT).

Treloar is scared. He looks like he's scared. It's the scared that comes from the unknown - the ground, the fans, the team....he has no idea. And he's scared of the conditions.

LET US ENLIGHTEN YOU, ADAM.

I'm going to be relieved when we get past this week and we can stop talking about Beams. I've made my peace with it and don't really harbour any ill will, but I am very very sick of stories like this: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-16/no-secrets-about-move-to-magpies-says-former-lions-skipper

Yeah, same. Zero problems with any player going to be honest. It's just footy (as long as we get close to market value lol). But there was so much dishonesty & bullshit with this last year it wasn't funny. Wouldn't believe the first thing that came out of the guys mouth. Seems to be a very good liar.

I'm still bullish on what Daniel McStay can be, still reasonably young for a key forward although he needs to start delivering as we have a few who could go past him in the next 18 months eg. Toby Wooller, Sam Skinner, Marcus Adams and Connor Ballenden + very early I know Tom Fullarton.
Just watching Ballenden run around this year compared to last year he's improving at a fast rate and they're trying him in different roles which means we must see a future for him. Looking an imposing physical presence as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back