Prediction Brisbane....they are a genuine chance of winning the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's true then he's a bit of a disappointment. Was supposed to be Dusty Martin mk II. And yes, your midfielders missed shots, but from tough angles. Your key talls were meant to stand up, and they either missed shots or didn't generate scores in the first place. Whether they pooed the bed or this is just how good they were, either way, they weren't very good.

Look, maybe some of the players, who you have very low expectations for like McStay performed as well as they have in the past, but if this is them playing well, then they're not very good. It was your senior brigade who was your best. Your young defence played poor and let in way too many easy goals.
We did play well, we would've beat probably any other team, given we kicked well. If we bring that same intensity we're going to be hard to beat from here on out. You're showing you're out of your depth talking about Brisbane as you haven't watched much of us (nothing wrong with that)

Either I'm right and Brisbane's kids crapped the bed, or you're right and Brisbane aren't that good. Which one is it? And before you say "they played well, they just missed shots" when you're a forward and you miss crucial shots, you haven't played well. Because that's your job.
It's a bit of both. Witherden and Answerth weren't good but Rayner and McCluggage were. Plenty of older players had bad games too, like McCarthy, Adams and basically the whole midfield besides Neale. And as others have said, the midfield were the main culprits with poor kicking, although McCarthy, Cameron and McStay all missed easy shots too.

Yeah at the end of the day it was as I predicted. Felt the media etc flattered the Lions a bit after their last encounter, Richmond controlled the game. The difference of finals experience really showed last night, Richmond so clean and composed while the Lions fumbled and sprayed. Richmond moved it in their f50 with ease while Brissie struggled... But for a team that came from 15th to 2nd it was still a fair effort, Tigers couldn't deal with their pressure at times. The importance of experienced campaigners like Hodge and Rich really showed too. I think they could benefit from getting a couple more mature aged recruits who can also work in a mentoring/on field sort of coaching role. Should've snapped up the likes of Daisy Thomas and Eddie Betts, if they were up for it.
The media were all going on about how Brisbane could have improved from that game. Richmond posters pointed out that we could also improve and, in particular, cited the stat that we made 0 tackles inside 50 in Round 23 - very un-Richmond-like. Last night we had 18 (and won the tackle count over all by 78 to 56).

It's a bit of both. Witherden and Answerth weren't good but Rayner and McCluggage were. Plenty of older players had bad games too, like McCarthy, Adams and basically the whole midfield besides Neale. And as others have said, the midfield were the main culprits with poor kicking, although McCarthy, Cameron and McStay all missed easy shots too.

It's promising that the mid field were well below par but we won the clearances contested possessions I50's etc. A bit more polish around goals and could have been a different outcome.

And Rayner will be a beast in a couple of years

We did play well, we would've beat probably any other team, given we kicked well. If we bring that same intensity we're going to be hard to beat from here on out. You're showing you're out of your depth talking about Brisbane as you haven't watched much of us (nothing wrong with that)
If you genuinely think McStay played well (and don't give me this "played his best for three months" crap) then we have different standards of playing well. I thought he was average since quarter time and showed that he's not very good. Brisbane have one above average forward who spent most of the night trying to play as a key forward when the Richmond crumbers crumbed like they were supposed to.

I also thought your backline struggled. Richmond generated a lot of scores from their inside 50s and a lot of close shots on goal. All of Martin's goals were fairly easy shots, alongside Edwards' goal, Rioli's goals, Bolton's goals, Lynch's goals etc.

If you genuinely think McStay played well (and don't give me this "played his best for three months" crap) then we have different standards of playing well. I thought he was average since quarter time and showed that he's not very good. Brisbane have one above average forward who spent most of the night trying to play as a key forward when the Richmond crumbers crumbed like they were supposed to.

I also thought your backline struggled. Richmond generated a lot of scores from their inside 50s and a lot of close shots on goal. All of Martin's goals were fairly easy shots, alongside Edwards' goal, Rioli's goals, Bolton's goals, Lynch's goals etc.
He did when the pressure was at it's highest. You've completely missed the entire point of the argument which was about players with no finals experience. Switch on buckaroo

Bad kicking just happens sometimes but obviously for it to happen in a QF is not ideal. Thought Brisbane actually played well in the first half albeit kicked badly, but when Richmond kicked all those goals on the trot felt Brisbane lost their mojo a bit, possibly had their confidence dented??

Anyway at least Brisbane get a second bite at the "cherry" and now know what finals Footy is all about as it's played at a completely. different tempo compared to H & A. The big question now will be as to whether Brisbane are quite ready yet as some of the young ones are possibly not finals hardened at this stage. As a general rule need to play in a finals series or two before managing to win the big trophy.

In any event whatever happens next week Brisbane have to be admired, to do so well and coming from so far back, although the signs were there last year. Just didn't think the sharp improvement would have happened so soon. 😊

Huge loss if Neale leaves in the off season. A ready made replacement would be necessary but not many out there who are at the same level as a Lachie Neale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back