Injury Brodie Grundy - Lower leg injury

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're saying that you're not happy when Dave is happy...?

I love it when Dave is happy but Dave wants him on the ball..........so I don't think he will be to impressed with this experiment...........hence :mad:!

Seriously though, i'm starting to think there is an issue with the surface. Seems our injuries sustained at training have increased since moving away from Gosch's Paddock.

There certainly has to be an underlining cause and it needs to be found asap.
83b94c9ebc67c3c53d2cba233a525872.jpg

I knew it! As soon as they started replacing the Olympic Park grass with
this, corkies were inevitable. #sackthegroundstaff

Where do I buy myself one of these!? :O
Not sure if the club is releasing them for public sale yet. Experimental and all.

Well going by Experts on here. This is Aish's only Chance to play AFL
where all experts td on here, just that the club keeps ignoring us. bit annoying ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witts would be good.. now I don't even think we have ruckman
you mean you can't see we have a big Cox?
What do you think big Cox has to do besides stretch himself and bring the ball to the ground?
You've got to get on the Cox train

I do not worse then Mitch Marsh

Wait a minute, you were out there defending him 5 minutes ago?

What happened? Did you discover his Brodie Grundy voodoo doll...?

Just in regards to that 25 mins of training I saw:

Grundy's injury happened in a ruck drill where he was against Cox. He just fell awkwardly.

Also in the drill were Jessie White, Keeffe and Lynch.

In fact, the forwards were goal kicking and mids just casually kicking goals, but White did all his training in the ruck group.

After the ruck drills were over, they went to the centre and did centre clearance work with Treloar and Crisp. Most other big names left, except for the defensive group.

They did a drill which involved 2 sides all in the 50 metre zone. The intention was for the side with the ball to transition to the other side of the 50. If they were successful, the teams switched and it was the other teams turn to switch.

Interestingly, Keeffe took part in this drill which consisted mainly of defensive group players.

Ben Reid was there until the end even after most had left and he participated in this drill. Langdon also did, as well as Crocker. Earlier Crock was participating in a forwards drill where Scotty Pendlebury or Sidebottom would kick it to a leading forward, who was being defended by either Aish or Ramsey. Fasolo and Crocker were unstoppable and broke their defender every time...whilst Sidebottom and Pendles hit every target. Was interesting to see Aish playing as a defender, especially after this was his role last week in the JLT game. Was also good to see Langdon back.

When I first drove past the ground, I saw Wills running laps, but by the time I parked he was no longer there. Again, not sure how much participation he had prior to me arriving.

Kayle Kirby was doing nothing but running laps looking completely stuffed. I feel sorry for him really, no one is really acknowledging his presence.

Sier was also doing full training from the bit I saw.

It seemed a really light session (but again I missed most of it so may have been more intensity earlier). After a 40 degree game in perth, the boys looked like they were just in recovery mode.

Taylor Adams stayed longer than most doing goal kicking. He was just kicking to himself, running onto the loose ball and kicking goals.

After training, I caught up with the media team who took me for a quick tour of the facilities. Daniel Wells was inside in the gym, as were most of the players. Sier and Daicos were doing weights. Wells looks ok to me. He seems in good shape, and I reckon we are just being extra cautious. I don't think there is huge concern there, but I doubt he will be round one ready at this stage. I think he has his own timeline. Fasolo was in his speedos ready to jump in the pool.

De Goey and Dunn were having a bite in the glasshouse. When I got to the glasshouse, I was shocked to see Nathan Brown there. However, I realized it was actually Mitch Brown. My god they are identical.

I reckon we'll feel some effects from the 40 degree heat this week, so wouldn't be surprised to see us a bit flat. But in general I think we are shaping up nicely.
Mitch Brown?! To what end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back