Rumour Brodie Grundy Free Agent 2020

Would you be prepared to part with Pick 1 for Brodie Grundy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's no surprise Grundy does it week after week, given he's played 119 games versus 12 for O'Brien

What I saw tonight was a ruckman that can contribute in the ruck and around the ground to a high level without having to spend top 5 draft picks and millions of dollars
ROB just needs to tidy up his kicking for goal. If he does that he can potentially be a top 5 to ruck in the league.

ROB just needs to tidy up his kicking for goal. If he does that he can potentially be a top 5 to ruck in the league.

Not even. Gawn is a shocking set shot.

Just make what he did against GWS normal and that's it.

If he can play like that every game he becomes a premier ruckman of the competition it’s much easier said than done.

It always is. However something like that is the standard for being a premier ruck. All that game tells you is it is now not out of the realm of probability.

Can anyone sum up the Jay Clark article in the Herald Sun from yesterday?
Article said his contract is going to drag into 2020. Probably nothing in it we don’t know.

I think Grundy for ROB + Keath + 2020 first is a deal that both clubs would do. Especially since we have Doedee to return next year and play the same role as Keath.
Collingwood would expect to finish above us next year with or without Grundy so they would expect our future first would be above the compensation they would get if he left as a free agent, so getting ROB as a replacement and Keath as a bonus makes it a more compelling deal for them.

We would probably need draft picks or players back as steak knives so it's 3 in, 3 out. Getting Grundy's 2 best mates Scharenberg and Broomhead off Collingwood's list would probably be something they try for. Getting them new contracts is also something that would appeal to Grundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Grundy for ROB + Keath + 2020 first is a deal that both clubs would do. Especially since we have Doedee to return next year and play the same role as Keath.
Collingwood would expect to finish above us next year with or without Grundy so they would expect our future first would be above the compensation they would get if he left as a free agent, so getting ROB as a replacement and Keath as a bonus makes it a more compelling deal for them.

We would probably need draft picks or players back as steak knives so it's 3 in, 3 out. Getting Grundy's 2 best mates Scharenberg and Broomhead off Collingwood's list would probably be something they try for. Getting them new contracts is also something that would appeal to Grundy.
Pies will want ROB + Keath and Pick 2

What the hell??? We dont need Grundy that badly and we certainly are not giving Grundy 1.2 mill and giving up O'brien, Keath and pick 2.

You people are crazy.

This is just like Pavlich, Grundy is using the threat of 'going to Adelaide' to up his pay packet at Collingwood.

Pies will want ROB + Keath and Pick 2
I'm not convinced Grundy is worth ROB and Keath on it's own, let alone throwing away potentially the best pick we've ever had. You bet Collingwood would want that! That would be infuriating if Crows agreed to something like that.

What the hell??? We dont need Grundy that badly and we certainly are not giving Grundy 1.2 mill and giving up O'brien, Keath and pick 2.

You people are crazy.

This is just like Pavlich, Grundy is using the threat of 'going to Adelaide' to up his pay packet at Collingwood.

Pavlich has said he wanted to come to the club but Ayres chose Carey.

If we have 1.2 mill hanging around why aren't we on the phone with Coniglio? You know a star goal kicking midfielder? Like ROB with Crouch x2 and Coniglio at his feet is mouth watering, hell a guy that's capable of kicking it inside 50 to a leading target and hitting him on the chest.

You people are crazy.

I agree with everything you said. I didn't say we would pay that, just what Pies would want.
Personally I'd be happy with keeping pick 2 and ROB. If we can afford to pay someone $1.2m a year, get Cripps / Coniglio / Kelly

Pavlich has said he wanted to come to the club but Ayres chose Carey.
That's up there with one of the worst decisons the club has made, but every contract after that he used us and we all got excited for nothing.
We desperately needed a key Forward back then, we dont desperately need a Ruck now we have one who is 23 and tracking pretty well. Maybe if we only had Sauce it'd be different.

If we have 1.2 mill hanging around why aren't we on the phone with Coniglio? You know a star goal kicking midfielder? Like ROB with Crouch x2 and Coniglio at his feet is mouth watering, hell a guy that's capable of kicking it inside 50 to a leading target and hitting him on the chest.
Housing is also cheaper here (only positive) so that money can buy them a mansion here, instead of an apartment in Melbourne.

Most important player in the league - Leigh Matthews
Leigh always did have a high opinion of himself.

If we can get Grundy, I'm taking it everyday of the week. Sorry ROB.

Would I trade P1 - no, not given that he will be a RFA next year and our 1st won't be as good (unless we can do another pick swap with Carlton)

I agree with everything you said. I didn't say we would pay that, just what Pies would want.
Personally I'd be happy with keeping pick 2 and ROB. If we can afford to pay someone $1.2m a year, get Cripps / Coniglio / Kelly
Sure...but they have to want to come here. Those 3 would be getting close to that anyway.

Cripps gets half of Carlton's possessions, so he's probably taking about half their salary cap. $1.2m doesn't get it done for these guys.

Back