Recommitted Brodie Grundy [re-signed for seven years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies should be having cap problems at this point. They never should've brought Beams back on big money.

Grundy is worth as much as any player in the competition. I reckon he'll wait out for a big offer.

Pies should be having cap problems at this point. They never should've brought Beams back on big money.

Grundy is worth as much as any player in the competition. I reckon he'll wait out for a big offer.

Beams isn’t on big money. $500k from memory.

Also, a number of retirements this year will clear plenty of space.

Grundy will get th extra couple of years he wants. No doubt he will continue to be a Pie.

If Grundy does decide to leave. I'd accept nothing less than 2 firsts and Reilly O'Brien and maybe even something else. Otherwise, I'd wait until 2020 out of hope we can convince him to stay, if not, I'd just match the offer and force a trade for Reilly O'Brien and a 2nd or something.

If Grundy does decide to leave. I'd accept nothing less than 2 firsts and Reilly O'Brien and maybe even something else. Otherwise, I'd wait until 2020 out of hope we can convince him to stay, if not, I'd just match the offer and force a trade for Reilly O'Brien and a 2nd or something.
or match the offer and be forced to pay it out with a guy who really wanted to come home...then work out who you will traded out to pay for it.

Sounds good in theory, but usually doesn't work that way.

I'm sure the crows would part with a couple of firsts for him if he wanted to come here

Lol and what happens when you "match" and he goes ok I'll stay at 1.4 a year for 7 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or match the offer and be forced to pay it out with a guy who really wanted to come home...then work out who you will traded out to pay for it.

Sounds good in theory, but usually doesn't work that way.

I'm sure the crows would part with a couple of firsts for him if he wanted to come here

It is more that would you guys really need O'Brien if you got Grundy. Maybe we could organise a trade for O'Brien at a discounted value potentially (like a 2nd round pick which IMO, is unders but still).

It is more that would you guys really need O'Brien if you got Grundy. Maybe we could organise a trade for O'Brien at a discounted value potentially (like a 2nd round pick which IMO, is unders but still).
I agree.

I was all in for Grundy early this year, but then seeing what ROB has done, I think I'd rather throw that sort of deal at Fyfe, Cripps, JDG, Bont type and watch them suddenly feel like they need to get be closer to the Barossa Valley

Why on earth would you leave Collingwood to go to any south Australian club.

5 years at $950k is roundabout what he’s worth being a ruckman has a higher risk but he plays as a mid as well.

Makes zero sense, he has come up with the Pies as a draftee and developed with the team, they were in the GF last year and now top 4 this year with no danger signs about falling off the cliff in the next few years.

So he would leave one of the biggest clubs in Australia while they are premiership contenders to play for one of two clubs who are going nowhere. And Adelaide notoriously underpay their players and it's not like the Pies don't or won't pay him very well.

5 years at $950k is roundabout what he’s worth being a ruckman has a higher risk but he plays as a mid as well.

Maybe 7 years at 1.4?

While i do not think he will leave or we offer that money.
Players at end of career surely think about making enough money to retire on rather then playing with a team.
After all not many footballers will be on high paying job after football and no rob that is near what an AFL footballer makes

Maybe 7 years at 1.4?

While i do not think he will leave or we offer that money.
Players at end of career surely think about making enough money to retire on rather then playing with a team.
After all not many footballers will be on high paying job after football and no rob that is near what an AFL footballer makes
This just shows the depth of your thinking...

If Grundy had half a brain he would stay with collingwood, play in a successful team and then get a job in the footy industry well Eddie will find him something...

If he goes to Adelaide he could be losing a $200k a year job for the 20 years after he retires...

This just shows the depth of your thinking...

If Grundy had half a brain he would stay with collingwood, play in a successful team and then get a job in the footy industry well Eddie will find him something...

If he goes to Adelaide he could be losing a $200k a year job for the 20 years after he retires...

How many top players have a current job in the footy industry. Not like they hand them out.

Think your pretty much on the money, 5 years at around $5M with an option of another 2. As publicly stated , Brodie’s an honest deep thinker..He’ll make the right decision for himself and I have no doubt he’ll sign on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back