Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Seems to me just about everything you post is doom and gloom, critical of the club's decisions in some way or warning about the horrors coming our way. When I get more time and sufficient motivation, I might review your posting history in detail and see if my impression is borne out.

Do that. You'll find that I defend plenty of players, plenty of decisions, etc. I just don't like this one.

I think that was the game where we misinterpreted Grundy's value. He had 73 hitouts to Mumford's 14, which looks amazing. Except that we lost the clearances 35-54, 10 of which were Grundy's own clearances. So even if all of Mumford's taps resulted in a GWS clearance (they didn't), they still had 40 clearances most of which came from Grundy's "dominance".

Fast forward to this year's PF. Cameron and Cox (in 3/4) had 14 and 18 hitouts. Hickey 27. Yet our arguably weaker than 2019 midfield won the clearances 47-44.
The hitouts were not what was amazing. What was amazing was his follow up work. This was pretty much the last time we saw this from him. And GWS' clearances, at least in the last quarter, were on multiple occasions the result of Grundy directing the tap to one of our players, but them not being able to take possession due to slippery conditions and the ball popping out to GWS. Very few were Grundy tapping to a GWS player.

The hitouts were not what was amazing. What was amazing was his follow up work. This was pretty much the last time we saw this from him. And GWS' clearances, at least in the last quarter, were on multiple occasions the result of Grundy directing the tap to one of our players, but them not being able to take possession due to slippery conditions and the ball popping out to GWS. Very few were Grundy tapping to a GWS player.
Grundy kept hitting to his feet, he’d then either win it with follow up work or one of our mids would swoop on it only to then run into a wall of giants pressure. Not exactly Grundy fault as the tactics were decided by someone but he was still ineffective.

Grundy kept hitting to his feet, he’d then either win it with follow up work or one of our mids would swoop on it only to then run into a wall of giants pressure. Not exactly Grundy fault as the tactics were decided by someone but he was still ineffective.
It screamed of a lack of flexibility from the coaching group. We were just really out-coached around stoppage.

Really? Seems to me just about everything you post is doom and gloom, critical of the club's decisions in some way or warning about the horrors coming our way. When I get more time and sufficient motivation, I might review your posting history in detail and see if my impression is borne out.

Still waiting for that review. Do you want me to do it for you then?

Check my posts on Bianco, Kelly, J Daicos when everyone was bagging him -- even Bucks in the last year or two of his contract (though I admit I got that wrong). In fact, I hardly ever bag players with perhaps a couple of exceptions (sorry C Brown).

WAITING CM.

Still waiting for that review. Do you want me to do it for you then?

Check my posts on Bianco, Kelly, J Daicos when everyone was bagging him -- even Bucks in the last year or two of his contract (though I admit I got that wrong). In fact, I hardly ever bag players with perhaps a couple of exceptions (sorry C Brown).

WAITING CM.
I've lost motivation now that it's no longer footy season mate, plus too many other things on my plate. If you have the time and inclination, I'd be interested to see your review though.

I've lost motivation now that it's no longer footy season mate, plus too many other things on my plate. If you have the time and inclination, I'd be interested to see your review though.

Fair enough. And you know, I did have a bit of a down patch around trades and delistings. I hate that time of year.

Anyone know what Soy Boy has been up to.

I suppose Dreamons supporters don’t do Instaham and Fakebook.

And really no one gives a rats about you and your antics unless you actually play for a team the has more human members than pets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what Soy Boy has been up to.

I suppose Dreamons supporters don’t do Instaham and Fakebook.

And really no one gives a rats about you and your antics unless you actually play for a team the has more human members than pets.

It's true. If Brodie Grundy didn't exist, you'd have to invent him.

I feel like Soy Boy is like a fallen tree in a forest. Because he is no longer seen on socials…..Does he actually make a sound?

I don't think we have to look too hard for Brodes. He's evidently taken up residence in your head.

I feel like Soy Boy is like a fallen tree in a forest. Because he is no longer seen on socials…..Does he actually make a sound?

Is there really any need for the disrespectful name calling? The guy gave his heart and soul for the club, then was forced out, which has obviously caused him some form of distress. And, as a fan, this is the way you choose to refer to him?

Is there really any need for the disrespectful name calling? The guy gave his heart and soul for the club, then was forced out, which has obviously caused him some form of distress. And, as a fan, this is the way you choose to refer to him?

He held the club to ransom and won then a far more shrewd and better team came in and said we don’t need people like you in our club.

It’s only good for a footy club that’s built a strong new culture to get rid of money hungry grubs like Grundy.

He was offered a ridiculous contract by the previous list manager & took what was offered.
He wasn't worth that deal then & he isn't now.
But for goodness sake move on. Why are some so bitter?

Does my lease in yours allow me to build a second story roof top. I’d like a view into your rose garden…..

If my head is a house, you're a vague scratching at the door. No claims on me, I just open the door to a snivelling and Gollum-like creature wanting to slobber something about soy.

When I close the door, you cease to exist.

Your fixation on Brodie might take a bit more work to dispel, perhaps some professional intervention. Good luck.

Last edited:
He was offered a ridiculous contract by the previous list manager & took what was offered.
He wasn't worth that deal then & he isn't now.
But for goodness sake move on. Why are some so bitter?

Lol, he demanded the ridiculous contract.

Stop trying to spin this bullshit that Ned just walked up to Grundy and his manager and offered them $7 million out of the blue…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back