British Sky cycling team in strife

Remove this Banner Ad

This is old news - The irony is British politicians aided and abetted this deception with their lack of rigour and reporting systems towards British Cycling - of course Politician's were cheerleaders while athletes were winning medals/championships, then backpedal at a million miles per hour when their is a whiff of a scandal - Colour me cynical.

Would have thought former track cyclists dropping the worlds best climbers on the French mountains would have raised some concerns

Sky may need to look at other ways to "maximize" Salbutamol intake in the future, if the allowed intake is reduced.

Interesting comment at the end around offer of WADA assistance being declined by UCI and not being "in control of the process".
That's indicating that they may have had some info/interpretation to bring to bear but weren't allowed to.

So decided not to take to CAS, but instead look to go after the current minimum allowed.

Dodged this bullet, may need a better defense in the future.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jul/13/chris-froome-wada-permitted-level-salbutamol-cut

I am actually happy that Froome challenged and won his case - I've never been happy with allowed substances being subject to threshold issues - Substances are either banned or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back