Preview Brisbane Lions vs North Melbourne – Saturday 20/07/19, 7:25pm at the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointed for Lester. He's done all that could be expected. But I believe Adams will justify the faith over time.

Lester will hopefully be a permanent fixture via Hodge's spot next year

Lester will hopefully be a permanent fixture via Hodge's spot next year
Yes ,the more successful we are the more likely Hodgey is to give it away.

The list mangers are going to have to make some tough calls at season's end . We've got guys on our list now who would've been permanent fixtures a couple of years ago who've been squeezed out.

The fact that we haven't been tested by injuries makes the choices a lot harder.

Great selections this week.Hopefully the jerk fest over Lester will get a rest.Massively over the top on here.He is and will continue to be a borderline best 22 and solid depth if injuries hit/loss of form from other defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlucky for Walker, Keays and especially Lester but I think those three, along with Matho, Taylor and Robertson are the fringe group most likely to get games if needed.

I can see both of their arguments, and don't feel like diving into the actual argument. The problem to me was that 3KZ posted a football opinion and Jackess responded with "Do you even watch games?". It spiralled from there. Jackess would be an excellent poster if he played could disagree with people respectfully instead of resorting to personal attacks...

I've experienced Jackess' tendency to snipe, it's sad really & says something about her. 3KZ is usually super optimistic (lids off), which says something about him. I know who's postings I'd rather be reading.

3KZ is Football I guess Lester isn’t best 22

Jackess. Stop it.

3KZ do not reply.

We are a serious team now. The three omitted players would walk into most teams, even if all three of them could change clubs for next weekend, and they all went to the same club, they, all three of them, would get a game, as a unit, at most clubs

Oops, repeating myself as I am drinking a Jarman Shiraz.

I will seriously melt down if Hippy or Clugga re-injury themselves. Might even lean a little to Dylan12 and ask for Fages' sacking. No wouldn't do that but it would ask serious questions if a re-occurrence injury happens.

If it does they will disguise it. They will say it was Clugga's groin, orbicularis oris, name any muscle you like, if he does his hammy. Some of my women friends say women lie more, and are better at disguising a lie and better at sensing a lie but we footy people always know when we are being sold a 'pup'.

Story on Adams? Must be very highly rated if still in despite the 2 games he's had...
I think they want to get as many games as possible into him despite not doing much,maybe looking towards finals match ups if he starts to get his mojo

Jackess. Stop it.

3KZ do not reply.

We are a serious team now. The three omitted players would walk into most teams, even if all three of them could change clubs for next weekend, and they all went to the same club, they, all three of them, would get a game, as a unit, at most clubs

Oops, repeating myself as I am drinking a Jarman Shiraz.

I will seriously melt down if Hippy or Clugga re-injury themselves. Might even lean a little to Dylan12 and ask for Fages' sacking. No wouldn't do that but it would ask serious questions if a re-occurrence injury happens.

If it does they will disguise it. They will say it was Clugga's groin, orbicularis oris, name any muscle you like, if he does his hammy. Some of my women friends say women lie more, and are better at disguising a lie and better at sensing a lie but we footy people always know when we are being sold a 'pup'.
I think you've had a touch too much Shiraz Doc, no way Keays, Walker and Lester would walk into most teams particularly the top 8-12 sides.

I think you've had a touch too much Shiraz Doc, no way Keays, Walker and Lester would walk into most teams particularly the top 8-12 sides.
Ex Publican talk pfft..

People still under rate Adams around here and in general, which is totally understandable because he only really got up and going in 1 season so didn't leave a huge impression. I have seen a lot of people suggest he should be 'depth' around the traps which is laughable, he is on $500K a year if my memory serves me correctly? My best mate goes for the Dogs so I watched him that season, he was incredible. I remember thinking "god I would love this Guys at the Lions".. serious hands, serious power, serious impact.

He was flown in on decent money, he is here to be a top tier player for a long period of time. Any club in the AFL would take him twice over Lester, Walker or Payne. I understand we are driving standards - but he is a big boy who hasn't played footy for 18 months. Andrews, Stef, Darcy would all look exactly the same if they didn't play footy for 18 months and ran out for a new club in a new system. Look at lever upon returning, a shadow of himself. We are putting time into our investment, I am cool with this. If he doesn't fire a shot after a month then we will look at it coming into finals but I comfortably expect him to get a pass for 2 more weeks while he finds his breath out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back