emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
The Worst Week of My Life, which starred Ben Miller and Sarah Alexander and which aired for two series and a three part Christmas special in the mid 2000s was a hilarious but under-rated comedy, and which sadly seems to have been forgotten in the years since.

The Worst Week of My Life, which starred Ben Miller and Sarah Alexander and which aired for two series and a three part Christmas special in the mid 2000s was a hilarious but under-rated comedy, and which sadly seems to have been forgotten in the years since.
yeah that was really good, in an awful cringe sort of way. everything that could go wrong did.

Sarah Alexander from Smack the Pony - mostly female comedians, very funny.

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
yeah that was really good, in an awful cringe sort of way. everything that could go wrong did.

Sarah Alexander from Smack the Pony - mostly female comedians, very funny.

I used to love the scenes where Sarah Alexander's character Mel would get angry at her bumbling husband Howard (Ben Miller) whenever something bizarre went wrong, such as him turning up naked except for a plastic bag at her parents' house at Christmas after a series of debacles at the office Christmas party led to Howard losing his clothes.

I thought that Geoffrey Whitehead who played Mel's father and Howard's father-in-law Dick was magnificent in the role, playing it so humorless as Howard (who only had the best intentions) stressed, exasperated and angered him at every turn.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Peep Show is the greatest British comedy show of all time.

They even have a guide to self isolation.

Armstrong and Miller were a great British comedy duo.

Mitchell and Webb were better though.

And Smith and Jones were the original great British comedy duo (I only go back to the 80s)

Peep Show is the greatest British comedy show of all time.

They even have a guide to self isolation.

Armstrong and Miller were a great British comedy duo.

Mitchell and Webb were better though.

And Smith and Jones were the original great British comedy duo (I only go back to the 80s)

Smith and Jones with Rowan Atkinson and Pam Stephenson ..Not The Nine O’Clock News was terrific

This is worth a look, from a few years back.

Of course there are the old staples like Fawlty Towers, Ripping Yarns, Monty Python.

I used to love Armstrong and Miller. Great call!

Seasons 3 and 4 of Blackadder are still superb today.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Peep Show is my favourite as well.

Outside of that I also love The Office, Blackadder, The Inbetweeners, & Fresh Meat.

I've also been watching a lot of Would I Lie To You lately. David Mitchell is so good.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I'm a fan of The League of Gentlemen too, along with The Mighty Boosh, The Office and Extras.

Including Peep Show that would be my top 5 British comedies of the past 20 odd years.

Peep Show is my favourite as well.

Outside of that I also love The Office, Blackadder, The Inbetweeners, & Fresh Meat.

I've also been watching a lot of Would I Lie To You lately. David Mitchell is so good.

Lee Mack is great in that show too, him and David Mitchell make it worth watching.

Hale & Pace?

Always thought of them as a poor man's Smith and Jones, they had their moments though.

Porridge. Minder. Dads Army.
Two Ronnie's, Benny Hill, Dick Emery...my dad used to watch those!

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

Black Books, I rewatch these every couple of years. The one with the Little Book of Calm is a cracker...as is the house sitting one where Manny and Bernard sample the wine...

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

Back