Prediction Brisbane....they are a genuine chance of winning the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember 2002 and 2003?

Brisbane vs Collingwood Grand Final?, it is a possibility but it is no guarantee of course.

There is no such thing as home ground advantage in the AFL anymore, even if you play at home you need to earn it.

There seems to be a lot of love for the Lions on here. Have some of you forgotten the recent 3 peat?

Having said that, they are an enjoyable team to watch.

Remember 2002 and 2003?

Brisbane vs Collingwood Grand Final?, it is a possibility but it is no guarantee of course.

There is no such thing as home ground advantage in the AFL anymore, even if you play at home you need to earn it.

Brisbane vs Collingwood or WC vs Geelong would be interesting. A chance for Brisbane or WC to go 3-0 over their opponents in grannies lol. Or a chance for redemption and revenge.

If Adams stays fit they're as good as anyone. Lots of players in form and I think if they finish top two they make the GF. I reckon they'll win it, they're hungry AF and clearly have a great team chemistry. Shades of 2008.

If Hawthorn doesn't make the 8 (look out world!) and the Eagles falter. I'd love to see the Lions win the flag. Huge romantic story after what they went through in the years after the threepeat. Plus Hodgey would become a 5 time premiership player :D.

I'd gladly support them if they were to face the Cats, Magpies, Dockers etc. In fact I'd like to see a Eagles v Lions grand final.... certain Victorian supporters would be unimpressed.

I don't think 2003 qualifies as recent anymore, at least not recent enough so that neutrals are sick of Brisbane being good.

Tell that to a Tigers supporter who had to wait 37 sh1tfull years. Or a Saints supporter. Or god forbid a Dees supporter.

I do enjoy watching you play though and would be happy for the cup to go north...If it can't be the Tiges. There are at least 5 teams that can win it this year and the Lions are right in the mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the finals started this weekend and we got Hipwood, Clug and Hodge back then I’d say we’d be close to the form team and a real threat.

Unfortunately I don’t have the confidence yet to rule out the possibility that we win 3 of the last 7 and limp into the finals or even if we make it we’ll need to step up again.

Also, we’re still very reliant on Neale and an injury to him would leave us with a huge hole in the midfield.

North Melbourne will beat them this weekend
I actually wouldnt be surprised. Its a bit like before we played Collingwood early in the year. Huge hype building externally and there might be a let down week mentally from some young guys after a huge month.

Still have blown all expectations for the year out of the water. Anything from here is a bonus

They've done really well to be within the top 4 with only 6 games to go. Going into this year, I had them pushing for finals but not quite making it. Think I had them 11th with around 10-11 wins. Would be pretty awesome if they maintained their position in the top 4 and get the double chance but I have a feeling they'll end up missing out on that opportunity. I'm not sold on the Lions being a genuine chance for the flag but I'd love to see them have a quality final series and give it a red hot crack. Think the flag will come from any of Geelong, West Coast, Collingwood or Richmond which are the teams who I think will be positioned in the top 4 at the end of the H&A season.

I have a feeling Brisbane are the Melbourne of 2018. They will make a prelim but get smashed by 50+ points
This wouldn't be such a bad outcome, if they were to take it as a learning experience.
I think if any Lions supporter at the start of the year, was offered a prelim spot, they would have taken it as a good season.

This wouldn't be such a bad outcome, if they were to take it as a learning experience.
I think if any Lions supporter at the start of the year, was offered a prelim spot, they would have taken it as a good season.

More like a season beyond our wildest dreams.

I would argue that no more than 10-20% of Lions supporters backed us to make the Top 8, never mind a preliminary final.

Just stop. There's one outlier that comes under a different finals system. One random example isn't a good case, it's an anomaly, and under a different system it lacks validity. It's also 20 years ago, how far back do you want to pull examples from? The 80s?

Brisbane are a fantastic young team but just won't beat multiple battle hardened finals sides to win the flag this year, history mounts this case too.
Experience has nothing to do with it. As I said earlier, what is likely is that the team they potentially lose to is simply better. If Brisbane faces a team that they are better than they will most likely beat them, experience has never mattered and it won't start mattering this year

Experience has nothing to do with it. As I said earlier, what is likely is that the team they potentially lose to is simply better. If Brisbane faces a team that they are better than they will most likely beat them, experience has never mattered and it won't start mattering this year
That's okay, my original point still stands I don't think they are ready this year to win the 3 consecutive finals against the more battle hardened finals sides in 2019. I think they will gain valuable finals experience as a group which will see them genuinely contend over the next few years, and I think they are a big chance for a flag in that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back