Recommitted Brodie Grundy [re-signed for seven years]

If he has any thoughts on going home this may be your best value in return. I wouldn’t be be getting rid of him but if he wants to go pick two is better than two picks in the teens.
We’d want more than pick 2 for a player like Grundy. Draft picks are grossly overrated.

A trade was done outside FA because Geelong knew that Adelaide would match their offer.

So it was Not Offically Matched but in Other Ways it was and I say Grundy hypotehtically got to that level simmlar thing would happen

We’d want more than pick 2 for a player like Grundy. Draft picks are grossly overrated.

We want as a Minimum be Pick 1 or 2 2019 1st Rounder, 2020 1st Round Pick + Player

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We want as a Minimum be Pick 1 or 2 2019 1st Rounder, 2020 1st Round Pick + Player

lol, dreaming mate, there are plenty of decent ones out there at far cheaper price. We will let your big ruckman take 1 mil per season but i suppose that kinda require cap space....

There's an image doing the rounds on Facebook saying that Adelaide have offered Grundy 15.6 million over 8 years referencing Tom Browne as the source. Can't see anything on Tom Browne's twitter, did anyone see if this was discussed on 7 news? Seems like fake news to me but just want to double check.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Grundy is that player that deserves that price. He’s an amazing star but there’s not a single flag winning highly credentialed ruckman in the last decade. We’d be stupid to pay both cash and picks to purchase Grundy whilst we have a very sound alternative.

Grundy is that player that deserves that price. He’s an amazing star but there’s not a single flag winning highly credentialed ruckman in the last decade. We’d be stupid to pay both cash and picks to purchase Grundy whilst we have a very sound alternative.

Grundy is going no where so nothing to worry about with that

There's an image doing the rounds on Facebook saying that Adelaide have offered Grundy 15.6 million over 8 years referencing Tom Browne as the source. Can't see anything on Tom Browne's twitter, did anyone see if this was discussed on 7 news? Seems like fake news to me but just want to double check.

CLICKBAIT

VADA

Debutant
Jun 19, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

These clowns throw up all this stuff because they can never be proven as being true or false. If it isn’t true and Grundy stays Browne simply says he knocked it back for unders. Everyone cheers. If he goes and the figure is no where that but has personal reasons Browne will still say he went for money no matter what Grundy says.

Grundy is just the example it’s the same with all reported offers from clubs.

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

100% fake if he hasn't even tweeted it.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
SYDNEY
WHAT THEY NEED

The Swans’ lack of depth in their ruck department was badly exposed this year with the extended absences of Callum Sinclair and Sam Naismith due to injury, forcing them to use a makeshift combination of Aliir Aliir and Sam Reid. While Aliir did a reasonable job, he is obviously much more valuable as a key back.
WHO FITS THE BILL?
With dual All-Australian ruckman Brodie Grundy reportedly asking Collingwood for a seven-year contract extension beyond 2020, and not having his request met so far, the Swans should exploit this situation and offer Grundy exactly what he wants. Sydney have a long history of attracting big names up north and this would be another spectacular example if they could pull it off.
- Ronny Lerner

SYDNEY
WHAT THEY NEED

The Swans’ lack of depth in their ruck department was badly exposed this year with the extended absences of Callum Sinclair and Sam Naismith due to injury, forcing them to use a makeshift combination of Aliir Aliir and Sam Reid. While Aliir did a reasonable job, he is obviously much more valuable as a key back.
WHO FITS THE BILL?
With dual All-Australian ruckman Brodie Grundy reportedly asking Collingwood for a seven-year contract extension beyond 2020, and not having his request met so far, the Swans should exploit this situation and offer Grundy exactly what he wants. Sydney have a long history of attracting big names up north and this would be another spectacular example if they could pull it off.
- Ronny Lerner

Grundy not going anywhere.

Don't think Swans have anything Collingwood would want. Need more then 1 High Pick.

I read what they said about Collingwood and just made me Laugh. He has no idea

Back