Unsolved Britt Lapthorne Update

Remove this Banner Ad

I found an update to the Britt Lapthorne case from October 2012 that I thought I'd share.

Croatian police have pledged to continue the hunt for the killer of a Melbourne backpacker, murdered four years ago after a night out.

Britt Lapthorne was reported missing on September 18, 2008 after leaving the Fuego nightclub in Dubrovnik’s old quarter and her body was found at sea three weeks later.

On the fourth anniversary of her being found this week, Croatian police said the case remained active although no new leads had been found.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...apthornes-killer/story-fnat7jnn-1226497403454

Allegations that the investigation rorted with corruption and it was also claimed at one stage that one of the alleged killers is related to a Dubrovnik Police Officer.

The case is still unsolved however it appears that the case is treated as a "murder" and not a suicide as they tried to force on the autopsy report. I hope that there is eventually some justice for Britt's family.

Despite the dodgy investigation I always thought it still likely this was a sad accident. Not suicide as much as she went wondering around the beach or slipped off that rock trying to be funny while drunk or something.

The family want someone to blame and the Croatian Authorities provided by providing a pretty poor investigation. But you have to say a young tourist drinking, accidents happen here with tourists all the time and Australians in other part's of the world too. This still has a chance of death by misadventure.

Did they ever determine cause of death? Sad but cant see this one ever being solved.

Undetermined on the autopsy report.

Security footage from the venue was mysteriously wiped and by coincidence the front security camera was not working either and had no recorded security footage

Allegations that the investigation rorted with corruption and it was also claimed at one stage that one of the alleged killers is related to a Dubrovnik Police Officer.

The case is still unsolved however it appears that the case is treated as a "murder" and not a suicide as they tried to force on the autopsy report. I hope that there is eventually some justice for Britt's family.

I thought they concluded it was an accidental death???

And yeah I remember watching an episode of Sunday night, was creepy as- Australian women telling of stories of attempted abductions in that same area Britt was.. well who knows, and we probably will never know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back