Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good one, Frizzle.

Superb retort.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Despite the few blinded by hit outs to advantages Grundy beat Gawn clearly around the ground.

Lots of work has gone into negating his effect and this has resulted in opposition on ballers smothering our mids rather than roving to a winning ruck.

Statistics are sh*t and those that base their entire opinion on them are riding for a fall.

Good one, Frizzle.

Superb retort.

View attachment 723906

No worries. I couldn't be fagged arguing about hitouts to advantage when Gawn lowered his colours in every single other way & stat.
Some people see what they want to. Both rucks were down on usual output because of the quality of their direct opponent. Each other.
But Grundy's output was a hell of a lot closer to normal than Gawn's was.

Is that Better? ;)

Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
No worries. I couldn't be fagged arguing about hitouts to advantage when Gawn lowered his colours in every single other way 7 stat.
Some people see what they want to. Both rucks were down on usual output because of the quality of there direct opponent. Each other.
But Grundy's output was a hell of a lot closer to normal than Gawn's was.

Is that Better? ;)
Better.

Grundy's input around the ground was down, Gawn gave his mids first use (winning Centre Clearances, and general Clearances). Which I thought gave him the points.

Hit-outs to advantage, the key, went heavily in Gawns favour.

And Grundy was fairly ineffectual on the ground.

Points to Gawn, IMO.
Grundy 37.5% DE, not the best day for him.

Sometimes it is strange that you can't critique a player on the day without meaning that he is a poor player.

Exactly, people panic - he had an average day.

He's still easily our best/most important player.

He had an average day by his standards because of the quality of opponent. Strangely enough Gawn had the same problem, but worse. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back