Prediction Brisbane....they are a genuine chance of winning the flag

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is this an equality of the afl or else a diversion of the afl to get their 'babies' a head start or else a
munchkin diversity... ? You know what I am saying.. hot to trot or else wired for sound...

Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think their inexperience will count against them and in a final, Neale will get worked over.

Great team to watch and even more enjoyable that it rubs more salt into Gil and co and their disastrous Suns experiment.
Neale has been targeted the last couple of weeks and has been pretty quiet. Others have stepped up and played brilliant games to compensate. Lyons for example got off the chain the last two weeks and played probably the two best games of his career. We are now at the point where we are playing brilliantly as a unit and don't need to rely on particular players.

Is this an equality of the afl or else a diversion of the afl to get their 'babies' a head start or else a
munchkin diversity... ? You know what I am saying.. hot to trot or else wired for sound...

If you are suggesting we are getting an armchair ride from the umpires to get wins and make finals for a fairy tale turn around...

We are currently the worst off team in the comp for Frees Against.

We are second for Frees For, 8 behind Collingwood.

It goes us, Collingwood, Dogs, Port, Essendon, Gold Coast.

Draw your conclusions of a conspiracy from that.

Fabes

All Australian
Jan 22, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If they finish top two... anything is possible: Win their qualifying final and then their preliminary with a hostile Gabba crowd behind them (unless they're playing Collingwood who always draw a fantastic away crowd) and they're into the Grand Final and then, again, anything can happen!

Have to finish top 2 IMHO.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Top 2 and home final locked away now. Huge chance

Top two not locked in yet. Probably need Richmond to knock off the Eagles and then we need to be competitive against the Tigers next week.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
A better outcome is to back Eagles to win last two games and Brisbane to beat Tigers. Would set up the chance for an amazing GF of Brisbane vs Eagles, which would probably be a high scoring thriller.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
This isn't to say that we will win it. But do people genuinely think the 'finals experience' thing matters?

8/10 times the best team will win. Experience doesn't matter. We've seen this time and time and time again over history but people continuously bring it up.

What is more likely is that Brisbane is not quite as good as the top 4 sides (Cats, Pies, Eagles, Tiges) (who coincidentally have more finals experience than them) and will be playing away from home against them, and as a result will more than likely lose.

But don't bring up that experience crap. You can name numerous examples in history, from numerous sports, where the lesser experienced or more experienced team won, there is no correlation there.

You should consider going into comedy. You're very good at it

Still think experience doesn't matter?
Jelly legs in front of goal were the Lions, why? No big stage experience to speak of.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Still think experience doesn't matter?
Jelly legs in front of goal were the Lions, why? No big stage experience to speak of.
Uhhh... did you watch tonight bro. Our intensity was insane. Clearly up to the finals pressure. We just kicked poorly (which we've done all season), but even worse than usual

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Uhhh... did you watch tonight bro. Our intensity was insane. Clearly up to the finals pressure. We just kicked poorly (which we've done all season), but even worse than usual

Yeh I watched it and you just couldn't handle the moments when they were presented to you.

Tell me, who was your best player?

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeh I watched it and you just couldn't handle the moments when they were presented to you.

Tell me, who was your best player?
Which moment in particular? We were good everywhere except in front of goal mate. And before you say it.. no. Technique is the most important part of goal kicking

Neale/Zorko/Clugga/Hodge were good

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
nah, don't go by what stats say, go by what your eyes showed you.
Hodge was your best player by quite some distance when the game was within 3-4 goals. After that, and the game was beyond 8 goals, your stat collectors racked them up.

Experience matters.
Haven't looked at the stats yet. What do they say?

Hodge was in our best, but he wasn't THE best. I don't know what more to say mate. We clearly proved tonight the finals experience thing (if it even exists... which it doesn't) didn't phase us.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Zorko & Clug the Lions best for mine.

You don't win a flag after losing a home final by 50-ish. It just doesn't happen. But a Grand Final appearance is still within reach, just need to learn from the finals tempo experience many of them debuted in tonight. Was likely always going to be a year too early, but they can still rebound yet.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Who was above him tonight in your opinion?
The ones I said above. Neale, Zorko, and maybe McCluggage.

Rayner was better when the game was close (like the other dude was talking about)

regardless it doesn't exactly prove his point when most of our best played their first final tonight

Back