Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Browne now running the story on Talking Footy that Grundy holding off contract negotiations... with Crows likely to offer him 1mill+ a season.

The longer he remains unsigned the speculation on this is going to get Lynch like.

He does not come out of Contract to next season so I am not shocked at all.

Though Tom has been know to Guess

Concerning, but hopefully its from a manager POV to get what he is worth.

I am 99.9% sure it might be his Manager trying to get big as contract he can possibly get out of Collingwood

I am 99.9% sure it might be his Manager trying to get big as contract he can possibly get out of Collingwood
Probably. It's only May. I can't see him leaving, but because he is the best ruckman in the comp, his manager obviously is like... just put off talks for a bit, and your price will raise..

Probably. It's only May. I can't see him leaving, but because he is the best ruckman in the comp, his manager obviously is like... just put off talks for a bit, and your price will raise..

His Contract ends next year so really it not Super Urgent this Season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His Collingwood info is usually pretty good.
He said Darcy Moore was a done deal to the Swans at this time last year. Despite his closeness to Eddie, his info is actually pretty bad as a general rule.

So this hasn't aged well has it.
Tommy Browne struggles for info. He had Brodie definitively staying with us a few weeks back, now he's revised it... he also had Darce and Langdon to the Swans last year as pretty much done deals...

The source who told me this was a very close personal connection to Brodes, who was pretty adamant. We'll see how it plays out I guess.

Not if he goes end of next year. He's a free agent next year.

Restricted so we could match and force a trade. Personally, doubt he'd have any interest going anywhere else or that he'd push the boundaries on potential salary. He'll stay and for significantly under what he could earn elsewhere.

Restricted so we could match and force a trade. Personally, doubt he'd have any interest going anywhere else or that he'd push the boundaries on potential salary. He'll stay and for significantly under what he could earn elsewhere.
I doubt we'd have the cap space to force a trade.

I doubt we'd have the cap space to force a trade.

I doubt we'd force a trade but salary cap has little to do with it. We'd find the cap space if we wanted to. More that if a player doesn't want to be at the Pies then we don't want them at the Pies.

Salary cap applies to EVERY club.
Someone offers him mega dollars they have to cut their own cream.

He’ll stay until he retires because he loves being here.
He’ll be paid very very very well.

Click bait is all. A journalist will say one day he’ll stay the next he’ll leave etc etc then which way it goes he’ll pull that article out claiming he knew. Pffft. They know nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back