Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said Darcy Moore was a done deal to the Swans at this time last year. Despite his closeness to Eddie, his info is actually pretty bad as a general rule.

Have to listen to what he says.

What he said last night about Brodie sounded like he was Guessing/Making up the Story

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Tom Browne now running the story on Talking Footy that Grundy holding off contract negotiations... with Crows likely to offer him 1mill+ a season.

The longer he remains unsigned the speculation on this is going to get Lynch like.

These two stories are what 11 days apart? The bloke literally has no idea positive or negative for us. He’s throwing darts.

FWIW given he’s got 18 months to run on his current contract putting off contract talks is as meaningful as a fart in the breeze.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
These two stories are what 11 days apart? The bloke literally has no idea positive or negative for us. He’s throwing darts.

FWIW given he’s got 18 months to run on his current contract putting off contract talks is as meaningful as a fart in the breeze.

He might have no idea but he and others know how to take a rumour and create speculation. Speculation is what the sports media runs on... so I expect this story to gain legs as the year rolls on. Be prepared for it to ridiculously snowball

Spot On.

Browne has NO idea at all.

Just Clickbait

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
He might have no idea but he and others know how to take a rumour and create speculation. Speculation is what the sports media runs on... so I expect this story to gain legs as the year rolls on. Be prepared for it to ridiculously snowball

In his contract year I’d be inclined to agree this year, no. Him delaying contract talks now is not speculation it’s clickbait.

If I were his manager I’d be opening a dialogue, but ostensibly putting things on hold until post 2019. The only point that this becomes a story is when we’ve won the flag and Adelaide has a top 3 pick with him not re-contracted.

We aren’t GC with May all parties involved are too professional to allow tip rats like Browne to turn this into something it isn’t!

If I were his manager I’d be opening a dialogue, but ostensibly putting things on hold until post 2019. The only point that this becomes a story is when we’ve won the flag and Adelaide has a top 3 pick with him not re-contracted.
I don't think he will increase in value from here. He and Cripps should be the most valuable blokes in footy. I'd be telling hin to sign him up now for a long term deal that financially sets up up for life. Takes out the risk associated with anything negative happening before next year.

Spot on. Can't see him leaving, but god i hope he stays.

We might have to employ Tim Broomhead as a mascot if we're ever tempted to delist him, and there's a rumour that Brodes is demanding more hugs, but otherwise I feel good that Grundy is where he belongs.

We might have to employ Tim Broomhead as a mascot if we're ever tempted to delist him, and there's a rumour that Brodes is demanding more hugs, but otherwise I feel good that Grundy is where he belongs.
He doesn't come across as hugely money motivated. Where ever he plays, he'll financially set himself up for life. So if he's as happy at the Pies as he seems, I think theres next to no chance he leaves.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hard to see a successful team having multiple $1m players. No cash for depth. St Kilda 2009-11 showed that you can have your 5-6 superstars but they can’t make up for the last 6 players in your 22 that can cost you games.

Hopefully North blew their cash on Polec and can’t artificially inflate salaries.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our salary cap is already stretched to absolute max, it's not that simple.
Grundy, JDG are $1M + per season players and can't see them signing for anything less TBH. Pies will obviously structure their payments so we don't have any collateral damage.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy, JDG are $1M + per season players and can't see them signing for anything less TBH. Pies will obviously structure their payments so we don't have any collateral damage.

It's just not possible to keep signing players on big contracts without any collateral damage. Every good team in recent history has players leaving.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's just not possible to keep signing players on big contracts without any collateral damage. Every good team in recent history has players leaving.
With a number of retirements on the horizon over the next 2 years , hopefully we can keep everyone we want to keep.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
We’d need Grundy to be 900k a year because De Goey is going to be 900k, Moore 700k, Treloar 800k. All of sudden you are getting low on cash, even with retirements of Pendles and Beams in 3yrs.

We’d need Grundy to be 900k a year because De Goey is going to be 900k, Moore 700k, Treloar 800k. All of sudden you are getting low on cash, even with retirements of Pendles and Beams in 3yrs.

Well might Squeeze some Mid Level Talent out then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back