Preview Brisbane Lions vs North Melbourne – Saturday 20/07/19, 7:25pm at the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure does suck for Lester. Fagan has shown himself to be a Coach who sticks by players, like he has with Rayner. Adams has shown he'd be a great addition, that's why he was recruited. Fagan being Fagan will stick with Adams until he finds form.
Does he?

He hasn’t stuck by Lester; or Cutler or many others, so I would say he only sticks by a chosen few.

Does he?

He hasn’t stuck by Lester; or Cutler or many others, so I would say he only sticks by a chosen few.
Yes I agree.

Fages has a touch of ruthlessness about him . And that's not necessarily a bad thing in a coach.

Because we've generally been winning he hasn't really had to make too many tough calls. Be interesting to see how loyal he was if we lost 5 in a row. We really haven't had many players under the pump at all this year . I guess Rayner is the obvious one. Apart from him there's only been a bit of juggling on the last 2 spots every second week or so.

Does he?

You're right in saying he sticks by a chosen few & he hasn't stuck by Lester, Cutler & a number of others at the selection table. It appears he sticks by players who he sees as being in his best 22. That's the 22 we get to barrack for. It looks like McStay, Rayner & Adams are part of Fagans' plans; although McStay & Adams may eventually vie for the same spot which would open the door for Lester. Like it or loathe it, Fagan puts his faith in his top players by sticking with them at selection. Any other team would have sent them back to the two's.
Fagan's approach can appear a bit odd at times but let's face it, it's working. I reckon there's a fair amount of method in his madness. If Fagan gets Rayner, McStay & Adams playing their best football going into the Finals, we'd be at our peak & the team to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back