Traded Brisbane trade #48 and future 3rd to Collingwood for a future 2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the benefit to both clubs of this trade?
Collingwood are back in every round of the 2020 draft now so they could trade their first round pick if they want to. Not sure if that's a driving factor though.
Collingwood obviously have something in mind - maybe the Crows are looking for another first next year for pick 28!

Good value for Brisbane, although I suppose we'll take a deficit into next year if we match an academy bid. The extra first and second means it shouldn't matter much though.
Works really well with us only having 4 open list spots at the moment I think. We cant use all the picks and if the last couple are tied up with academy/re-drafting delisted players then 48 would have been wasted. Works well all round.

Plus we get to death-ride Collingwood again.

Works really well with us only having 4 open list spots at the moment I think. We cant use all the picks and if the last couple are tied up with academy/re-drafting delisted players then 48 would have been wasted. Works well all round.

Plus we get to death-ride Collingwood again.

You’re death riding Saints (Aish-Hill deal).

Collingwood's social media manager on instagram or the official AFL House communication? Which one should I trust?

What about Ned Guy?

"Basically, we have brought in another pick to work with this year but not at any significant cost to our draft position next year given we have a future second from St Kilda in 2020," Collingwood list manager Ned Guy said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any update on which picks it is?

From the quote I’d say the pick given here is the future 2nd round pick attached to Pies finishing position. Guy is quoted as saying we still have the 2nd rounder attached to the Saints.

I’m hoping we might now use 35 and 48 (equivalent to pick 23). To try and get inside the top 30. Nth have 26,27 and 30 now. Wonder if we could interest them in a swap if one of our targets is still on the board there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They traded their own picks. The post from the Collingwood social media team doesn't contradict this, all they said was that they have a second rounder from St Kilda as part of the deal that got Aish to Fremantle, which is true. They're not saying that they traded it.

AFL House, Ned Guy and the AFL website's draft order tracker all say that Collingwood still have St Kilda's round 2 and round 4 picks, as well as Brisbane's 3rd rounder in 2020, and Brisbane has Collingwood's second rounder.

If they finish in the same place they did this year then those picks will be 34 and 51. The points value of 51 and 48 combined is very similar to pick 34, and a long way off the value of 24 (St Kilda's second rounder if they finish in the same spot).

Overall there's very little reason to think they traded anything other than their own picks.

They traded their own picks. The post from the Collingwood social media team doesn't contradict this, all they said was that they have a second rounder from St Kilda as part of the deal that got Aish to Fremantle, which is true. They're not saying that they traded it.

AFL House, Ned Guy and the AFL website's draft order tracker all say that Collingwood still have St Kilda's round 2 and round 4 picks, as well as Brisbane's 3rd rounder in 2020, and Brisbane has Collingwood's second rounder.

If they finish in the same place they did this year then those picks will be 34 and 51. The points value of 51 and 48 combined is very similar to pick 34, and a long way off the value of 24 (St Kilda's second rounder if they finish in the same spot).

Overall there's very little reason to think they traded anything other than their own picks.
Probably right. Don’t see why we would give up Saints 2nd.

Collingwood are back in every round of the 2020 draft now so they could trade their first round pick if they want to. Not sure if that's a driving factor though.

Reef McGinnis is a NGA Prospect for next years Draft

We got your own future second round pick, not the saints. Which is a shame because obviously we'd prefer the Saints pick.

Shows we Dumped on Freo as how tight out Salary Cap is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back