British Open 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong
Alright Guv? Here's a short guide to the 146th BO for you Geezers. Note, I have NFI what I'm doing, just read some articles and interviews and picked out the interesting bits just for an interest. Coverage from 3.30pm on Fox, there's a preview show from 3pm.

*Recent History: Five out of the last six winners of the BO have played in the Scottish Open as a lead in.

*Age: Late 30s/Early 40s have won six of the last 7 BO's.

*2008 was the last time the BO was at this course, it was won by Padraig Harrington.

*Conditions will be wet and windy, which suits the Irish and English. Duh.

So where does that leave us? Well, it leaves heaps...So, lets stick to the Poms, Scots and Irish who finished top 10 in the Scottish Open aged between 36 and 45. That gives us Padraig Harrington @61 (Crownbet) and Ian Poulter @67. Interestingly, those two ran 1-2 the last time the tournament was played here in 2008, so they will be the main play.

Next best was Richard Bland who tied for 19th @401 and Ross Fisher tied for 35th @101. Paul Casey was tied for 7th that year, he also 'maps well' here. He didn't play in the Scottish Open but was only 3 shots off Jordan Spieth in a recent tournament, who is the fav here.

Outright/Top 5/1st Rnd Leader
Padraig Harrington @61/13/61
Ian Poulter @67/14/67
Richard Bland @401/67/201
Ross Fisher @101/21/67
Paul Casey @34/8/41

Good Luck, you'll need it!

Tabtouch offer is finish within 3 of the winner, cash refund up to $50. Looked for a price close to the betfair and came up with Rickie Fowler at 17s. Something to cheer for the next 4 days

Tabtouch offer is finish within 3 of the winner, cash refund up to $50. Looked for a price close to the betfair and came up with Rickie Fowler at 17s. Something to cheer for the next 4 days

Palmer has money back in bonus bet if you finish 2nd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright Guv? Here's a short guide to the 146th BO for you Geezers. Note, I have NFI what I'm doing, just read some articles and interviews and picked out the interesting bits just for an interest. Coverage from 3.30pm on Fox, there's a preview show from 3pm.

*Recent History: Five out of the last six winners of the BO have played in the Scottish Open as a lead in.

*Age: Late 30s/Early 40s have won six of the last 7 BO's.

*2008 was the last time the BO was at this course, it was won by Padraig Harrington.

*Conditions will be wet and windy, which suits the Irish and English. Duh.

So where does that leave us? Well, it leaves heaps...So, lets stick to the Poms, Scots and Irish who finished top 10 in the Scottish Open aged between 36 and 45. That gives us Padraig Harrington @61 (Crownbet) and Ian Poulter @67. Interestingly, those two ran 1-2 the last time the tournament was played here in 2008, so they will be the main play.

Next best was Richard Bland who tied for 19th @401 and Ross Fisher tied for 35th @101. Paul Casey was tied for 7th that year, he also 'maps well' here. He didn't play in the Scottish Open but was only 3 shots off Jordan Spieth in a recent tournament, who is the fav here.

Outright/Top 5/1st Rnd Leader
Padraig Harrington @61/13/61
Ian Poulter @67/14/67
Richard Bland @401/67/201
Ross Fisher @101/21/67
Paul Casey @34/8/41

Good Luck, you'll need it!
Bland and Poulter at a price doing well for you. Love that $67 Bland top 5

Grace with a 62. First time in a major. :eek: The big boys are still to come in perfect conditions. The way Spieth is going he might give it a crack too. More coffee required. My man Bland Has already dropped a shot on the first, flog. And Poulter is up in 10 mins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back