Remove this Banner Ad

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Out of contract at the end of next year, we know from Ablett & Buddy that deals are done a long way out.. he is arguably the most important player in the comp right now so what would he be worth on an open market..

Would 10 mil over 7 get the job done.

If we win the premiership he might want to cash in while he can.

3 first rounds and I’ll do it!

To be serious, Adelaide look like having number 1 ( lol Carlton ) and it looks like Rowell from Vic, would they offer pick 1 and something else to land Grundy and Pies get a future gun and another good player / pick?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I sure hope not..Love Grundy as a player even from way back seeing him playing at Sturt before the AFL but crows need to use pick 1 on the best mid available and wait a year for Grundy to be a restricted free agent when he would cost a lot less. If the heirachy did want him this year and he wanted to come - then no more than pick 1 should be offered as that will get Collingwood Rowell or Anderson who project as generational mids

To be serious, Adelaide look like having number 1 ( lol Carlton ) and it looks like Rowell from Vic, would they offer pick 1 and something else to land Grundy and Pies get a future gun and another good player / pick?

No chance Adelaide would offer more than pick 1. They might consider doing it for pick 1 to get 12 extra months and avoid giving Pies 12 extra months to woo Grundy to stay but they wouldn't pay more - particularly after paying 2 firsts for Gibbs and it backfiring (not suggesting Gibbs and Grundy are in the same talent bracket but you know what I am getting at hopefully).

Maybe Jake Kelly and Pick 1 but i couldn't see anymore than that. Think of it from Adelaide's POV, use pick 1 AND Get Grundy for cheaper. Cannot sell the whole farm on this one. Maybe if he was 23.

It would have to be the minimum. Pick 1 + Ned McHenry in return for Grundy + steak knives is the type of deal I see happening. He'd have to be the most valuable player in the comp, even more than Bont, Cripps, Fyfe etc

It would have to be the minimum. Pick 1 + Ned McHenry in return for Grundy + steak knives is the type of deal I see happening. He'd have to be the most valuable player in the comp, even more than Bont, Cripps, Fyfe etc

#crowsfanstriggered

I sure hope not..Love Grundy as a player even from way back seeing him playing at Sturt before the AFL but crows need to use pick 1 on the best mid available and wait a year for Grundy to be a restricted free agent when he would cost a lot less. If the heirachy did want him this year and he wanted to come - then no more than pick 1 should be offered as that will get Collingwood Rowell or Anderson who project as generational mids
Problem is would Grundy sign a 1 year contract? I doubt it. If he is getable this year the Crows would be mad not to throw everything at him. 25 year old who is the best ruck in the comp is gold.

Rowell and Anderson are being talked up - but so was Jack Watts in his under 18 year. Madness to roll the dice when you have proven.

Problem is would Grundy sign a 1 year contract? I doubt it. If he is getable this year the Crows would be mad not to throw everything at him. 25 year old who is the best ruck in the comp is gold.

Rowell and Anderson are being talked up - but so was Jack Watts in his under 18 year. Madness to roll the dice when you have proven.
I think Grundy does not come out of his current contract until the end of 2020 - hence why better to hold off till next year from a crows perspective purely from a trade value angle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol at crows fans saying not to trade pick 1, you'll be handing that over as a starting point.. hope he stays though
Why? End of 2020 if he wants to come (not suggesting that’s the case) better for him and the Crows to outbid Collingwood and get him for free. Giving up pick 1 this year doesn’t take advantages of him being a FA next year.

Why? End of 2020 if he wants to come (not suggesting that’s the case) better for him and the Crows to outbid Collingwood and get him for free. Giving up pick 1 this year doesn’t take advantages of him being a FA next year.
Because youre making him wait another year and giving the pies an extra 12 months to sign him up, if you wanna do that do it. But if you wanna trade for him this year number 1 pick is only a starting point

Because youre making him wait another year and giving the pies an extra 12 months to sign him up, if you wanna do that do it. But if you wanna trade for him this year number 1 pick is only a starting point
This is all a funny story though - he is not leaving Collingwood and the crows need a generational midfield prospect to go with the crouch brothers and their younger mids like Jones and McHenry as Sloane and Gibbs are closing in on 30 years of age. Reilly O'Brien has shown enough so far this year to persist with him going forward and I would rather have a workman like ruck if it meant getting in an elite young mid than to get the best ruck in the league (Grundy) but miss out on the elite midfielder by giving up pick 1

This is all a funny story though - he is not leaving Collingwood and the crows need a generational midfield prospect to go with the crouch brothers and their younger mids like Jones and McHenry as Sloane and Gibbs are closing in on 30 years of age. Reilly O'Brien has shown enough so far this year to persist with him going forward and I would rather have a workman like ruck if it meant getting in an elite young mid than to get the best ruck in the league (Grundy) but miss out on the elite midfielder by giving up pick 1
thats for the crows to decide whether they go after him or not, but if you get him this year I cant see how it wont be pick 1 + add ons

thats for the crows to decide whether they go after him or not, but if you get him this year I cant see how it wont be pick 1 + add ons
Pick 1 is the maximum any club would pay for any player. Expecting more is fanciful.
If Grundy wants to come home I’m sure he’d rather wait the extra year to ensure he’s coming home to an as strong team as possible (not force Adelaide to pay pick 1).

Pick 1 is the maximum any club would pay for any player. Expecting more is fanciful.
If Grundy wants to come home I’m sure he’d rather wait the extra year to ensure he’s coming home to an as strong team as possible (not force Adelaide to pay pick 1).
Nup, Pick 1 will be the starting point it’s not fanciful at all. I’m pretty sure we will more than happy to keep him for an extra year and try winning the flag in 2020 with him

Nup, Pick 1 will be the starting point it’s not fanciful at all. I’m pretty sure we will more than happy to keep him for an extra year and try winning the flag in 2020 with him
No question a contracted Grundy is worth pick 1 but as a supporter I am more keen for the club to hold fire and take Anderson or Rowell to plug another hole in our midfield with the likely pick 1/2 we are going to get from Carlton. If Grundy signs on with Collingwood in the interim so be it but if not, then next year - 2 x 1st rounders with a likely 2nd coming back is the going rate for a topline player out of contract (I am sure that collingwood would make sure they matched any RFA big to force a trade) and I would be fine with the crows parting with a 2020 & 2021 1st to do a deal

Seems a moot point if we are talking about Adelaide because they won't offer a salary that would make him want to move, Pies would offer more.

At this point in time he is a player who is probably worth as much as anyone who has been traded before. Which make it a little redundant because you still have the risk of injury so the ceiling would be somewhere a bit less than the Judd trade.

Buddy is coming to the end, and Swans will b looking for their next marquee player.. Brodie might fit the bill, but not 100% sure if he is marketable to the Sydney market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back