Preview Brisbane vs Essendon, Gabba, Sunday 10/06/18 @ 1:10 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I'm not annoyed because these selections will make us lose this game or anything, we should win with the team selected and the chances wouldn't be all that different had they gone with the younger guys for this singular game. It's annoying (speaking for myself) because it's a look into their philosophy and that they seem to be much more interested in getting some results in the short term and not at all having the longest view in the room and building something that can compete deep into September, that's frustrating to me after being a treadmill team with no identity for a loooong time.

It's not a call to drop every old guy and play young guys just because, like Draper or Long or Zerk, but guys who have been putting in the work and playing well and who actually have a chance to have an influence on success in the future, stinks of Woosh wanting to go with his vets to get a win so he doesn't feel the heat on his job.

The negativity with the selection is because this is the same old same old haven't won a final for 15yrs, as unlikely as it might be if we could scrape into the finals from here playing the youth it would be a massive steep forward, if we just miss the finals or get in playing guys who have no part in the future of team it just another season wasted, and just missing or getting is super optimistic
I completely get the negativity around the selection itself as there is much of it I don't really agree with, and find the melts around it rather hilarious when I detach myself from it.

What I detest and I mean really detest is the non-stop crap that our supporters fling at our players. Much of it is not reasoned criticism, it's just purposely mean, boring and they deserve better.

Oh, and as for supporters saying they HOPE we lose...

Disagree totally. No point playing a player who is struggling for form or maybe needs to be playing midfield in the VFL. Laverde was not in form and has not been for a while. I would sooner he go back in the VFL and maybe play 4 or 5 games in the midfield like they did with Langford last year. You need to get the balance right. Playing them for the sake of playing them is often a worse result.
The issue should not be Laverde dropped. The issue is Jake Long did not replace him.
What if he is dropped and played mostly forward? Now that would be a complete waste to me

Disagree totally. No point playing a player who is struggling for form or maybe needs to be playing midfield in the VFL. Laverde was not in form and has not been for a while. I would sooner he go back in the VFL and maybe play 4 or 5 games in the midfield like they did with Langford last year. You need to get the balance right. Playing them for the sake of playing them is often a worse result.
The issue should not be Laverde dropped. The issue is Jake Long did not replace him.
Less concerned about laverde being dropped, though I dont get it

More the lack of Francis, Clarke, long being picked before Myers and green

Our shining lights this year has been the kids taking their opps

Why would we pick Myers over Clarke?
Why would we pick Green over Laverde?

Lav has actually been quite a bit better over the past three weeks.
Clarke didn't do that well but you have to give kids a couple of weeks to settle.

Myers should not ever play a senior game for us again.

I think Myers is cooked myself. I just can not see how he gets any better but as he is signed up again for next year not playing another game is not really that realistic.

Before he went down injured he was second in our goal kicking, first for score involvements, first for tackles I50 and was our best pressure forward.

Look past the hate, he was performing when the rest of our highly vaunted forwardline were still chugging their own bathwater.
Did you get on him for the b & f going on that form ?, would be leading after 5 rounds surely ?. The truth is he was 2nd in the goal kicking with more than half of them from over the top handballs !.

I hope we thump the living bejesus out of them and I hope Myers, Brown and Green all have great games, just so there is maximum egg on face among all the shitflingers here.

And yeah I know that won't happen, but if you lot can get away with so much incessant bagging of our own players, then pfffft.

Seriously some of you don't seem to be happy unless you're piling into the usual whipping boys. It's amazing. Why do you lot even bother to keep up the so-called support? Just so you can tell Davey Myers to **** off again or something?

Finally someone calling it as it is about the so called supporters on here that continually bag their own players just to go with the mob mentality that is social media.
I hope Hurley, Myers and any of the 34 players that have put up with the past few years of people potting them have a great game and shut up the supposed people who profess to love their club that post constant disrepectful opinions on here which have nothing to do with the game.

I mean, I'm not annoyed because these selections will make us lose this game or anything, we should win with the team selected and the chances wouldn't be all that different had they gone with the younger guys for this singular game. It's annoying (speaking for myself) because it's a look into their philosophy and that they seem to be much more interested in getting some results in the short term and not at all having the longest view in the room and building something that can compete deep into September, that's frustrating to me after being a treadmill team with no identity for a loooong time.

It's not a call to drop every old guy and play young guys just because, like Draper or Long or Zerk, but guys who have been putting in the work and playing well and who actually have a chance to have an influence on success in the future, stinks of Woosh wanting to go with his vets to get a win so he doesn't feel the heat on his job.
Fair call

What if he is dropped and played mostly forward? Now that would be a complete waste to me

Well he has to be able to kick a set shot as well. Would rather him practice getting his goal kicking back on track in the VFL. Lets face it he is a forward who has kicked 2 goals in 6 games. Green may be yesterdays news but he does kick a goal.
If Laverde goes back as a forward and kicks 10 goals in the next 4 games then welcome back Jack.
Parish is a prime example of a player getting too many games without actually learning a lot of game craft.

