Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all free kicks to Gawn were against Grundy, a couple may have been against Wills.

Sure but Brody got 1 free for & 5 against.
Gawn got 5 for & 0 against & Gawn wrestles with the best of them.
Without those 5 free kicks Gawn had 8 disposals & 1 mark for the whole match.
Grundy had 16 disposals - 44 hitouts - 7 clearances - 7 tackles & won the day in my opinion.

Sure but Brody got 1 free for & 5 against.
Gawn got 5 for & 0 against & Gawn wrestles with the best of them.
Without those 5 free kicks Gawn had 8 disposals & 1 mark for the whole match.
Grundy had 16 disposals - 44 hitouts - 7 clearances - 7 tackles & won the day in my opinion.
Not really disagreeing, just saying it wasn't one of his best given that he has set a high bar.

Not really disagreeing, just saying it wasn't one of his best given that he has set a high bar.

Absolutely. They were always going to kind of cancel each other out because they are the 2 best ruckman in the league.

Did enough today to get the AA starting spot. Gawn had a few junk time stats including his goal.

Have to disagree. He’s had AA sewn up since round 15. Gawn is a gun no doubt, Grundy is just a more rounded and more damaging player.

At one point Gawn decidedly won the tap out, ended up in grundys hands and he got the clearance away.

To me that summed it up. Even if he doesn’t get the hit out, he’s just as lucky to get a clearance anyway.

Grundy is a generational player. Will be a hall of famer.

Need to give him 7 years. Or make it 10 on a lower rate and we can still get Cameron in. Like I believe we are trying to do.

Don't like the sound of that

I do. IMO, It just means we are playing with numbers to bring in a big fish.

Hopefully coniglio this year (I’m dreaming) and have an inkling we will be getting Cameron to the club next year.

I can’t be a purely trying to retain players we have scenario. We must surely be loooking at bring in some high end talent in areas of weakness. Namely a KPF.

Huh?
Gawn took one mark for the day.
Had less disposals & 15 less hitouts than Grundy.
Even fantasy score was Grundy 105 to Gawn 90

Add that Grundy won 52.4% of hitouts v Gawn 36.7%. Gawn did manage 4 more hitouts to advantage though.

Hit-outs to advantage, the key, went heavily in Gawns favour.

And Grundy was fairly ineffectual on the ground.

Points to Gawn, IMO.

13-9 doesn't seem that heavy.

Better.

Grundy's input around the ground was down, Gawn gave his mids first use (winning Centre Clearances, and general Clearances). Which I thought gave him the points.

Gawn 4 clearances (0 - CCL; 4 - SCL) - Grundy 7 (1 - CCL, 6 - SCL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy 37.5% DE, not the best day for him.

Sometimes it is strange that you can't critique a player on the day without meaning that he is a poor player.

I guess it is easier to have an effective disposal when just under 1/2 come from uncontested free kicks but even so Gawn only went at just over 60%DE himself.

Brody needs to learn there's an umpire watching from behind and catching him grab the back of the jumper.

Boundary throw ins there's generally an ump in front as well. Both players generally do it (holding in some form) so the issue is they pick and choose which of those they pay or to overlook.

I'm not opposed to them being paid, just that it needs to be consistent. I'm not sure it always is.

Scumps sure have Grundy a hard time as Gawn was well looked after
But nothing comes comes close to their treatment of Cox.
They always handle Cox poorly.
They don’t stop people holding him.

Just because you’re tall doesn’t mean the rules should change.

Have to disagree. He’s had AA sewn up since round 15. Gawn is a gun no doubt, Grundy is just a more rounded and more damaging player.

At one point Gawn decidedly won the tap out, ended up in grundys hands and he got the clearance away.

To me that summed it up. Even if he doesn’t get the hit out, he’s just as lucky to get a clearance anyway.

Grundy is a generational player. Will be a hall of famer.

Need to give him 7 years. Or make it 10 on a lower rate and we can still get Cameron in. Like I believe we are trying to do.
No, just no, too risky to give anyone 7 years. 10 years is club suicide. 4 years max, if he chooses to go then so be it.

Cox should get a Free Kick for just about everytime he Goes for the Ball.

He could kick 100 Goals in a Season with how many Frees they Miss when he goes for the Ball

No, just no, too risky to give anyone 7 years. 10 years is club suicide. 4 years max, if he chooses to go then so be it.

Well then we might as well Start a Total Re-Build then we could Trade Moore away for more Picks then

It has got beyond handling him poorly saintly.

Seriously.

Media commentators have been all over it.

We have even approached the league over it - which is rare for us.

Every time there is raised attention over it the league takes short term action and every time they think the attention has dropped the incidents are allowed to increase again.

Draw your own conclusions but I have already drawn mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back