Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Definitely a bit of a boogie man for you guys. Stef will sleep uneasily Saturday night. He was one of my favourite players at the Dees, just never got the opportunity because of Jamar. He needed to be the main ruck but we experimented with him everywhere.
Not sure bogeyman is the same as a coward who lines up unsuspecting players and then cops a massive suspension. Hard to be scared of a guy who comes back from preseason unfit & fat and then when injured cares so little he drinks his troubles away.

who's the boogie man?

tumblr_ot2a8xpFgR1qmob6ro1_400.gif

Not sure bogeyman is the same as a coward who lines up unsuspecting players and then cops a massive suspension. Hard to be scared of a guy who comes back from preseason unfit & fat and then when injured cares so little he drinks his troubles away.
Yeah, I wouldn't have said a boogeyman for the Lions either. He's only won 38% of games against us, worse than at least six other teams in a time when the Lions and Gold Coast were generally on a par performance wise. I'd have gone with "thug" who doesn't care about his own team, given his history of depriving it of his talents just to satisfy his own bloodlust.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Definitely a bit of a boogie man for you guys. Stef will sleep uneasily Saturday night. He was one of my favourite players at the Dees, just never got the opportunity because of Jamar. He needed to be the main ruck but we experimented with him everywhere.

I thought you were talking about Gawn being a Boogie man, what a stupid post? LOL. Did you seriously come here to tell us one of our players might not sleep easy because a player (who doesn't play in his area of the ground) knocked him out 2 years ago, is on the opposition? Spare us, please. May is a dog, we all know that, but he doesn't concern me as an opposition player in the slightest. We don't need that or any subtle chest beating (disguised as info form the Opposition) about how good "Clarry" is in the lead up. Cheers.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah, I wouldn't have said a boogeyman for the Lions either. He's only won 38% of games against us, worse than at least six other teams in a time when the Lions and Gold Coast were generally on a par performance wise. I'd have gone with "thug" who doesn't care about his own team, given his history of depriving it of his talents just to satisfy his own bloodlust.
lol I did have thug but thought that coward was more appropriate.

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
I thought you were talking about Gawn being a Boogie man, what a stupid post? LOL. Did you seriously come here to tell us one of our players might not sleep easy because a player (who doesn't play in his area of the ground) knocked him out 2 years ago, is on the opposition? Spare us, please. May is a dog, we all know that, but he doesn't concern me as an opposition player in the slightest. We don't need that or any subtle chest beating (disguised as info form the Opposition) about how good "Clarry" is in the lead up. Cheers.
Who the hell is Clarry anyway?

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
From a Dees perspective, because I’m sure you all want a Dees perspective, Harmes is likely to go to Neale. He’s a very effective defensive mid, seems to be able to shut down his man without going totally defensive and limiting his own output. If Zorko is getting out of hand Harmes will just go to him, he seems to be a guy you can tag pretty much out of the game.
You’ll have to put someone on Clarry or he will get 40+, and May is a strong possibility to poleaxe any number of your skinny forwards.
I think we will be a lot more competitive than you guys are hoping. We had a very depleted side for the start of the season and are only just now getting close to our best outfit out on the park.
I hope we put a defensive forward on Rich, he’s having an All Australian year.
Your boys are looking good and are great to watch, I’m looking forward to the game.
Zorko has been tagged a lot this season he's learned to break the tag by pushing forward he has also brought a more defensive approach to he's game this season

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Zorko has been tagged a lot this season he's learned to break the tag by pushing forward he has also brought a more defensive approach to he's game this season
Arguably the best defensive mid in the competition. Is leading or nearly leading several stats league wide. Fantastic player that has sacrificed his game for the betterment of the team

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Arguably the best defensive mid in the competition. Is leading or nearly leading several stats league wide. Fantastic player that has sacrificed his game for the betterment of the team

It was most unfortunate that he got injured in the second quarter of the Carlton game.

He was going great before that happened and although he soldiered on in the second half, he was clearly hampered.

We looked rudderless after half time and his incapacity arguably cost us that match.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It was most unfortunate that he got injured in the second quarter of the Carlton game.

He was going great before that happened and although he soldiered on in the second half, he was clearly hampered.

We looked rudderless after half time and his incapacity arguably cost us that match.
If we want to be a finals side, we can't rely on 1 person. Neale was getting tagged out of the match, so l am blaming the rest of the mids for a) not stepping up, b) not assiting Neale in getting rid of the tag

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Melbourne are awful this year,it would be just as disappointing as the Carlton game to drop this at home.

I agree. They are terrible. If we are any good, we should roll over them by 40+ points. If we cough it up, it;s just another sign we aren't there yet.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Melbourne will win plenty of the ball through the middle but use it extremely poorly going inside 50. Our backline has been doing a pretty good job defensively recently but they'll need to setup a lot of our play going forward.

Melbourne will win plenty of the ball through the middle but use it extremely poorly going inside 50. Our backline has been doing a pretty good job defensively recently but they'll need to setup a lot of our play going forward.
We have averaged 69 points against in the last 4 games.
Games 1-9 average, low 90’s!
Which give us an average of 82.5 for the year so far!

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We have averaged 69 points against in the last 4 games.
Games 1-9 average, low 90’s!
Which give us an average of 82.5 for the year so far!

Get the feeling the middle of the season has generally been low scoring compared to the early rounds but I think our backline has improved. Mayor changes would be dropping Walker and maybe Answerths improvement

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the improvement in defense has come mainly form increased pressure up the ground and the team all over the ground sticking to team structures.... apart from the Blues game of course.

More conservative, but better ball movement limiting turnovers would be my guess. Have absolutely no stats to back it up but I think that's where the reduction in scoring will be from.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Don't underestimate Melbourne friends. This'll be a close one but we should win. I think 18-40 point win will be about right. Forwards will get off the chain and one of our keys will finish with 3.

We can't underestimate any team. But we should beat Melbourne at home, simple as that. It's time for us to start owning the games we should win, instead of saying game is a danger game IMO. Let's embrace it. we should win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back