Preview Brisbane v Adelaide Preview No Divine intervention Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Very surprised at Berrys icnclusion. I dont understand the rush to bring him back in, l get their is a bye but its not exactly like he is pivotal to our team.

Always look on the bright side of life .... I will save $ on dessert while feasting on around 5-6 J.Berry Turnovers on Saturday night.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Very surprised at Berrys icnclusion. I dont understand the rush to bring him back in, l get their is a bye but its not exactly like he is pivotal to our team.

He'll be on reduced minutes. Prior only plays 50-60% Gametime so not much to cover

Always look on the bright side of life .... I will save $ on dessert while feasting on around 5-6 J.Berry Turnovers on Saturday night.

I just want us to recruit an apple. Love me some apple turnovers.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That's a very simplistic view. Melbourne loss to Adelaide and Collingwood and narrowly beat North but have dominated every other team.

Any team can beat any team and it's a risk to rest players who could have otherwise been the difference if they're available to play.
Not a simplistic view. An opinion.
And it is in relation to 3rd v 14th.
We should be able to manage last years Brownlow medalist who has had a interrupted year due to various issues
Neale is a great player for us and i would like him to get back to last years form
Actually Neale has not been the difference in our win loss this year in the games he has played
Because of these niggles/injuries he has been below his best
Neale has played 9 games of which we have won 5 & lost 4
Even last week he did not come good till the 3rd and 4th quarter. Disposals 4,1,9,10 total 24
Neale did not play rounds 7 to 11 against Power, Dockers, Suns, Tigers & GWS. We won them all

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
20210701_203653.jpg

Confirmed that we are playing at Adelaide Oval on Saturday

Some interesting trivia: Lions have never beaten Crows at AO. Last win against Crows in SA was in 2011 at AAMI Stadium.
To be fair, we've only played them in SA twice in that time

fugitive

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Some interesting trivia: Lions have never beaten Crows at AO. Last win against Crows in SA was in 2011 at AAMI Stadium.

I think the best game we ever played against them in Adelaide was in 2004 when Vossy kicked 7.

Last edited:
Are we flying in day of game? Might make it tough. Will have to be switched on, if Adelaide get a sniff they will be up and about.

One less hour on the plane will be helpful. Still a tough ask. We saw what happened to GWS with their dead legs when they flew up here. The players are going to have to prepare extremely well once they step off the plane.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He'll be on reduced minutes. Prior only plays 50-60% Gametime so not much to cover
True, but it is a significant stepup from VFL to AFL. Prior is at least a pretty decent kick so you can count on him to not mess up his disposals. If Berry hasn't got his touch back yet and, I didn't see the game last week, apparently he was fairly rusty, then he will be turning it over a fair bit. Plus, you got to be careful with groin injuries. Answerth played 1 game and is now out for the season. Berry has the same injury... I don't have quite as much faith in our doctors as last year as they have made a few mistakes this year by bringing players in too soon.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Don’t the Crows have to fly in as well? Aren’t they in Melbourne ATM?
As has been mentioned already, they fly back tomorrow morning and sleep in their beds.

We fly in Saturday morning, and have to stay in a function room at the ground before we’re allowed in to the dressing rooms at what ever time visiting teams usually arrive at an oppo ground.

Wilbur23

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm hearing Lachie will 100% not be on the flight. Mathieson will be playing and young Berry will be the sub.
Lachie from what I'm hearing was also very unlikely (next to no chance unlikely) to be playing even if it stayed in Melbourne.
Will be touch and go for next weekend depending on day.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Why isn’t the Doggies v Kangaroos game scheduled in Ballarat then considering it’s a Doggies home game it makes more sense
I think the best game we ever played against them in Adelaide was in 2004 when Vossy kicked 7.

I was there.

Be interested to see where Berry will play. Could be a Lachie Neale replacement or play up forward.

I would like him to become a dangerous medium sized forward as we are very well stocked with defenders and mid fielders.

Was there. Loved it. The crows pinned all their hopes on Carey and he was past it/did not care. Vossy destroyed them. Horrible, horrible stadium was Football Park.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
One less hour on the plane will be helpful. Still a tough ask. We saw what happened to GWS with their dead legs when they flew up here. The players are going to have to prepare extremely well once they step off the plane.
At this stage they are flying early Saturday morning which lands them in Adelaide with more than enough time to recover from the 1 hour flight and prepare for a 4.35pm game. Not really much more of an impact if they were playing The Suns down there at Metricon.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I was there.

Be interested to see where Berry will play. Could be a Lachie Neale replacement or play up forward.

I would like him to become a dangerous medium sized forward as we are very well stocked with defenders and mid fielders.

Dangerous forwards kick straight. Jarrod doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Dangerous forwards kick straight. Jarrod doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Too true unfortunately. He could be dangerous to us.

Daniher is dangerous though. My superannuation bloke (an Essendon supporter) predicted that Daniher would kick 40 goals 40 behinds. What he didn't say was that Joe would puts lots out on the full as well.

Hopefully Jarrod has been practicing his goal kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back