Phantom Draft briztoons Phantom Draft V1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ned Long, Connor MacDonald, Jye Amiss, Sam Banks or Toby Conway either of them im liking, but this is your phantom draft and if Sonsie slides that far i guess we get a bargain and if Howes shows some better form he might be good too? 😊
Amiss and Banks I can see.

Are you looking at Long or MacDonald as big bodied mids?

I figured the one thing you don’t currently need is an inside mid like MacDonald.

Figured Howes has a point of difference, compared as a tall wing or athletic medium forward.

Amiss and Banks I can see.

Are you looking at Long or MacDonald as big bodied mids?

I figured the one thing you don’t currently need is an inside mid like MacDonald.

Figured Howes has a point of difference, compared as a tall wing or athletic medium forward.
I think we need depth in the midfield, outside mid, ruck and inside mid, its our weakest area and this draft being a midfielder draft is a good opportunity to strengthen our weakest area.

Would have to be a live trade on the night. If it got us Goater or Sinn, and a second round pick, I would make the trade.

Would the Brisbane recruiters, don’t know.

Only once Goater and Erasmus are off the board would I be doing the deal - 2nd included. We might still need to put a bit more on the table though... bit worried about you guys after tonights game

Only once Goater and Erasmus are off the board would I be doing the deal - 2nd included. We might still need to put a bit more on the table though... bit worried about you guys after tonights game
So are a lot of Lions fans.

I wouldn’t be making such a trade if those specific players are already off the board.

Well I'm always vocal in other peoples threads, and have never put myself out there before. I'm definitely not an expert here, despite how active I am. Anyway, here's my first Phantom Draft. I'll possibly do another after the U19 Championships and definitely do another after the trade period, when the draft order is more set.

There were a few spots and teams where I had a little difficulty slotting players in.

The first was Essendon at pick 10. I really wanted to select Rachelle here, but went with a tall inside mid. Richmond's second selection was another tricky pick, Rachelle or Wilmot.

I've highlighted the players who have been bid on and matched.

1. Collingwood: Nick Daicos
2. North Melbourne: Jason Horne
3. Hawthorn: Finn Callaghan
4. Western Bulldogs: Sam Darcy
5. Adelaide: Josh Goater
6. GWS Giants: Josh Gibcus
7. Gold Coast: Josh Sinn
8. Carlton: Ben Hobbs
9. Richmond: Matt Roberts
10: Essendon: Matt Johnson
11. GWS Giants: Campbell Chesser
12. St Kilda: Josh Ward
13. West Coast: Neil Erasmus
14. Fremantle: Jacob Van Rooyen
15. GWS Giants: Josh Fahey
16. Sydney: Josh Rachelle
17. Port Adelaide: Arlo Draper
18. Brisbane: Jack Williams
19. Richmond: Darcy Wilmot
20. Brisbane: Joshua Browne

21. Gold Coast: Rhett Bazzo

22. North Melbourne: Judson Clarke
23. Melbourne: Mac Andrew
24. Hawthorne: Tyler Sonsie
25. Adelaide: Cooper Murley
26. Hawthorne: Blake Howes
27. Gold Coast: Joe Amiss
28. Carlton: Sam Butler
29. Richmond: Ned Long
30. Geelong: Connor Macdonald
31. Geelong: Zac Taylor
32. Richmond: Lachlan Rankin
33. West Coast: Corey Warner
34. Fremantle: Judd McVee
35. Sydney: Tom Brown
36. West Coast: Sam Banks
37. Collingwood: Youseph Dib
38: Port Adelaide: Jason Burgoyne
41. Geelong: Sam Breuer
42. Adelaide: Lewis Rayson
Gotta say I like this outcome for West Coast.
Erasmus who can play mid/fwd
Warner inside and outside mid
Banks outside mid.

We need mids, so having this variety is good.
If Justin Davies was there with our next pick, it would be complete.

Well I'm always vocal in other peoples threads, and have never put myself out there before. I'm definitely not an expert here, despite how active I am. Anyway, here's my first Phantom Draft. I'll possibly do another after the U19 Championships and definitely do another after the trade period, when the draft order is more set.

There were a few spots and teams where I had a little difficulty slotting players in.

The first was Essendon at pick 10. I really wanted to select Rachelle here, but went with a tall inside mid. Richmond's second selection was another tricky pick, Rachelle or Wilmot.

I've highlighted the players who have been bid on and matched.

