Preview Brisbane vs Essendon, Gabba, Sunday 10/06/18 @ 1:10 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In your opinion...... as you are not on the coaching panel clearly you more experienced than the people paid to decide these things
Myers in is telling of the lack of midfield depth, and besides, the club feels obligated to gift him games due to that never ending drama.

Myers in is telling of the lack of midfield depth, and besides, the club feels obligated to gift him games due to that never ending drama.
I really doubt 'that' is a factor in selection anymore. In the length of his contract, sure. But not selection, not this year.

I hope we thump the living bejesus out of them and I hope Myers, Brown and Green all have great games, just so there is maximum egg on face among all the shitflingers here.

And yeah I know that won't happen, but if you lot can get away with so much incessant bagging of our own players, then pfffft.

Seriously some of you don't seem to be happy unless you're piling into the usual whipping boys. It's amazing. Why do you lot even bother to keep up the so-called support? Just so you can tell Davey Myers to **** off again or something?

when we choose to support something, we don't have to give up our ability to critically analyse the thing we're supporting

I really doubt 'that' is a factor in selection anymore. In the length of his contract, sure. But not selection, not this year.
I thought we were the nicest club of the land, on and off the field. I know how I'd feel if I were in Myers' shoes.

when we choose to support something, we don't have to give up our ability to critically analyse the thing we're supporting
um - did I claim otherwise, ever?

Critical analysis is fine and in fact great. The keyboard mashing and snide s**t and abuse directed the way of some every week is not critical analysis. It's self-indulgent sooking and nothing more.

Green had kicked
He's not AFL standard though.

Have been saying he is done myself but I was just looking through the leading clearance players this season and Myers is at number 23 with an average of 5.20 per game. That puts him in front of Cotchin , Bont , Shuey , Treloar , Higgins , Nathan Jones , Sidebottom , Pendlbury and Heppel to name a few. If only he could make something of the rest of his game.

Yep & Myers Green selections are simply a waste of time when there are players who could help us develop beyond this or next week having to spend more time in the twos.

Very disappointed in this approach, it takes us nowhere.

True but he will be surprised by the quality and determination of the Essendon VFL players including guys that are fighting for his spot in the AFL team.

I bet you here and now that he both has more stats and kicks more goals this week than any of our ‘ins’ this week.

Edit: as in compared to their VFL game last week that got them into the senior team this weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Green had kicked

Have been saying he is done myself but I was just looking through the leading clearance players this season and Myers is at number 23 with an average of 5.20 per game. That puts him in front of Cotchin , Bont , Shuey , Treloar , Higgins , Nathan Jones , Sidebottom , Pendlbury and Heppel to name a few. If only he could make something of the rest of his game.
What you mean you actually looked at the facts maybe thats what the coaches do to ????
And maybe all the other players you mentioned are in midfields which have some cohesion which makes them all function better in the other aspects of their games.

Green had kicked

Is there stats for effective clearance ineffective clearance and clanger clearance? Those stats would tell us a lot more than just clearance on its own.

Im not thrilled with Myers, but with Zaka out i can acknowledge (not agree) the point of view in ensuring our midfield group isnt too inexperienced outside of Heppell and Zerrett.

Its the Green selection that boils my blood.
There is no reasons he should be getting games over Long or Laverde and when we already have a slow pressure forward in the team in baguley.
Long has been in the bests twice in the two games Green has returned from injury, how green comes in over him is bewildering.

Baguley - Brown - Tippa
Green - McKernan - Fanta
/
Laverde - Lavender - Houlihan
Younan - Stewart - Colyer/Mutch

Aside from Fanta, is our AFL forward line any better than our VFL?

I bet you here and now that he both has more stats and kicks more goals this week than any of our ‘ins’ this week.

Edit: as in compared to their VFL game last week that got them into the senior team this weekend
Green 19 possessions, 8 tackles, 2 goals playing as a forward

Redman 22 possessions 4 tackles

Brown had a quiet one but was on the bench a lot with only 9 possessions 4 contested marks and 3 tackles

Myers 21 possessions and 7 tackles

Will be interesting to see what Laverde does get and how he does compare.

Bullshit it isn't personal or at least, utterly repetitive to the point of absurdity sometimes. The whipping boys cop it even when they aren't actually doing anything or even playing sometimes.

And what if we do flog them and they play well? Well, I for one will celebrate a win.

I don't think you'll be crying into your beer about the lack of sustainability if that happens either dude.
Well its not personal from my front against any of the players mentioned. I can only talk for myself though.
So dont accuse me of personally attacking any of our players cause I never did that. Those players from a personal point of view have been awsome in particular to my son whos going through some tough times and i'll never forget that but from a purely footy point of view we aint gonna move forward or improve or develop by playing the same blokes who give the same output with the same results. Myers has been a solid servant, unlucky with injury however playing him is holding back the development of players like langford, clarke, mutch etc. We know what we are gonna get with the likes of Myers, Brown, J Merrett and Green.

Its now time to find out what Redman, Francis, Clarke, Mutch, Long, Ridley can offer moving foward.

Why not get a head start.

Last edited:
Baguley - Brown - Tippa
Green - McKernan - Fanta
/
Laverde - Lavender - Houlihan
Younan - Stewart - Colyer/Mutch

Aside from Fanta, is our AFL forward line any better than our VFL?
At their best:

Baguley<Laverde
Brown>Lavender
Walla>Houlahan
Green>Younan
McKernan<Stewart
Fantasia>Colyer

Right now:

Baguley=Laverde
Brown>Lavender
Walla>Houlahan
Green=Younan
McKernan=Stewart
Fantasia>Colyer

So yeah, comfortably so.

What you mean you actually looked at the facts maybe thats what the coaches do to ????
And maybe all the other players you mentioned are in midfields which have some cohesion which makes them all function better in the other aspects of their games.

When it comes to us I am always happy to be proven wrong. I go into this weekend hoping he smashes it and finds his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back