Women's Footy Brisbane Lions Women's Team - Official Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What I am typing now is black text on a white background. If you hold down your left mouse and colour in the typing it turns into white text on a blue background.
If you change the text colour from black to white then you get what looks to be empty space (white text on a white background) and when you swipe the mouse over it again it all looks white text on blue background meaning you can see it all.

In the last one I typed (post 143) I changed every second letter to white - if you colour it all in you will see the message I wrote - if you swipe the mouse (ie left click and hold while you move the cursor) on the messages from Ironmonger and TheBrownDog you will also be able to read those ones...

Helpful or still brain hurty?

Brain hurty!:eek::huh:

...but appreciate your efforts to explain it to me, thanks:)

Don't know where else to post this question for mods - I was wondering how the women's team information, news and discussion will be set up on the Lions club board on BF in the future, as a separate thing or all part of the same? i.e. will we have women's player profiles in the curent roster watch section or will there be a different one for women? Will articles about the women's team be best suited in the current media watch thread or somewhere else? I've started coming across some news and information (here's something for example: http://www.[NB: girlsplayfooty doma...016/06/marquee-targets-adelaide-brisbane.html) and was was just wondering what will happen down the track.

Last edited:
For the time being this'll be a compendium "Media Alert" and general discussion thread. Realistically most discussion will spin out of media articles for the time being. We'll have to evaluate what kind of demand there is for individual roster threads, etc, closer to the actual start or even potentially after, if we decide to gauge interest firsthand rather than trying to guess what people will want.

We have announced our two marquee signings.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-27/sixteen-of-the-best-womens-league-marquee-players-named

Brisbane Lions
Tayla Harris
Forward/ruckman
Plays for Zillmere in the QWFL
5 x youth girls' All Australian
Selection 17 in the 2014 draft
Played for Melbourne in 2014-15
Played for the Brisbane Lions academy team in 2016
Day job: Brisbane Lions community officer
Queensland born and bred, Harris is an athletic player, with elite overhead skills and a penetrating kick. Attacks aerial contests and applies defensive pressure at ground level. Loves an impromptu goal celebration, too.

Sabrina Frederick-Traub
Full-forward/ruckman
Plays for South Fremantle in the WAWFL
2 x youth girls' All Australian
Played for Melbourne in 2015
Played for Western Australia in 2015-16
Australia Post AFL multicultural ambassador
Studying sports psychology at Murdoch University
Moved to Australia from England when she was seven and started playing football with boys to help get used to Australian life. Is a strong overhead mark, hard-hitting, and high-leaping in the ruck or up forward. Has a long and accurate kick. Played soccer as a junior and is an accomplished guitar and clarinet player.

CoVpvRDUMAAFoKP.jpg

Gee I'm surprised we got Sabrina as well. If I remember correctly she has been another standout from the trial matches I have seen so far.

And we are going down the youth track compared to other clubs to keep up our Club wide philosophy. Our two marquee players are the youngest.

Gee I'm surprised we got Sabrina as well. If I remember correctly she has been another standout from the trial matches I have seen so far.

And we are going down the youth track compared to other clubs to keep up our Club wide philosophy. Our two marquee players are the youngest.
Yep, 2 young, key position stars! Good move from the club imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the kids from the girls side I coach were out there for the training day. Good promotion from the club, I wasnt there because I was interstate, but Tayla was apparently great with the kids. My daughter has a new hero, her and Hippy.

Thats one of the best footy photos I've seen, no guy could get such a classic leg extension.

Thats one of the best footy photos I've seen, no guy could get such a classic leg extension.
Did you hear her explanation of why her left hand goes up over her leg in front of her face? When she was a girl, her extension was so long she used to knee herself in the face with the follow through, so she put her hand on her knee to protect her face.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back