Recommitted Brodie Grundy [re-signed for seven years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes players can play good games, hes a superstar. He didn't back it up the week after really highlighting super elite ruckman arent really core to premiership campaigns like an elite intercept defender, or midfielder or even forwards have been. That's my only point, what else does it cost to have 1mil invested in a ruckman?

He is more then just a Ruckman. He is 1 of our Best Midfielders as well

It’s a great signing. Good work by the Pies. You and other supporters should be ecstatic

Hes great around the stoppages after the contest, but hes a ruckman. Thats his position, he just does more than most do. You have other midfielders that play those roles. And no one is questioning his elite status, just debating this unique money and deal for a ruckman that I cant recall being offered in the game before.

Naitanui maybe? Gawn? Similar dollars per year? Not sure any other club has given this length/value of deal to a ruckman ever.

Yes players can play good games, hes a superstar. He didn't back it up the week after really highlighting super elite ruckman arent really core to premiership campaigns like an elite intercept defender, or midfielder or even forwards have been. That's my only point, what else does it cost to have 1mil invested in a ruckman?
He is the difference in so many games. You want to finish top 4 and he drives his team into that position. That’s worth a mil. Like Dusty he is a game changer. Like Dusty there are games when the their influence is low - prelim 2018.

Game changers get paid.

This further increases my desire for player contracts to be public.

Surely DeGoey, Treloar, Grundy and possibly even Pendlebury are on or near $1,000,00 a year each.

Pendles will NOT be on 1 Million in next Contract

I hope we never have a 7 year deal. So many clubs are going to struggle with these long term deals.

They would really be wanting the flag early on to soften that blow.
Soften the blow? Really? A flag would soften the blow of signing the best ruck on a long term deal???

Only Pie hate would lead some to post this rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we never have a 7 year deal. So many clubs are going to struggle with these long term deals.

They would really be wanting the flag early on to soften that blow.
Clarko offered lynch a long term deal like grundys so its happening more and more. Gws have 2 or 3 players on 6 or 7 year deals.

Clarko offered lynch a long term deal like grundys so its happening more and more. Gws have 2 or 3 players on 6 or 7 year deals.

There is zero evidence we have offered anyone a 7 year deal. The most we have done is 5 year deals and Im pretty sure it was a conditional 5th year.

And yes, they are becoming more common which is why it is going to hurt those club when players get injured or simply just get old.

There is zero evidence we have offered anyone a 7 year deal. The most we have done is 5 year deals and Im pretty sure it was a conditional 5th year.

And yes, they are becoming more common which is why it is going to hurt those club when players get injured or simply just get old.

The Side Effect of Free Agency as Teams are Scared to lose Gun Players for Less Value then they get in a Trade

Surely DeGoey, Treloar, Grundy and possibly even Pendlebury are on or near $1,000,00 a year each.
Treloar is on the same contract he signed when he joined which is estimated to be 700,000-750,000, Pendlebury's 2021 contract will be reduced in time for Grundy and De Goey's and/or Moore's new deals. The salary cap is around $13 million, it's a lot of money to go around.

Treloar is on the same contract he signed when he joined which is estimated to be 700,000-750,000, Pendlebury's 2021 contract will be reduced in time for Grundy and De Goey's and/or Moore's new deals. The salary cap is around $13 million, it's a lot of money to go around.

We have a ton coming out of Contract at end of this Season

Why would you think Treloar and De Goey are both on a million?

Do you even understand how incredibly rare it is for an AFL player to make a million per year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back