Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m prepared to call it, if Moore is up and about, with him doing some rucking down back (even forward if he returns there) with the main man Grundy that’s elite ruck duo right there.

Throw in Cox (who incidentally has nice tap work) what a trio.

Actually I can think of a better threesom than Grundy, Moore, Cox?

Hmm, going back a bit...

What about;
Paul Salmon, Nathan Thompson and Nick Holland.

Shaun Rehn, Mathew Clarke and Ben Marsh.

Matty Allan, Trent Hotton and Lance Whitnall

Greg Stafford, Adam Goodes and Troy Luff

Luke Darcy, Scott Wynd and Kingsley Hunter

Jeff White, Troy Simmonds and David Schwarz

Thats what an 18 year old Josh Fraser was up against in his first year with only Anthony Rocca as support (No McKee or Bradley Smith).

Hmm, going back a bit...

What about;

Thats what an 18 year old Josh Fraser was up against in his first year with only Anthony Rocca as support (No McKee or Bradley Smith).
No group of those three would scare me over our three.

Some nice groupings but.

Good memory.

I will say that our 3 are not proven as a 3 it’s more on what looks super formidable.

To be honest Ned guy talks abit of sh*t, and has said a few things i don’t agree with. Grundy isn’t the only ruckman in the AFL playing big minutes in the ruck, Gawn? No surprise they were both AA.

Plus we have Cox for support unlike some other teams, shouldn’t even be a talking point? A fit Elliott with his marking ability also probably lets us play Cox more in the ruck.

Maybe they don't want to play Cox in the ruck ? Maybe they figure it buggers up our forward structure a bit when he's not lurking forward...

No group of those three would scare me over our three.

Some nice groupings but.

Good memory.

I will say that our 3 are not proven as a 3 it’s more on what looks super formidable.

The first five were literally Fraser's first five games. He was lucky the stars aligned because if we played StKilda at the right time he would have been up against Monkhorst, Everitt, Lowe and Hall...

Maybe they don't want to play Cox in the ruck ? Maybe they figure it buggers up our forward structure a bit when he's not lurking forward...
That's exactly their thinking - 'twas mentioned.

People Remember what Happened to Josh Fraser
Whilst many view Josh Fraser not reaching the heights that we first thought he would as being about him being thrown to the wolves too early, I view it differently. To me Fraser was an ok player, but as a ruckman his issue was that he lacked size and strength and had a small leap to start with, which went altogether when he injured his knee in that State game. I don't see how those issues were the result of playing first ruck early, if anything being thrown in early should have resulted in him seeing the importance of size and strength and resulted in him hitting the weights room hard.

The first five were literally Fraser's first five games. He was lucky the stars aligned because if we played StKilda at the right time he would have been up against Monkhorst, Everitt, Lowe and Hall...
That is yikes !

Hmm, going back a bit...

What about;

A heap of those didn't play ruck at all. For some unknown reason, I loved Troy Luff, but a ruckman?

Fraser was a twig.

Would have been better off as a rover.
The predominant 'wisdom' in league circles at the time was that 'mobile' smaller ruckmen were the way to go.

Just at that time Josh came through as No1 in the draft.

Not his fault that so called experts wouldn't know their head from their arz :rolleyes:

The predominant 'wisdom' in league circles at the time was that 'mobile' smaller ruckmen were the way to go.

Just at that time Josh came through as No1 in the draft.

Not his fault that so called experts wouldn't know their head from their arz :rolleyes:

My recollection was that ruck forwards were all the rage, essentially the third tall. Guys like McKernan, Ottens, Everitt and Alessio etc.

John Barnes had led the smaller ruck man brigade for years and Jeff White and Adam Goodes were con the way up at the time though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m prepared to call it, if Moore is up and about, with him doing some rucking down back (even forward if he returns there) with the main man Grundy that’s elite ruck duo right there.

Throw in Cox (who incidentally has nice tap work) what a trio.

Actually I can think of a better threesom than Grundy, Moore, Cox?

Michael Christian thinks ruck is Moore's best position but we're blessed with Grundy there.

Michael Christian thinks ruck is Moore's best position but we're blessed with Grundy there.
Make no mistake, Moore would be a terrific ruck.
Great leap, agile, athletic.

But would you have Moore or Murphy take the defensive 50 ruck work?
Moore, because with Murphy’s growth spurt he stands in the goals and arms up, no ball can pass over him so no team can score a goal.

It’s a risk, more of a risk than some other activities that AFL clubs exclude their players from participating in during off season.
Which activity that has a 0.03% chance of death to they ban them from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back