Brisbane V GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another filler just to get some talk going

Changes for me

Out : Smith - Harwood - Paparone
In : Schache - Witherden - Cox
I think Harwood will be given 1 more chance.
So Schache for Smith
And Withers for Paps for mine.
Cox = Emergency

Man it feels so good to have some serious competition for spots. With no real obvious ins and outs. Id like to keep to the same team. We were competitive again. So reward that team IMO.

In saying that i could see Archie out for Schache. But archie doesnt get thrown around like schache does. Archie isnt the better forward but I don't feel thats what he is there for.

May need another tall if Lobb plays.

Assuming they go with Patton, Cameron and Lobb or Himmelberg forward I'm not sure we want Gardiner on one of those. Walker might be first cab off the rank.

At the same time I still think we need another key forward. Schache the obvious inclusion.

Agree on Witherden. He looks ready.

So;

In: Walker, Schache, Witherden
Out: Paparone, Smith, Harwood

Backs: Walker Andrews Gardiner
HB: Rich McStay Mayes
C: Cutler DBeams Bastinac
HF: McCluggage Schache Lester
FF: Taylor Hipwood Rockliff
Ruck: Martin Zorko Berry
Bench: Witherden, Robertson, Mathieson, Barrett

Agree on Schache maybe another week in the NEAFL. He got 5 although the week before did not do much.
Although would not be sad he was swapped for Smith.
Watched some of the NEAFL and as with the score we had 22 listed players and played a level above the Sharks who been struggling this year.
Papps and Harwood yes do you go Walker, Witherden or Cox.
Or do you go three weeks un changed and put it to the guys in the NEAFL to really bang the door down for a spot

Agree on Schache maybe another week in the NEAFL. He got 5 although the week before did not do much.
Although would not be sad he was swapped for Smith.
Watched some of the NEAFL and as with the score we had 22 listed players and played a level above the Sharks who been struggling this year.
Papps and Harwood yes do you go Walker, Witherden or Cox.
Or do you go three weeks un changed and put it to the guys in the NEAFL to really bang the door down for a spot

I heard he didn't get used much by his team mates the week before but the intent and effort was there for what it's worth.

I heard he didn't get used much by his team mates the week before but the intent and effort was there for what it's worth.
I believe he needs another week at least in the 2's. 27 goals in total kicked in NEAFL team and really didn't think Josh worked hard for the 5 he snagged. In saying this, Harwood isn't coming up fit yet and is doubtful so maybe it opens the door for him but I don't think he's ready yet. Would prefer Close or Walker if Harwood doesn't come up. If everyone fit, no changes for me.

Heard whispers Harwood may need stitches in his foot after a mishap and didn't train today; could open up a spot this weekend. Reckon Witherden/Cox are a good shout to get a call up.

May need another tall if Lobb plays.

Assuming they go with Patton, Cameron and Lobb or Himmelberg forward I'm not sure we want Gardiner on one of those. Walker might be first cab off the rank.

At the same time I still think we need another key forward. Schache the obvious inclusion.

Agree on Witherden. He looks ready.

So;

In: Walker, Schache, Witherden
Out: Paparone, Smith, Harwood

Backs: Walker Andrews Gardiner
HB: Rich McStay Mayes
C: Cutler DBeams Bastinac
HF: McCluggage Schache Lester
FF: Taylor Hipwood Rockliff
Ruck: Martin Zorko Berry
Bench: Witherden, Robertson, Mathieson, Barrett
Good call on walker we need someone to man lobb if he plays I don't know if Gardiner us big enough. I see mcstay on Cameron & Andrews on Patton.

But you could almost argue that if Gardner doesn't have a 3rd tall matchup perhaps there's no matchup for him. Can't see us taking in 4 tall defenders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good call on walker we need someone to man lobb if he plays I don't know if Gardiner us big enough. I see mcstay on Cameron & Andrews on Patton.

But you could almost argue that if Gardner doesn't have a 3rd tall matchup perhaps there's no matchup for him. Can't see us taking in 4 tall defenders

He played on someone six foot tall on the weekend. Could play on Greene this week.

I believe he needs another week at least in the 2's. 27 goals in total kicked in NEAFL team and really didn't think Josh worked hard for the 5 he snagged. In saying this, Harwood isn't coming up fit yet and is doubtful so maybe it opens the door for him but I don't think he's ready yet. Would prefer Close or Walker if Harwood doesn't come up. If everyone fit, no changes for me.

I agree in that another week in the 2s with a good performance would be good for him.

What I don't agree with is the comment saying he didn't work hard for those goals. He certainly did, and played up the ground a fair bit. One goal in particular, he took a mark around the middle of the wing and kicked a pass to close. He ran down back in the forward line and instantly turned and presented, taking a mark. He composed himself and kicked truly.

Certainly worked hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back