Brisbane played 18 games at home and finished 1st on ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

You would be wrong. There is at least three clubs with zero actual home ground advantage games this season.
Nobody been more disadvantaged than Hawthorn but the amusing thing of OP is how his team by comparison is way more advantaged than a lot of clubs but all he can look for is grass is greener scenario and be jealous. Do not make same mistake of victim mentality of OP, that your team is only one that had no real home ground advantages as it just not true.
Actually only 2 clubs have not had 1 game which has been an actual home ground advantage and those clubs are Richmond and Carlton. I’m not making any excuses for my club as I still think we’ll win the flag despite having a tougher road than port, Brisbane and west coast.

Fair enough if teams who have had an advantage like Brisbane, port and west coast win it, definitely an asterisk. However if a Richmond or Geelong win it it would rank as the most deserving premiership ever. To play pretty much the entire season interstate and beat those sides who have played at home for a majority of the year would be an incredible achievement.

Well so what? Some clubs always get to play off for the GF on their home ground.

Richmond moaning is a FCN laugh.

Actually only 2 clubs have not had 1 game which has been an actual home ground advantage and those clubs are Richmond and Carlton.
So you got it wrong the first time and on your second attempt you still got it factually wrong. You have only identified one more club.
You are not as bad as OP in your half cocked narratives, but not much better.
More than two clubs have had zero games with no real home ground advantages.
Eventually you will get it right if you do some actual research

So you got it wrong the first time and on your second attempt you still got it factually wrong. You have only identified one more club.
You are not as bad as OP in your half cocked narratives, but not much better.
More than two clubs have had zero games with no real home ground advantages.
Eventually you will get it right if you do some actual research
Tell me the other clubs, I went through and it’s only 2 clubs. All the interstate clubs have had home games, all the docklands clubs have while the rest of the mcg tenants have as well.
I’m not whinging by the way just stating fact.

Ok Metricon an away game for Brisbane against a Victorian club. I will remember this argument when we play interstate teams at docklands in the future. Away game, got it.
In a season where travel is significantly restricted and pretty much all the competition is based in QLD, I'm really not sure what else you're wanting the AFL to do here. Would you prefer we still travelled every other week to Perth or Adelaide? Would that make it fair for you?

edit: How many 'away' games did Richmond play at the MCG last year? Three, wasn't it?

Let’s be honest here. If the situation was reversed and the main hub was based in Victoria, the AFL would have moved your away games to Docklands or Geelong for the same reason ours were put in Metricon - to remove the home ground advantage and keep the games in a covid safe environment.

In a season where travel is significantly restricted and pretty much all the competition is based in QLD, I'm really not sure what else you're wanting the AFL to do here. Would you prefer we still travelled every other week to Perth or Adelaide? Would that make it fair for you?
I’m not complaining about the season at all. The afl have done a great job and wherever games are played I’m fine with. However the OP was talking about an asterisk on whoever won it, all I am saying is that depends on who wins it. I’m sure you can’t keep a straight face if you think a port or lions flag would be as hard earned as a Richmond or Geelong one?

I’m not complaining about the season at all. The afl have done a great job and wherever games are played I’m fine with. However the OP was talking about an asterisk on whoever won it, all I am saying is that depends on who wins it. I’m sure you can’t keep a straight face if you think a port or lions flag would be as hard earned as a Richmond or Geelong one?
Well if it's us against Richmond at the Gabba it's not going to be a walk in the park. You guys play incredibly well there against us. Kinda like a home game actually. ;)

Wow they played 17 games at home Instead of 18. What a difference that makes to this advantage. One game all season they had to drive down the road to play a bottom 4 side.

And point is the AFL ladder and positioning is proving the advantage of the top 2 sides have had on the comp.
Ok let's pretend that people give two shits about Brisbane and Port being top 2.

Let's be honest. Most know it's a load of crap and these two teams are far from where they sit on the ladder. Both more like bottom 8 sides but just been given this huge advantage all season.
Bahaha huge advantage port traveled for 10 of our games we were in a hub for 5 weeks . We are in the top two cos we adapted well to the hub an just focused on playing footy its a normal year just with a virus so its a real premiership like it or not . You lot played at least 2 games in your own state. . Richmond an Collingwood play at home like 14 + times in a normal season but thats not a huge advantage tho is it. The year those two teams have had to travel to places they have never seen or heard off before haha is the year they seem to be in the media alot for the wrong reasons. They are professional football players who should be able to play to their ability anywhere anytime . Collingwood have played 7 of there last 9 games at the gabba. they should be settled in by now an richmond with all their family around em shouldnt be any different really unless your not use to travelling, stop ya bitchin , they would have had home games in Victoria but you Victorians only think of yourself an know one else that includes your fellow Victorians. If it was or is a waste for this season your club could have pulled out for the year .. this season really shows alot about many vic teams an specially many vic supporters. Maybe alot of you need to go for a 5 km walk ps dont forget your mask

I don't think we will win but I really hope we do so we can dip some glasses in here and sip some margaritas.

Wow they played 17 games at home Instead of 18. What a difference that makes to this advantage. One game all season they had to drive down the road to play a bottom 4 side.

And point is the AFL ladder and positioning is proving the advantage of the top 2 sides have had on the comp.
Ok let's pretend that people give two shits about Brisbane and Port being top 2.

Let's be honest. Most know it's a load of crap and these two teams are far from where they sit on the ladder. Both more like bottom 8 sides but just been given this huge advantage all season.

Just wanted to say thanks so much for this. Shared a few of your comments with the boys and gave us a really good laugh. Gold.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back