Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfc4life

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
He should never be allowed to play another game for Carlton.

Too slow, no heart whatsoever. Biggest trading blunder in our history.:mad:

Sure he's been horrible, but he gets treated way more harshly than others of the same performance. Where was the roast thread for Curnow ever since he came back from injury. Was absolutely useless every game until they finally dropped him.

He should never be allowed to play another game for Carlton.

Too slow, no heart whatsoever. Biggest trading blunder in our history.:mad:
Cain Ackland?

Hasn't the slagging of Brock McLean already been done to death here? We all know he's the latest whipping boy of this esteemed forum for what it's worth....

Craig davenport board.
Glad he came in. Give him a few weeks straight and he will repay. Long term may not be worth another contract but give him his chance. He has earnt it

Made a few blues ..but worked his way into the game ...it's a big step up to the pace of the AFL from the VFL .

I'm not gonna write him off just yet .

I see we have a lot of Facebook supporters on here .

Cain Ackland?

Hasn't the slagging of Brock McLean already been done to death here? We all know he's the latest whipping boy of this esteemed forum for what it's worth....
at the time our ruck stocks were horrible and Ackland was a gamble to fill that-didn't work OK
Brock could have/may provide a specific position in the team.-it hasn't worked and he must be running out of lives but there is still hope. It was a risk bringing in Hoops and Brock : 2blokes that just do not do all the grunt work we need. But it is a good time to try these players to see if they are capable.

Craig davenport board.
Glad he came in. Give him a few weeks straight and he will repay. Long term may not be worth another contract but give him his chance. He has earnt it

The problem is I think he is too slow for the pace the club plays at. Much like Houlihan - we know they both have skills, but they lack the speed. We have built a team of decent tall timber, and speedy everything else. You look at the games we've won well this year, and they've all been due to nippy blokes and judd. maclean is not judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is I think he is too slow for the pace the club plays at. Much like Houlihan - we know they both have skills, but they lack the speed. We have built a team of decent tall timber, and speedy everything else. You look at the games we've won well this year, and they've all been due to nippy blokes and judd. maclean is not judd.

speedy types are all well and good ..but football is a game of many parts ..and grunt players are also vital to a side ..Robbo doesn't have a lot of pace ..but he more than makes up for it in other areas.

The grunt players make the speedy players look speedier

Servicable tonight will get another chance next week and so he should worked into the game but tackling needs work because thats what we do this year at carlton

at the time our ruck stocks were horrible and Ackland was a gamble to fill that-didn't work OK
It was only a suggestion based on the level of vitriol spewed at the bloke by many on this forum.

Doubled the output of the guy he replaced on curnow. I won't write him off. Served his time in the bullants with grace and dignity. Knows his role at the club and will do his damnest in the track and in game time to keep his place. Hats off to him I say

I was fighting off the people saying he should have been kept in instead of bringing Curnow back, but I'm more than happy to say that Brock deserves a couple more games and a bit of slack, Curnow was in terrible form for a few good weeks before he got dropped.

We are heading back to the bad old days where posters called players spuds, duds, spazz, disgraces etc etc. We bought in a quality posting rule whereby we said it was okay to be critical of a player, so long as it was constructive in that articulate the exact deficiencies you are being critical about.

Some will scream freedom of speech and so forth, as per usual, but we are not going to go back to that again.

McLean too slow, make a specific mistake that you didn't like, doesn't kick far enough etc etc .... all good. McLean is a bum, a spud, disgrace to the jumper etc etc ... not happening.

Players do read BigFooty and this board does have a relationship with the club, so a little bit of maturity and consideration in how you articulate your criticism is desirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back