1. Collingwood: Nick Daicos
2. North Melbourne: Jason Horne
3. Hawthorn: Finn Callaghan
4. Western Bulldogs: Sam Darcy
5. Adelaide: Josh Goater
6. GWS Giants: Josh Gibcus
7. Gold Coast: Josh Sinn
8. Carlton: Ben Hobbs
9. Richmond: Matt Roberts
10: Essendon: Matt Johnson
11. GWS Giants: Campbell Chesser
12. St Kilda: Josh Ward
13. West Coast: Neil Erasmus
14. Fremantle: Jacob Van Rooyen
15. GWS Giants: Josh Fahey
16. Sydney: Josh Rachelle
17. Port Adelaide: Arlo Draper
18. Brisbane: Jack Williams
19. Richmond: Darcy Wilmot
20. Brisbane: Joshua Browne

21. Gold Coast: Rhett Bazzo

22. North Melbourne: Judson Clarke
23. Melbourne: Mac Andrew
24. Hawthorne: Tyler Sonsie
25. Adelaide: Cooper Murley
26. Hawthorne: Blake Howes
27. Gold Coast: Joe Amiss
28. Carlton: Sam Butler
29. Richmond: Ned Long
30. Geelong: Connor Macdonald
31. Geelong: Zac Taylor
32. Richmond: Lachlan Rankin
33. West Coast: Corey Warner
34. Fremantle: Judd McVee
35. Sydney: Tom Brown
36. West Coast: Sam Banks
37. Collingwood: Youseph Dib
38: Port Adelaide: Jason Burgoyne
41. Geelong: Sam Breuer
42. Adelaide: Lewis Rayson

Would you blokes consider a swap, say Pick ~17 for our 2022 R2 + 38?

Think you need points for next season.

Would you blokes consider a swap, say Pick ~17 for our 2022 R2 + 38?

Think you need points for next season.
No.

That is my polite answer.

We currently have every one of our picks in next year’s draft. Points aren’t an issue at this stage. Points won’t be an issue when teams want to trade for our future first either.

Ned Long, Connor MacDonald, Jye Amiss, Sam Banks or Toby Conway either of them im liking, but this is your phantom draft and if Sonsie slides that far i guess we get a bargain and if Howes shows some better form he might be good too? 😊
You wouldnt pass up Connor Macdonald.

I'd be upset if Carlton went for an inside midfielder with our first pick.

Cripps, Dow, Kennedy, Setterfield, Walsh, SPS ... I mean I think we will lose one of those guys but we have played a couple out of position because our outside midfielder stocks are low. We play Newnes and Cottrell there most weeks. Most underwhelming.

A balanced mid with pace will be ideal, or a tall defender.

Cripps, Dow, Kennedy, Setterfield, Walsh, SPS ... I mean I think we will lose one of those guys but we have played a couple out of position because our outside midfielder stocks are low. We play Newnes and Cottrell there most weeks. Most underwhelming.

Don’t worry, my next Phantom draft will look different.

SPS should be that balanced mid slash wing type, sort of playing a similar role to McCluggage does for us. Walsh on the other wing, and rotating on ball.

Dow should offer that pace and burst from the midfield.

Cripps keeps doing Cripps things for you hopefully.

I don’t rate Kennedy or Setterfield as high, but they’re good depth.

Unless you drop below Gold Coast, I doubt Gibcus gets to you.

So unless Erasmus or Goater are still on board at your first pick, I believe the best option is an inside mid to first support, and then take over from Cripps.

Johnson should be the other player in the mix for you.

Don’t worry, my next Phantom draft will look different.

SPS should be that balanced mid slash wing type, sort of playing a similar role to McCluggage does for us. Walsh on the other wing, and rotating on ball.

Dow should offer that pace and burst from the midfield.

Cripps keeps doing Cripps things for you hopefully.

I don’t rate Kennedy or Setterfield as high, but they’re good depth.

Unless you drop below Gold Coast, I doubt Gibcus gets to you.

So unless Erasmus or Goater are still on board at your first pick, I believe the best option is an inside mid to first support, and then take over from Cripps.

Johnson should be the other player in the mix for you.

We also have Jack Carroll.

Dow is a clearance player and has to be at the coalface because that's really all he does.

If we can get a balanced mid with pace and reasonable efficiency, I'd be jumping at it.

The problem with SPS going outside is that he's slow. I think he may try to get home to WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also have Jack Carroll.

Dow is a clearance player and has to be at the coalface because that's really all he does.

If we can get a balanced mid with pace and reasonable efficiency, I'd be jumping at it.

The problem with SPS going outside is that he's slow. I think he may try to get home to WA.

On Carroll, are he, Ramsay and Durdin any chances for debuts?

On Carroll, are he, Ramsay and Durdin any chances for debuts?

Who knows with this club? Not this week obviously, but Carroll and Ramsay have shown enough to get a run. Ramsay has been travelling emergency but not given a go. Durdin has not had a decent run of games due to minor niggles.

I agree, Carlton need a balanced mid with excellent endurance and work rate not an inside midfielder. Newnes and cottrell need to go. They get a game because we lack runners. We’ve recruited too many players with average to poor endurance. We need a draftee who’s running capacity means he will provide some run with ball in hand but also be able to apply pressure to the ball carrier when without it.

Sps can’t play wing, actually not sure where he can play the way he’s going.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back