Preview Brisbane Lions Vs Melbourne Demons - Sunday 3:30pm @ the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Dylan has a different perspective on here to most. But really I’m sensing a bit of mob mentality toward him lately. Boarding on bulling behavior. Suggest we all calm down a little and respect that everyone had different opinions and embrace that for what it is. After all we’re all on the same side on this board!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
When you talk complete and utter shite half the time you’ll get called out.

Last edited:
Squad. averaging 8.5 marks a game and nominated in the AFL team of the week twice. He was one of the 'in form' players of the comp. Had he replicated those numbers across a season, he would have been spoken about in them same sentence as some of those Guys. The reason I used that example is because I believe some in the media were saying he was playing at a AA squad level early in the season.

Since when does average marks mean anything for a quality defender. Especially when you use it as poorly as Walker does.

Just went through and only saw him in the team of the week once

Since when does average marks mean anything for a quality defender. Especially when you use it as poorly as Walker does.

IMO - there was a stretch of games where He was playing at an elite level. AA squad might be an overstatement.

I've had to learn to let the Walker in/out argument with most supporters go on most platforms at this point. Everyone talks up his marking as if the reason we've lost lately comes down to taking an intercept mark in the backline. After watching him play live numerous times and his performance in the 2's I feel like it's accurate to say he's not best 22 material for a top 8 club. He's decent depth, but he is hampered by a lack of distribution ability. Intercept marks are useless if you can't get the ball moving. The number of times you see him turn and look at an option but then grimace and turn the other way to look for an easy kick in the opposite direction to where players are pushing is ridiculous. Teammates probably hate all the extra running they have to do because he doesn't have the confidence to hit the right pass as well.

Who's Clarry?
I googled it at the time, and it looks like it's Clayton Oliver.

Is it preconceived bias to think it's a bit elitist-demons-supporter to assume other fans will know your team's nicknames? It'd be like us going on to the Melbourne board and telling them that Froggy is in line for a big game. Or that Beastmode got dropped. Or that some on our board wanted Advanced Hair Studios back into the lineup...

Is it preconceived bias to think it's a bit elitist-demons-supporter to assume other fans will know your team's nicknames? It'd be like us going on to the Melbourne board and telling them that Froggy is in line for a big game. Or that Beastmode got dropped. Or that some on our board wanted Advanced Hair Studios back into the lineup...

Nah this is a pretty widely recognised nickname

I've had to learn to let the Walker in/out argument with most supporters go on most platforms at this point. Everyone talks up his marking as if the reason we've lost lately comes down to taking an intercept mark in the backline. After watching him play live numerous times and his performance in the 2's I feel like it's accurate to say he's not best 22 material for a top 8 club. He's decent depth, but he is hampered by a lack of distribution ability. Intercept marks are useless if you can't get the ball moving. The number of times you see him turn and look at an option but then grimace and turn the other way to look for an easy kick in the opposite direction to where players are pushing is ridiculous. Teammates probably hate all the extra running they have to do because he doesn't have the confidence to hit the right pass as well.
Agree with you on those comments above but, Walks is not the only player doing exactly that down back at present. Sometimes players consider stats as being the be all and end all when it comes to rating their efforts at the end of the game. The game of AFL is fast becoming a very boring game to watch again with low scoring and possession being the focus. IMO, if we are to win a flag, we need to start taking some risks and move the ball more like we did in the 3rd 1/4 against the Saints. As someone we all know here says often: "We are in the entertainment industry" but at the present time only 12 teams have scored 100pts or more since round 10!o_O

I'm worried about this one.

Our general game plan is going to fall right into big Max's lap. Harmes is no slouch either and while he'll probably go to Neale I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Zorko and then Oliver could go head to head with Neale and belt him around the contest. If their half forwards lower their eyes and start finding smaller targets inside F50 we could be in trouble.

Today is all about the defensive pressure from the midfield. If the boys show the pressure they've been showing and affect the F50 entries Andrews could break the record for intercept marks today.

I think we'll win but it'll be a lot closer than people are expecting, the dees are starting to show glimpses of last year.

Just kick it to Charlie.

Gardiner, Mathieson, Josh Walker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back