We will not win a game with Bundy in the team. #cooked

e8a.gif

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I fear we may not play our best and that they will be really up for this match. We have stupidly kept the good for nothing N Robertson in the team and the nearly good for nothing Christensen who is a cooked washed up has been who can't kick over a jam tin.. We could have had so many other better fast players in the side. Taylor is fast and Cutler is fast. AND he can kick 65 meters without trying. And that's off his wrong foot.

If Fagan and the other incompetents running the show had picked a better faster team in Round 1, we would be 4-0 now with a %age of over 170.

This game will be a bloodbath I tells ya.

Lions by 115 points

marooned

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good call with no changes back them in.Could have been looking to this game last week possibly why so many off

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Neds offering $4 for Zorko to have more disposals then Beams. Last week they offered money for jam by offering $3 For Neale to have 35 touches.

Say what you want about Meds but at least their putting up some fun offers for Lions fans

McStay will deliver on Thursday night, in fact, I bet his attack on the footy will be absolutely reckless at times. I am sure he will have watched the last quarter and will have blamed himself for why weren't a chance at making a great comeback at the G. His pride will have been pricked enormously, as I am sure Eric's will be. Cameron will play higher and Harris Andrews will lift and be a dominant force on the ground. We are 3-1 with Neale, McLuggage, Rich, McInerney, McCarthy, Zorks and Hodge playing at a consistently high level. Berry will be kamikaze at the least on Thursday night. You have to feel for the players, all anyone has been talking about for the last 2 weeks has been the game against the Pies. GAME ON MOLES!
Hope you are right!

No change? Suggests that with one of the shortest injury lists in the league we really don’t have much depth. ALTERNATIVELY, Fagan and Daly might have had a good couple of days with the players who were smashed by Essendon and convinced themselves that they will be ok.

The thing I keep coming back to is the need for us to not abandon the centre corridor. If we play a slow around the flanks game we are going to get totally pumped. This week is a bigger test for Fagan and Daly than it is for Robertson and McStay, because we already know that they are footballers with very obvious limitations.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No change? Suggests that with one of the shortest injury lists in the league we really don’t have much depth. ALTERNATIVELY, Fagan and Daly might have had a good couple of days with the players who were smashed by Essendon and convinced themselves that they will be ok.

The thing I keep coming back to is the need for us to not abandon the centre corridor. If we play a slow around the flanks game we are going to get totally pumped. This week is a bigger test for Fagan and Daly than it is for Robertson and McStay, because we already know that they are footballers with very obvious limitations.

Fagan to kick 6, Daly with 40 touches?

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Nope, just putting an opinion out there.

Seems that the group think mentality is strong in here these days yet it can’t muster a sensible debate.

How about yourself?

I'm always up for a sensible debate

It's just that I see no sense in abject negativity for the sake of it. Especially when it's based on flawed arguments like:

1) "Team X beat us and Team Y is sooooo much "better" than Team X that we are absolutely no hope against this mighty Team Y.

2) Team A (who we flogged by 44 points) MUST have been underdone. How else could we have beaten them? (Let's just ignore the fact that the far superior team Y can't beat team A to save themselves)

3) and I also present my other exhibits....our lucky wins against Teams B and C don't count either because ,well
.....we were lucky

You also mention "groupthink".

If you're referring to the LID, then your off beam. After years of gloom and doom, do you really blame the LIDDITES for indulging in what is a bit of gross exaggeration and hyperbole? Not to mention good fun!!

Anyway, "groupthink" cuts two ways.....there is the subset of over the top optimists and `the subset of the over the top pessimists. Then there are those who try to strike a reasoned and sensible balance. I haven't included that subset in the "groupthinkers" because by definition, this subset really doesn't groupthink

To which subset do you belong?

Last edited:

It's just that I see no sense in abject negativity for the sake of it. Especially when it's based on flawed arguments like:

1) "Team X beat us and Team Y is sooooo much "better" than Team X that we are absolutely no hope against this mighty Team Y.

2) Team A (who we flogged by 44 points) MUST have been underdone. How else could we have beaten them? (Let's just ignore the fact that the far superior team Y can't beat team A to save themselves)

3) and I also present my other exhibits....our lucky wins against Teams B and C don't count either because ,well
.....we were lucky

If you're referring to the LID, then your off beam. After years of gloom and doom, do you really blame the LIDDITES for indulging in what is a bit of gross exaggeration and hyperbole? Not to mention good fun!!

Anyway, "groupthink" cuts two ways.....there is the subset of over the top optimists and `the subset of the over the top pessimists. Then there are those who try to strike a reasoned and sensible balance. I haven't included that subset in the "groupthinkers" because by definition, this subset really doesn't groupthink

Yeah! Lids are still off and when we win, people will realise they one loss isn’t the end of the world. We have a relatively good draw for a month or so after this weekend. 4-1 would be ace, but I could live with 3-2.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

.....we were lucky

Anyway, "groupthink" cuts two ways.....there are the over the top optimists and the over the top pessimists. Then there are those who try to strike a reasoned and sensible balance.

I belong to the we are playing at home and we will monster those pies coz we are more determined and hungrier given the chance to put our mark on the Qld and footy community n viewing public n ch7. We NEED this to become respectable in the eyes of everyone and most of all need this for our own respect. After the game look at each other in the eye knowing we achieved this together and it's only the beginning. The enjoyment of going down the cafe n enjoy a coffee on Saturday morning with pride in our heart. Then pledging to give up Bourbon before I type.

.....we were lucky

Anyway, "groupthink" cuts two ways.....there are the over the top optimists and the over the top pessimists. Then there are those who try to strike a reasoned and sensible balance.

So if you, luthir, don’t agree with a certain opinion then it is flawed?

Identifying form in all sorts of sports is based on how a team, or horse, has competed against an opponent and how that team stacks up against other opponents. It would seem logical to base a tip, bet or opinion on form.

I think the eagles were definitely underdone in round one. They played an extra 4 weeks last year and therefore their preparation was 4 weeks shorter than teams that did not make the finals. On the other hand we made no secret of how hard we would be going at the start of the season. We clearly were more battle ready than what the eagles were.

In my opinion we were not great in the opening round and for that matter neither in rounds 2 and 3. We made too many skill errors and allowed teams easy transition through the centre of the ground whilst getting carried by a few good individual performances. Essendon exposed our flaws and took advantage of their opportunities, eagles, north and port let themselves down by not capitalising on their opportunities.

I have been backing the lions for a lot longer than the last 10 years of gloom. I know what it is to stick true to my team however I cannot stand mindless hyperbole about a team, lions or otherwise, that is average.

In terms of subset, I sit with those who are realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back