Game Day Brisbane Vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... i did say back when we lost a close game to the dogs and had to sit through them throwing the ball for 3 hours back in round 2 that i hope we get them back later on in the year when they came to Optus.

They then proceeded to come over to WA and absolutely PANTS us. Effectively spelling our demise.

Good to see we can still get them back in other ways. Like being s**t for instance :p

Went to the shops for most of the first half and kicked the footy with my kids most of the last quarter. Just got back in to see gaff give away a soft free and the backs pick out Cameron for the after the siren job.

Glad the boys simultaneously showed some fight and still rolled over to get Brissie in the top 4. Best of both worlds.

Well... i did say back when we lost a close game to the dogs and had to sit through them throwing the ball for 3 hours back in round 2 that i hope we get them back later on in the year when they came to Optus.

They then proceeded to come over to WA and absolutely PANTS us. Effectively spelling our demise.

Good to see we can still get them back in other ways. Like being sh*t for instance :p
Poetic justice.

If we're going to be s**t, at least let it * those pricks over.

PS - Been around forever but no good with names around here - are the ‘Sack the Coach’ Brigade just the ‘Sack Woosha’ mob with a new target?…

Simmo is not getting sacked, it's just not happening.
And without this being a pun (but it should be), noone should underestimate the credits in the bank that he has internally due to the 2018 premiership, and understandably so.

BUT those calling him to account for the past 3 years have every right to.
And moreso this season than any season. Past seasons we could say that it's the players have let him down.
But this season Simmo has refused to deal with the players letting the team down, he has now OKd that culture and has not dealt with some very obvious problems.
And it's not like these players are gut running and putting in effort but happen to be off their game - they are just not giving effort and Simmo is allowing them to do so.

I've never thrown this out there - but now that the season is over can confirm that all is not well inside the club atm (nor should it be really).
I wont say anymore than that but here's hoping they can clear the bad air post season and not let it carry on into 2022.

Crap end but the team showed a lot for a fair part of the game. At least we saw some guts.

The club just needs to do an absolute teardown to stop the ridiculous runs of goals we concede. It has been a consistent issue all season, even when we were very competitive early on (starting with the Saints disaster). Whatever it is - coaching, sports psych, leadership - they need to flush it out.

I don't think things are as bad as they seem. It's time to start using some good picks for sure, but the ingredients are still there for a good team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmo is not getting sacked, it's just not happening.
And without this being a pun (but it should be), noone should underestimate the credits in the bank that he has internally due to the 2018 premiership, and understandably so.

BUT those calling him to account for the past 3 years have every right to.
And moreso this season than any season. Past seasons we could say that it's the players have let him down.
But this season Simmo has refused to deal with the players letting the team down, he has now OKd that culture and has not dealt with some very obvious problems.
And it's not like these players are gut running and putting in effort but happen to be off their game - they are just not giving effort and Simmo is allowing them to do so.

I've never thrown this out there - but now that the season is over can confirm that all is not well inside the club atm (nor should it be really).
I wont say anymore than that but here's hoping they can clear the bad air post season and not let it carry on into 2022.

Simmo will get a chance next year, but if they dish up what they have in the 2nd half this season he will get moved on at seasons end. Needs to transform our gameplan and make us competitive

Crap end but the team showed a lot for a fair part of the game. At least we saw some guts.

The club just needs to do an absolute teardown to stop the ridiculous runs of goals we concede. It has been a consistent issue all season, even when we were very competitive early on (starting with the Saints disaster). Whatever it is - coaching, sports psych, leadership - they need to flush it out.

I don't think things are as bad as they seem. It's time to start using some good picks for sure, but the ingredients are still there for a good team.

Revamp the gameplan, re-hire a tackling/grappling coach, select players who actually fit/compliment the gameplan on merit, get some yoof in to reinvigorate the team and we are looking ok.

We had no Kennedy, no Allen and Darling on one leg. We just couldn't create enough good contests to get the ball to ground

today proved that watermanis not a key forward, snd not fit enough for half gorward
Brander is not a midfielder
If we have to build a midfield around sheed we are stuffed. Pansy
Vardy, hutchings good servants but need to go
Simpson is on borrowed time. That first quarter was abysmal. Everytime we leave rich unmanned and he destroys us
Needs to be a complete overhaul of strength snd conditioning. We must be nearly the least fit team, and relied on picking unfit players. Tackle like fairies at a tea party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back