Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
A legitimate once in a generation ruckman. Simon Madden called it back years ago after seeing Brodie play only 1 or 2 games.

I’m not sure how we’re gonna keep him but Adelaide are going to throw record money at him. My guess is 1.5 a year over 5 years minimum.

The day he was drafted was my second favourite day on Bigfooty, to only the 2010 Premiership. Everyone on the board knew we’d gotten a star talent, in our area of greatest need, with effectively a second round pick.

The day he was drafted was my second favourite day on Bigfooty, to only the 2010 Premiership. Everyone on the board knew we’d gotten a star talent, in our area of greatest need, with effectively a second round pick.
Change knew to hoped and then you're spot on.

I’ve posted this before, but I saw Grundy in one of his very early games for us, in the VFL, playing Geelong at Kardinia Park. He was sporting that ninja look.

Can’t recall who the opposition ruckman was, but young Brodie was good. The Cats fans around me kept asking: Who IS this guy?

His will to compete and love for the contest were evident right from the beginning. Traits which Witts, who I very much liked and wanted to succeed, seemed to lack. Although Wittsy is no slouch nowadays.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve posted this before, but I saw Grundy in one of his very early games for us, in the VFL, playing Geelong at Kardinia Park. He was sporting that ninja look.

Can’t recall who the opposition ruckman was, but young Brodie was good. The Cats fans around me kept asking: Who IS this guy?

His will to compete and love for the contest were evident right from the beginning. Traits which Witts, who I very much liked and wanted to succeed, seemed to lack. Although Wittsy is no slouch nowadays.
Witts is a really good ruckman.

In the B grade range likely.

Grundy is elite, A +

Witts just would be playing at Victoria Park yesterday. Not his fault but he’d not get games in our side.

Great anecdote when you saw him a few years back.

Here is the Highlights from that Game

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think they should rest him for a game play cox and give lynch a sniff in the ruck..
Reid gets one more game also

We just got pushed to the wire by the 18th placed team on the ladder so which team do you think we could afford to take suck liberties against?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy can rest Round 13.

Then another rest the week after Round 23.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Tom Browne now running the story on Talking Footy that Grundy holding off contract negotiations... with Crows likely to offer him 1mill+ a season.

The longer he remains unsigned the speculation on this is going to get Lynch like.
Doubt many take him seriously after the roastings from Jack and Hodge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back