bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Im reading more and more that Brock is seriously thinking about a comeback to MMA.

Now say he comes back to the UFC, How far can he go in the HW division today ?

Cant beat Cain, Cant beat JDS, Don't think he can beat Werdum.
Then there is the improved mma skills of Bigfoot, Browne and Hunt.
Would have luck against Overeem and Miocic imo.

That leaves him a fight outside the top 5 or at best the top 3 or 4.

BF....Discuss :)

I hope he stays away to be honest. He's nearing 40 and I haven't heard about him keeping up with MMA training since he's been away (could easily have missed news on this though). He did great things in and for the sport, but I think he was right to hang them up when he did.

If he did make a comeback and hasn't lost much since we last saw him, I could see him beating a guy like Bigfoot with GnP. Pretty much everyone else you mentioned I think would start favourite against hin though.

If he comes back they could get at least 2 decent PPVs out of him. The logical first fight would be the trilogy with Mir, he should win that pretty easily, then maybe he takes on Barnett? If he could beat Barnett then things might get tougher against a Travis Browne or something, maybe a rematch with Overeem somewhere as well? I think he could beat Overeem, he didn't have a great gameplan in their previous fight.

Believe it or not he was not at 100% while at the UFC he has kept up with the training and believes he is at peak. I think its something he just wants to do if they sign him be good for the UFC dollar wise. ID like to see him line up against a top 5 and just see where it goes. Right now the division needs something anything

Yep sorry I stand corrected was meant to say Rampage as I read it this morning.
Was reading about Brock losing weight for possible UFC return once his WWE contract expired, and when they said there was a major announcement I had him in my head
In other words to me, Rampage is not a Major announcement ha ha

My Bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt Soa gets that fight as he's nowhere near high profile enough. Arlovski is legit... former heavyweight champ, on a nice run (something like 8 wins in 9 fights) and coming off a huge KO of Bigfoot. The only thing that's stopped him from being one of the best heavyweights of all time is his chin.

The only other guy I can see him being matched with in his first fight back would be the Mir/Bigfoot winner.

There are some winnable fights if he were to return. I think most of the big name fights they could put together would have him get beat up badly though.

Is there anyone who has fought in the UFC that reacts anywhere near as badly as Brock when they get hit? I can't judge him as I'd be scaling the cage if I was in there with the guys he was, but I can't think of anyone else.

There are some winnable fights if he were to return. I think most of the big name fights they could put together would have him get beat up badly though.

Is there anyone who has fought in the UFC that reacts anywhere near as badly as Brock when they get hit? I can't judge him as I'd be scaling the cage if I was in there with the guys he was, but I can't think of anyone else.

Brock doesn't seem to enjoy getting hit very much but he does have a good chin, how he lasted that first round against Carwin I'll never know.

Schaub said over night that he would send Brock "back to WWE" if they met in the cage.

Seems that the brain damage that Joe Rogan was worried about has already set in.

Schaub would be chasing butterflies again if that fight ever happened.

b4.gif

I'd love to see him back. He's entertaining at the very least. Athletism can't be matched but matching him with an elite striker seems like a death wish. But who knows the whole never fighting at 100% thing could be true and if he can be 100% then who knows what he can do.

Wouldn't have a hope against Cain, JDS or Reem though. Not sure about Werdum is like to see him against Cain first. But still it may be too late for him and too late for Dana to strategically get him back in the title picture.

I'd love to see a trade between the UFC and WWE. CM Punk for Brock Lesnar :)

I'd love to see him back. He's entertaining at the very least. Athletism can't be matched but matching him with an elite striker seems like a death wish. But who knows the whole never fighting at 100% thing could be true and if he can be 100% then who knows what he can do.

Wouldn't have a hope against Cain, JDS or Reem though. Not sure about Werdum is like to see him against Cain first. But still it may be too late for him and too late for Dana to strategically get him back in the title picture.

I'd love to see a trade between the UFC and WWE. CM Punk for Brock Lesnar :)

I think he'd have a better chance against Overeem than Werdum, Werdum would wreck his s**t. Browne would be interesting, and Barnett might be a well matched fight as well.

I think he'd have a better chance against Overeem than Werdum, Werdum would wreck his s**t. Browne would be interesting, and Barnett might be a well matched fight as well.
Fair call I just think Reems standup (offense)and strength could counter brock better. One landed punch from Brock would be goodnight though. Overeems glass chin and arrogance put a maybe on all of his fights. Werdum seems to be in career best form so Lesnar would want to avoid him until he's had some tuneup fights.

Agreed, Werdum is arguably the worst matchup for Brock due to his ability off his back and his improved striking. Brock would be looking for a way out very early in that fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back