Brittain must go

Remove this Banner Ad

Carl

All Australian
Dec 26, 2000
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Brittain must go.Yeah the players are playing bad but i don't rate Brittain as a coach.He is not a motivator and can't lift the players against the weaker teams.Just have a look at last year when we lost to Melbourne,it cost us a top 4 spot and pretty much a grand final game.All because Brittain couldn't get the players to lift.His tactics are crap.We haven't even scored 100 points in 2 games.This is going to be a long year.

you've had him at the helm for 1 year.....and last year was pretty reasonable....this year he's got nothing to work with and i think it's a bit harsh to take him out so soon....it'll just put your club into serious disarray

Carlton have a long record of ruthlessly removing coaches who don't come up to scratch. It's a harsh policy but they have an excellent record so it must work.

My "inside source" (her boyfriends distant relo eats at the same tuckshop as a fellow who trained at Princes Park in 1972) tells me that Brittain is on the edge now, and one or two more losses will see him axed on the spot.

I just wonder how Elliott will fare.

hmmmm i also get the impression that you are getting a bit sick and tired of old elliot and that he's getting a bit senile...i reckon you should replace him too, it'd be good as a new outlook for your club and a new direction....unfortunately for us kangas, we don't have the financial backing to help us....

Originally posted by Carl
He is not a motivator and can't lift the players

Thats where your wrong.
Brittain is one of the greatest motivators i have ever heard. Did you see the way he handled the media yesterday before training? He spoke pretty well, you definately wouldnt have thought his job was on the line....which it isnt anyway, after 2 rounds....ridiculous, the media suck!

Re: Re: Brittain must go

Originally posted by PiesPremiers3

Thats where your wrong.
Brittain is one of the greatest motivators i have ever heard. Did you see the way he handled the media yesterday before training? He spoke pretty well, you definately wouldnt have thought his job was on the line....which it isnt anyway, after 2 rounds....ridiculous, the media suck!

Britain is a great motivator, and we still have to give him a chance. personalkly, i like Brittain and hope he can turn the tables soon... but if he doesn't starrt performing, then it's time we rethink the situation...

Wayne...

You all must remember that Brittian was the match day coach of 2000. Had a crappy start to the season, then won 13 in a row... before choking against Melbourne and ultimately losing to Essendon. Parkin stepped back in 2000, and didn't have a big impact. That was all Brittian. I am very confident about him, and I reckon he'll be a fantastic coach in years to come, he's starting to look at young players, and giving them a shot. Parko was more strict in that area.

I think some people have been a bit too hard on Britts. We made the finals last year with him so it isn't his fault we're playing so badly. Let's just all hope we get a win against Collingwood so we're not stuck on the bottom of the ladder for much longer!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back