Preview Brisbane Lions vs North Melbourne – Saturday 20/07/19, 7:25pm at the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see both of their arguments, and don't feel like diving into the actual argument. The problem to me was that 3KZ posted a football opinion and Jackess responded with "Do you even watch games?". It spiralled from there. Jackess would be an excellent poster if he played could disagree with people respectfully instead of resorting to personal attacks...
Can you include maybe 10-15 others in that category as well please? Why does he get singled out when there are many that do either the same or worse?

Am i right in thinking for a Sat night game we will see the actual 22 and emergencies rather than an extended squad. Those extended squad thingies are a bit of a tease, especially when they include rookies who then don't make the final 22.

I can see both of their arguments, and don't feel like diving into the actual argument. The problem to me was that 3KZ posted a football opinion and Jackess responded with "Do you even watch games?". It spiralled from there. Jackess would be an excellent poster if he played could disagree with people respectfully instead of resorting to personal attacks...
Exactly why I have blocked him. Over it.

Chris Fagan in today's presser, Hugh and Eric trained really well today and unless they pull up sore they will play on Saturday along with Hodgey. It's looking like 3 will have to come out, Keays, Walker + ??

Tough for those guys but great for the club

Chris Fagan in today's presser, Hugh and Eric trained really well today and unless they pull up sore they will play on Saturday along with Hodgey. It's looking like 3 will have to come out, Keays, Walker + ??

Maybe a good game to give Charlie Gardiner a week off.

Hughie, Hippy & Hodgey back in. Walker (unlucky) , Keays (more unlucky) & either Lester or Adams out but I would say Lester out (even more unlucky) as Lester has been playing good footy while Adams is getting games on potential only.

Hughie, Hippy & Hodgey back in. Walker (unlucky) , Keays (more unlucky) & either Lester or Adams out but I would say Lester out (even more unlucky) as Lester has been playing good footy while Adams is getting games on potential only.
I'd be very, very surprised if they dropped Lester. Been in great form and him, Andrews, Gardiner and Rich have some great chemistry together atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no pressure to play someone who isn’t 100%. I’m not sure if it was the same injury, but remember when Bailey was out injured, returned and almost immediately (literally) injured himself again. We don’t need that to happen to Hipwood, McCluggage or Hodge.

There is no pressure to play someone who isn’t 100%. I’m not sure if it was the same injury, but remember when Bailey was out injured, returned and almost immediately (literally) injured himself again. We don’t need that to happen to Hipwood, McCluggage or Hodge.
Agreed with Hipwood(Although if the club docs say he is ready to go I want us to play him) but McCluggage never had an injury. Just some hammy tightness and they were ultra cautious with him because he is in our top 6 players.

Tossed a coin & I say Adams out not Lester. Will play best 22 available. Only other one I can suggest for consideration is Bailey. Will be a match up to opposition thing at the end of the day.

Going to be a tough call if the 3 come back in. I'd heard Hodgey was very sore ,Hipwood knee,McClug hammy tightness so maybe one of those might miss

Obviously Walker will go if they all come in , then a call on Adams/Lester ,Bundy/Keays.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Bailey go back to the Neafl for a bit. Looked like a guy who's position has changed a bit and is struggling to work out his role. However if he does we're going in very tall.

It would be Andrews, Gardiner, Hipwood, McStay, Omac, Adams and then Lester just below those. We're certainly going to test them height wise but are we giving up a bit too much run? Unsure. You'd think Adams would play down back then but who he would play on is a bit less clear. Do you stick him on Brown and Gardiner on Larkey? You're giving away a fair bit of height in both of those contests, but if you've got andrews as that 3rd man in i guess you're not as worried. Adams is a decent matchup for Brown given brown gets on the lead more and Adams has the pace to go with him as well as a decent jump.

Its a tough one and will be really interesting to see which way we go.

Agreed with Hipwood(Although if the club docs say he is ready to go I want us to play him) but McCluggage never had an injury. Just some hammy tightness and they were ultra cautious with him because he is in our top 6 players.
Yep I agree with you 100% but sometimes clubs can play ‘ducks and drakes’ with the truth a little to keep the opposition guessing. At the end of the day we can be confident that our medical staff will make the right calls. They have been excellent this year.

Bailey played a game of NEAFL first before returning, so the club did take the safe option.

Bailey played a game of NEAFL first before returning, so the club did take the safe option.
Thanks for that Nunez. Must have just been unlucky.

Can you include maybe 10-15 others in that category as well please? Why does he get singled out when there are many that do either the same or worse?
He got singled out because I was citing a specific and current occurrence.

There are definitely a number who do it. There are certain few who do it on a fairly regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back