Prediction Brisbane....they are a genuine chance of winning the flag

JohnnyFontane90

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton right now are pretty much exactly where brisbane were 12 months ago. imagine carlton being a flag contender next season! We've seen teams rebuild and rocket up the ladder when it comes together but Brisbane winning the flag this year would be the most remarkable rise of all time.

they're healthy and playing with house money so they're going to be dangerous and I hope they go all the way, but going on a run in September against a bunch of hardened finals teams is a big ask.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Fuly agree - never, ever think that 'next year could be our year'. You never know whether you'll be around the mark or whether you'll have an annus horribilis that sets the club backwards years.

:thumbsu: annus horribilus makes you recognise many of your players arent up to it.

Reckon Bris are on solid improvement with a growing & developing list.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
n
Carlton right now are pretty much exactly where brisbane were 12 months ago. imagine carlton being a flag contender next season! We've seen teams rebuild and rocket up the ladder when it comes together but Brisbane winning the flag this year would be the most remarkable rise of all time.

they're healthy and playing with house money so they're going to be dangerous and I hope they go all the way, but going on a run in September against a bunch of hardened finals teams is a big ask.

.,,, nope !

SonnyBoy1

Senior List
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Honestly find it hard to trust that they'll kick a winning score in finals, until I see it happen. Charlie Cameron, Lincoln McCarthy and Eric Hipwood as your top 3 goalscorers doesn't fill me with confidence come September.
Yeah great point mate, the team with the second most points for doesn't have scoring power never would of thought of that by myself and also Charlie cameron who has scored more goals than any other small fwd this year and is 6th in the coleman along side the best young KPF in the game who is 20th in the coleman playing basically 2 less games this year isn't a good enough fwd line, Also leaving out McStay, Big O and Rayner who can all score a goal or 2 most games alongside a team with a bunch of goal scoring mids. You made a great point to be honest

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
UnderstatedMediocreBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hipwood still a bit light on and mcstay I’m not sure Is good enough but just an opinion

That's cool just curious why you didn't rate them. Hipwood was and still is a rake but starting to slowly fill out and take some decent contested marks. McStay has the tools just needs to fix his kicking for goal and it should all come together

Paganism mark II

Etihad Stadium, Locker room end
May 15, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's cool just curious why you didn't rate them. Hipwood was and still is a rake but starting to slowly fill out and take some decent contested marks. McStay has the tools just needs to fix his kicking for goal and it should all come together
Hipwood won’t ever be a broad bloke, just genetics dictate that.
He’s still strong and athletic enough right now

I went to the game yesterday.

They have a good midfield
Good ruckmen
Servicable defence
Talented forward line

Definitely a scary proposition for all other 7 teams.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would say our defence is better than our midfield and forward line, especially in terms of consistency. Our midfield has been inconsistent at times, our defence has not.

Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Golden Knights

McStay needs to fix more than just his goal kicking. Not clunking enough marks and really struggles to work his way in to games.

Way down on confidence too which I think is related to his goal kicking

Plat

All Australian
Jan 24, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I just came here to lie and say Lincoln McCarthy was always this good.

Thanks.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
It all comes down to the mindset of handling the pressure of finals footy on the day.

Play Geelong, Tigers or Pies on the G in a prelim and it’s hard work maintaining that mindset in front of a hostile crowd.

Get to the GF and that’s a whole different type of game as we all know. Supreme pressure and aggression required.

Can they win it? As long as they have their best 22 on the park and the back 6 are in sync...sure they can.

I’d be barracking for them for sure.

paulige

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It all comes down to the mindset of handling the pressure of finals footy on the day.

Play Geelong, Tigers or Pies on the G in a prelim and it’s hard work maintaining that mindset in front of a hostile crowd.

Get to the GF and that’s a whole different type of game as we all know. Supreme pressure and aggression required.

Can they win it? As long as they have their best 22 on the park and the back 6 are in sync...sure they can.

I’d be barracking for them for sure.

Not really worried about hostile crowds. Plenty of hostility yesterday - appeared unfazed.

Added bonus is we will actually have pretty vocal support from fans (and maybe even most neutrals) in any game played in Vic.

Back