Less concerned about laverde being dropped, though I dont get it

More the lack of Francis, Clarke, long being picked before Myers and green

Our shining lights this year has been the kids taking their opps

To be fair Clarke was not great against Geelong and he was not near his best VFL form last week although he was not horrible. People have to get used to Myers getting a game for now. Clrake not playing right now will not hinder him. Clarke not being in the frame to start next season is a different issue but not playing this week or soon will not effect that.

As far as Green goes. Would have gone Long myself.

I feel you man.

Finally someone calling it as it is about the so called supporters on here that continually bag their own players just to go with the mob mentality that is social media.
I hope Hurley, Myers and any of the 34 players that have put up with the past few years of people potting them have a great game and shut up the supposed people who profess to love their club that post constant disrepectful opinions on here which have nothing to do with the game.
Here's the thing. If I were a selector I wouldn't have picked Myers or Brown or Green, as I don't think it's the right way to go.

But once they're selected regardless, surely you just register your disagreement and then hope they perform well. But I get the feeling there'd be some who would rather be right about players they've written off, than seeing them actually perform well. I see the same comments targeted at the same types week in and week out and frankly it's just crap to see.

And before anyone says it, "then the selectors should stop selecting them" is a cop out.

He relies on goals over the top, easy cherry picking goals and that's about it. He is slow, overweight and selfish. I can't be any more blunt !.
I'm not knocking you or Dona's opinion, just that I have a different view to you both.

I’m no Green fan. Watch the first few rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he has to be able to kick a set shot as well. Would rather him practice getting his goal kicking back on track in the VFL. Lets face it he is a forward who has kicked 2 goals in 6 games. Green may be yesterdays news but he does kick a goal.
If Laverde goes back as a forward and kicks 10 goals in the next 4 games then welcome back Jack.
Parish is a prime example of a player getting too many games without actually learning a lot of game craft.
Reckon Laverde will get a reality check when he plays VFL. I don't believe stories of him being so far above the rest that he will have a 25 possession game and kick 6 goals. Would not be surprised if he is not in the best 6.

Reckon he will realise there are guys in that team that have a red hot go, busting their guts to with a dream of getting a single senior game. And they can kick straight.

I hope Stewart and Laverde put in awesome games, but I reckon playing guys on form is the way to go. And their form simply wasnt good enough. If they put up the performance people on here expect, they will come straight back in. But don't be too disappointed if they don't.

I’m no Green fan. Watch the first few rounds.
Yup; I'm not an advocate of his by any stretch, but he did his job early in the season.

I don't especially agree with his selection, but you can't deny he was decent enough early on.

I hope we thump the living bejesus out of them and I hope Myers, Brown and Green all have great games, just so there is maximum egg on face among all the shitflingers here.

And yeah I know that won't happen, but if you lot can get away with so much incessant bagging of our own players, then pfffft.

Seriously some of you don't seem to be happy unless you're piling into the usual whipping boys. It's amazing. Why do you lot even bother to keep up the so-called support? Just so you can tell Davey Myers to **** off again or something?
And what if we do flog them and all 3 play well. Is there any sustainability in that? Will Myers, Brown and Green back it up again the following week? Can you seriously see those 3 being a part of any future success at the club?

I cant.

All we are doing is delaying the potential development of players like Francis, Clarke Laverde, Long etc...

I dont think its personal hate thing to those 3 players either its more about looking foward and how we move on and build from here

Reckon Laverde will get a reality check when he plays VFL. I don't believe stories of him being so far above the rest that he will have a 25 possession game and kick 6 goals. Would not be surprised if he is not in the best 6.

Reckon he will realise there are guys in that team that have a red hot go, busting their guts to with a dream of getting a single senior game. And they can kick straight.

I hope Stewart and Laverde put in awesome games, but I reckon playing guys on form is the way to go. And their form simply wasnt good enough. If they put up the performance people on here expect, they will come straight back in. But don't be too disappointed if they don't.
Doubt he will get a reality check, playing against the bottom VFL team I expect him to kick a bag.

And what if we do flog them and all 3 play well. Is there any sustainability in that? Will Myers, Brown and Green back it up again the following week? Can you seriously see those 3 being a part of any future success at the club?

I cant.

All we are doing is delaying the potential development of players like Francis, Clarke Laverde, Long etc...

I dont think its personal hate thing to those 3 players either its more about looking foward and how we move on and build from here
Bullshit it isn't personal or at least, utterly repetitive to the point of absurdity sometimes. The whipping boys cop it even when they aren't actually doing anything or even playing sometimes.

And what if we do flog them and they play well? Well, I for one will celebrate a win.

I don't think you'll be crying into your beer about the lack of sustainability if that happens either dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back