Women's Footy Brisbane Lions Women's Team - Official Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I do have to admit that i didn't like it.
I think they are better off letting their footy do the talking.

Agreed, what we need is a team of robots who show no form of personality or emotion.

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I do have to admit that i didn't like it.
I think they are better off letting their footy do the talking.
I'm not sure anybody has been listening when they have just let their footy do the talking. They have put the pressure on themselves now & I'm looking forward to them 'stickin it up em'.

Personality is fantastic.
That was not personality.
It reminds me a little of Francesco Totti's thumb sucking at the 2006 Soccer World Cup.

Shooshing the doubters who have doubted us since the leagues inception is hadly controversial and if anything gives the doubters a big '* you'.

In the end, I'm glad the girls expressed themselves against a group always counting them out.

Shooshing the doubters who have doubted us since the leagues inception is hadly controversial and if anything gives the doubters a big '**** you'.

In the end, I'm glad the girls expressed themselves against a group always counting them out.
After a Grand Final, hell yeah, a big '#### you'.
After round 1, not for me.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will look dumb if they start getting beaten but it's just a bit of fun really.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
It reminds me a little of Francesco Totti's thumb sucking at the 2006 Soccer World Cup.
Brisbane has the best win/loss record of any team in the AFLW, yet was still picked as, or talked up as premiership favourites by almost no one.
It was a pretty good response I thought.
I took it as, keep talking everyone else up, we will go quietly under the radar and win it all.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I actually quite like it. I think the less professional AFLW can handle a bit more outspokenness from the players, and I think they have a pretty strong case.

But it's probably worth the club keeping an eye on how far it spreads. We don't want to come across as whingers.

I might need to be educated on Totti's thumb sucking though. Didn't that have something to do with his son being born?

As far as I understand it, IF she wanted to go, any Victorian club would have to trade for her at least.

The only club we can lose players to without compensation is the Gold Coast.

Daja bloody vu. Lions will again be set back by the Gold Coast. Imagine if we are reigning premiers when GC raid our talent - once again we will have to import more out of state players and face the go home years again.

Do Victorian clubs get to raid other teams for free as well or is it just a hit the non vic club policy?

radiotron

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Probably going to the game on Sunday. Is SPSC dog friendly? Like picnic blankets and dogs vibe or no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Daja bloody vu. Lions will again be set back by the Gold Coast. Imagine if we are reigning premiers when GC raid our talent - once again we will have to import more out of state players and face the go home years again.

Do Victorian clubs get to raid other teams for free as well or is it just a hit the non vic club policy?

Players will be rated by Champion Data and certain points will be allocated to them. Existing AFLW clubs have to give up "100 points worth" of players to the new expansion Victorian clubs.

I imagine we will have to do the same with the Suns. I'm basically resigned to the fact that we will lose Zanchetta to them, plus some others.

Players will be rated by Champion Data and certain points will be allocated to them. Existing AFLW clubs have to give up "100 points worth" of players to the new expansion Victorian clubs.

I imagine we will have to do the same with the Suns. I'm basically resigned to the fact that we will lose Zanchetta to them, plus some others.
They will still be a couple of years away so maybe she will be entrenched in the side by then and won't want to go anywhere.
Just dreaming?

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
They will still be a couple of years away so maybe she will be entrenched in the side by then and won't want to go anywhere.
Just dreaming?
I suspect they will ask who is willing to go. The issue is, if Zanchetta stays, it just men's someone else of equal value has to go.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

You are doing way better than me - I'm still at the annoyed/pre pissed off stage. Lot of big footy posting before I will find peace or resignation with it.

Apparently ratings are down this year for the AFLW.........head honcho's said to be very concerned.

Not surprised they are down. Hard to match the novelty factor of last year.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
You are doing way better than me - I'm still at the annoyed/pre pissed off stage. Lot of big footy posting before I will find peace or resignation with it.

To be fair, we've had an entire state to ourselves. The Suns can't just be expected to start with the scraps.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Gonna be stinking hot on Sunday. Now I haven't been out to Strathpine so I can't account for wind chill and such but forecasts for my area say it's gonna be 36 with 50% humidity.
So just stay hydrated if you're going to the game, it's not going to be comfortable

Probably going to the game on Sunday. Is SPSC dog friendly? Like picnic blankets and dogs vibe or no?
Not sure if it's dog friendly or not but there's no hill due to it being on a floodplain so you're unlikely to be able to sit much if you want to see the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back