Traded Brodie Grundy [Traded to Melbourne for #27]

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Absolute bullshit. Grundy HAS NOT taking a pay cut from the team that wanted to cut him loose.

He is still on $1m per season for the next 5 years and Collingwood are paying $300k per year.

Suck on them apples Magpies.
It's a fact you baby no need to spit the dummy

It's a fact you baby no need to spit the dummy
Until a reliable source comes out Pies fans are always going to be saying they are paying less than 150k and he took a cut…..while the media and everyone one else have valued the amount at close to the 300k range. I am believing everyone else at this stage rather than just the Pies supporters who lower the amount they are paying as a coping mechanism for a really bad deal which is no fault of the current board but they have to deal with it.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Until a reliable source comes out Pies fans are always going to be saying they are paying less than 150k and he took a cut…..while the media and everyone one else have valued the amount at close to the 300k range. I am believing everyone else at this stage rather than just the Pies supporters who lower the amount they are paying as a coping mechanism for a really bad deal which is no fault of the current board but they have to deal with it.
Per a reliable source Grundy took a small cut, and the Magpies are paying a smaller amount for a lower cost of trade

Per a reliable source Grundy took a small cut, and the Magpies are paying a smaller amount for a lower cost of trade
And who is that source?

Eddie McGuire doesn’t count either! 🤣

Basil brush

Senior List
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Almost feels like a lose-lose trade.

On the one hand, Grundy for #27 is ridiculously cheap. On the other, I question how well him and Gawn actually fit….
Good summation.

As a pies fan, the only positive I can take out of it, is that we were 1 point from a GF without Grundy, and if losing him helps us get McStay, Hill and possibly Mitchell into that prelim team.

I can't comment on Frampton until I properly see him play.

Seems unreliable that Grundy took a small pay cut to only help the team that just screwed him over and traded him after he wanted to be a Pie for life…..

So the Demons pay the whole amount they agreed to and then Brodie comes out and says pay me less now and under what I signed for regarding a legal contract so the Pies don’t have to pay as much upon trading me.

Seems legit!🧐🤣

Big Brother Drew GIF by Big Brother Australia

Fitzey

Painting The Town Red
Jun 2, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Pies will get shafted to Tassie if they keep making trades like this. Cheers for helping out with 250k a year of his salary aswell. Can’t wait to see him torch Cameron and Cox next year 🤣 25 hitouts and will kick 5, lock it in.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Ask yourself one simple question.

Why would Grundy take a pay cut from a club that has just shafted him?
What’s it to Grundy where the dollars come from?

Collingwood’s only real bargaining power was to adjust the amount they’d contribute to Grundy’s salary.

Grundy agrees to take less overall.

Melbourne say “We give up less draft capital if we let Collingwood get the benefit of your pay cut, but you’ll still get what you’re comfortable with anyway. We’d prefer to do it this way as it’s the best outcome for Melbourne.”

I doubt Grundy would defy his new club just to stick it to Collingwood again when the net outcome dollars wise for him is identical either way.

Danw0w

Cancelled
Footy Club Survivor 1: Adelaide Voter
Feb 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Collingwood just reminding us that they are the same good old Collingwood, despite a new coach and reinvigorated game style.

Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pies will get shafted to Tassie if they keep making trades like this. Cheers for helping out with 250k a year of his salary aswell. Can’t wait to see him torch Cameron and Cox next year 🤣 25 hitouts and will kick 5, lock it in.
He'll be doing the torching but he won't be doing the kicking of 5 goals!

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pies no where near paying 300k.

700K at most all up.

Pies cleared their cap essentially and than get Mitchell paid half by Hawks.

Cheers for the business Dees.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bargain for the Dees. Pick 27 and pies picking up some of the contract. Not convinced on Gawn as a forward if that’s the plan. But with 5 on the bench and no sub rule you could more easily play 2 rucks.

Back