Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grundy has played a lot of good games for us however I can't help but remember the 2018 granny and 19 prelim when he was either towelled up or ineffective.

Well they put a lot of Time into Stopping Grundy as You Stop him goes a long way for Beating Us.

Maybe teams are Figuring out how to Limit his Influence on Games

Well they put a lot of Time into Stopping Grundy as You Stop him goes a long way for Beating Us.

Maybe teams are Figuring out how to Limit his Influence on Games

That's what worries me about the 7 years, it's not Grundy it's the length of the contract, imagine if his next few years are as bad as this year

That's what worries me about the 7 years, it's not Grundy it's the length of the contract, imagine if his next few years are as bad as this year
Why don't we actually wait and see if they are, rather than anointing it a bad contract before the fact

Yeah be s**t if his next few years we were stuck with one of the top few rucks in the league. Oh boy, how could we handle that.
We’re lucky the best young ruckman in the comp is locked away as a Pie and we can concentrate on other areas moving forward.

Regardless of what we think his value is
He certainly has to improve on his performances since this contract was signed

He's moved far to easily at boundary throw ins and pushed under the ball
In fact he was more physical early in his carear
He's been worked out with his follow up taps to advantage
He needs to physically impose himself

Needs to be smarter and not tap to poor defensive positions like the Dixon one last Game

Needs to get the stat padding out of his Game

Let's hope he can adjust

Last edited:
Grundy has look slow and at time cumbersome - most probably playing injured this season and we wont know the full extend until the season is done. Still a lot to look forward to as he comes into his prime.

Signing up for 7 years and big dollars creates higher expectations (rightly so) amongst the support base. This year has been below par as per the Champion data stats which I think is pretty fair reflection of how his season played out.

It still grinds my gears we have Witts away for not much.

1601339808001.png

Grundy has look slow and at time cumbersome - most probably playing injured this season and we wont know the full extend until the season is done. Still a lot to look forward to as he comes into his prime.

Signing up for 7 years and big dollars creates higher expectations (rightly so) amongst the support base. This year has been below par as per the Champion data stats which I think is pretty fair reflection of how his season played out.

View attachment 973051

I don't care what Champion Data says---but there's no way Ryder, Witts, Lycett, Pittonet and ROB had better seasons than Grundy.

Grundy even playing hurt has been better than the names mentioned above.

This year has been below par as per the Champion data stats which I think is pretty fair reflection of how his season played out.

View attachment 973051

Champion Data are talking out of their arse now.
Their “rankings” are just their SuperCoach points right? That’s always been the case previously. Well they scored Grundy higher than any other ruckman and only behind Gawn in averages this year.

Hell, they had Grundy ranked as the 6th highest player overall this year. So what is this list supposed to be based on?

View attachment 973051

Take Champion Data with a Grain of Salt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care what Champion Data says---but there's no way Ryder, Witts, Lycett, Pittonet and ROB had better seasons than Grundy.

Grundy even playing hurt has been better than the names mentioned above.

We can debate the numbers as to whether they are accurate for sure - but I have no issue saying Grundy this season is well below his best. Out of the list you mention above I reckon both Witts and Ryder have overshadowed Grundy year.

Take Champion Data with a Grain of Salt

Ok sure thing --- no matter what measure you take Grundy has been well below his best. We can see how good he can be (2018), but he is a long way off that form. Most likely injured but plenty of other ruckman had better years.

Lets really hope that for the length of contract and money he is getting we get a better return than what we got this year.

Ok sure thing --- no matter what measure you take Grundy has been well below his best. We can see how good he can be (2018), but he is a long way off that form. Most likely injured but plenty of other ruckman had better years.

Lets really hope that for the length of contract and money he is getting we get a better return than what we got this year.

Well Grundy Been Godly last 2 Seasons so even him playing Descent would not be close to that.

I am sure when he gets back to 100% he playing Better

The concern is how easily his so called dominance can be nullified by oppositions. Grundy has one speed and most teams have worked him out. He apparently had 73 hitouts in last years Prelim against Mummies 14. In the 2018 GF he had 49 against WC. He needs to improve his connection with the mids and convert half of his dominance into clearance advantage. If this is a coaching thing then lets improve our Ruck coaching. If it's our midfield then lets improve the personnel by bringing in another bull. If it's Grundy's inibility to change and adapt then questions need to be asked on why did we offer 7 years. Lets do something because it's embarrassing when people talk about Grundy's dominance of hitouts.

The concern is how easily his so called dominance can be nullified by oppositions. Grundy has one speed and most teams have worked him out. He apparently had 73 hitouts in last years Prelim against Mummies 14. In the 2018 GF he had 49 against WC. He needs to improve his connection with the mids and convert half of his dominance into clearance advantage. If this is a coaching thing then lets improve our Ruck coaching. If it's our midfield then lets improve the personnel by bringing in another bull. If it's Grundy's inibility to change and adapt then questions need to be asked on why did we offer 7 years. Lets do something because it's embarrassing when people talk about Grundy's dominance of hitouts.

and what about our Mids getting Flogged as well. Not just Grundy.

Would help IF we head good Coaches

and what about our Mids getting Flogged as well. Not just Grundy.

Would help IF we head good Coaches

Our lack of clean clearances from stoppages has been evident over 2019 and 2020 so hopefully this is addressed over the off-season.

In the interim, Grundy has to lift a fair bit this weekend if we are any hope of getting within knocking over West Coast.

Our lack of clean clearances from stoppages has been evident over 2019 and 2020 so hopefully this is addressed over the off-season.

In the interim, Grundy has to lift a fair bit this weekend if we are any hope of getting within knocking over West Coast.

Yes he Does and As well our Inside Mids also need too

Why don't we actually wait and see if they are, rather than anointing it a bad contract before the fact
Carts before horses in Bigfooty land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back