Brisbane the Breakout team of 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Sold. I honestly think North Melbourne will be the breakout team (that finishes in the 8 at any rate)

It doesn't take much wrong for things to go belly up at Brisbane every year, whereas i think The Kangaroos are trajectoring nicely.

I honestly still have question marks about the culture and chemistry up at Brisbane. (The Dayne Beams exit is pretty concerning tbh)

Not Sold. I honestly think North Melbourne will be the breakout team (that finishes in the 8 at any rate)

It doesn't take much wrong for things to go belly up at Brisbane every year, whereas i think The Kangaroos are trajectoring nicely.

I honestly still have question marks about the culture and chemistry up at Brisbane. (The Dayne Beams exit is pretty concerning tbh)
You obviously don't know anything about the Lions then. Everything about them shows a strong unity and togetherness. One of the big reasons why Lachie Neale joined us.
P.s. Incase you weren't aware, Beams dad died earlier this year and every time he played a game at Brisbane it reminded him of his dad.

Brisbane are hyped up every year, until the footy starts.

You can’t seriously believe this?

It’s been pretty positive since Fagan took control but it’s only been a couple of years

You can’t seriously believe this?

It’s been pretty positive since Fagan took control but it’s only been a couple of years

At least the media here always pumps them up as the up and coming surprise almost every year. Not that I care, it is just amusing that it happens so much.

You obviously don't know anything about the Lions then. Everything about them shows a strong unity and togetherness. One of the big reasons why Lachie Neale joined us.
P.s. Incase you weren't aware, Beams dad died earlier this year and every time he played a game at Brisbane it reminded him of his dad.

Fair enough you obviously have much more awareness of the situation up thwre than me, i just feel North Melbourne will be the big improvers of 2019. I get the feeling Brad Scott (who is traditionally a conservative coach when it comes to playing youth) will start giving LDU more senior games, and he will shine.

I think most teams (bar the Suns) will have improved for 2019, so we will have have a much better season from go to whoa than 2018.

Fair enough you obviously have much more awareness of the situation up thwre than me, i just feel North Melbourne will be the big improvers of 2019. I get the feeling Brad Scott (who is traditionally a conservative coach when it comes to playing youth) will start giving LDU more senior games, and he will shine.

I think most teams (bar the Suns) will have improved for 2019, so we will have have a much better season from go to whoa than 2018.
In that l agree. North got a couple of good recruits in Polec, Hall and Lycett iirc. They also have one of the best KPF's in the game in Brown. Looking good for a rise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had a fairly healthy injury list, and lost Beams as well, so it could end up being one of those sophomore blues years where they win more of the thrillers but don't progress much. Still, I think they'll win the flag in 2020. The vibe around them since Easter has had all the makings for mine.

Haven't you heard? Cant you all hear it from the Carlton board?

SOS giving up a first rounder is all the club needed to put itself into the finals.

Have not read that once by any poster on our board, and I haven't left Bigfooty since the draft started.

Crows supporters are weirdly nervy - why is this?

Beams exit isn’t concerning. I think we ultimately done everything we could to keep him. Playing group seem so tight. I had big question marks regarding our culture some time ago but I think we’ve rectified that without a doubt.

Beamers mental health struggles are well documented. Fagan summer it up perfectly the other day.

Have not read that once by any poster on our board, and I haven't left Bigfooty since the draft started.

Crows supporters are weirdly nervy - why is this?

Go read the 40s pages of your draft thread - its all in there from many posters.

Newbies that should/may help us rise up the ladder in 2019. Mature players,players who were injured for most of the year and draftees who are ready to go.

Marcus Adams*
Lachie Neale
Jarryd Lyons
Ely Smith
Lincoln McCarthy*
Charlie Cameron

* health permitting

What’s a Melbourne style rebuild and what’s the end product?

Going from 17th to 13th to 11th to 9th to 5th to being premiership contenders.

Hopefully we can do it a bit quicker but we’re a couple of years behind them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back