Game Day Brisbane Lions vs Richmond Tigers QF 1

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

HTB at HBF after kick-in maybe?????

"What happens with Brisbane now, they're not leaving Queensland...."

WELL, YEAH, CUZ WE ON TOP BISH!!! :D

can't wait to watch the replay. only got to watch the 4th quarter... eugh

bit of junk time goals feel to it. nice win by the girls im sure.

a nice week off and then we go again!

Very solid effort. Some patches that could have been cleaner.

But on we go.

Good efforts across the whole group. Midfield got on top. The Tigers rely heavily on a few gun players but they were all given a nice tough afternoon. Hickie was huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think last years BnF just pulled down the pantzzz of this year's possible BnF. Emily ur a beauty.

Only once did Conti really do what she loves, getting the ball just outside the contest and setting up play. That one led to a goal. Our mids held her accountable all game otherwise. Bates, Cathy Svarc, Ally, Dawes just kept making her possessions poor quality and under pressure.

Ellinger coming of age this season...looks like a loved team mate and her pace and reading of the play has become exceptional this season.....just needs some work on her decision making re disposal....luv her style
Going by the amount of time Jade appears on screen in pre-game warm-ups and quarter-time huddles, think the CH7 cameramen do too.
Ah well, better go and do some housework.

Looking forward now to the Roos and Cats to beat the living merde' out of each other.
Saw us play Roos...a strong team.....but they only drew with Tiges Dont know much about the Cats but they look physically strong

Ellinger coming of age this season...looks like a loved team mate and her pace and reading of the play has become exceptional this season.....just needs some work on her decision making re disposal....luv her style

I think one of the real wins by Brisbane in AFLW has been our ability to develop players from marginal squad members to solid contributors to important players to key players, sometimes within a couple of seasons.

I think we have seen it happen to:

Grider
O’Dwyer
Wardlaw
Dawes
Hodder
Davidson
Koenen
Campbell
Hickie

Now I feel Ellinger is certainly heading that way plus high hopes for Smith. Heslop showing signs. Early days for Pauga, possibly Postlethwaite if we can get her on the field.

A lot of the clubs in Melbourne seem to have raided each other at each trade period and not been forced quite to the same extent to develop players. Somewhat isolated from that option, we and maybe Adelaide, seem to have created a really strong development system. Our players we got from other clubs were all delisted from memory - Monaghan, Smith, Heslop.

Smith is finaly playing with some aggression and using her size. Also her kicking is improving, I can see her going down the wardlaw path of development. She just now needs to work on taking marks at the highest pointy and extending the arms, she is just taking all chest marks now. 2 to 3 more seasons and she could be anything, also she is quite a good second ruck.

Dakota = Linc.

Just awesome.

Back