Traded Brodie Grundy [Traded to Melbourne for #27]

Remove this Banner Ad

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The topic of Grundy possibly being put up for trade is starting to grow legs in the media.
Interesting next few months....

Surely Geelong makes sense. Guessing their attention will be elsewhere this off season.

Surely Geelong makes sense. Guessing their attention will be elsewhere this off season.

Geelong don't have anywhere near the salary cap to be able to pay him. Or the picks to give to Collingwood if Collingwood agreed to pay some of his salary. Would love him, but I don't see any possible way he can get to Geelong.

If Robbie Gray retires Port looks the only option to squeeze him in if the Pies chip in 250k per year

To get to a trade value you’d have to figure out how much he’s overpaid. His game really went backwards since signing that contract but he’s still about a what, 650k player?
You would trade a first rounder (late) if he was worth 650k but the elephant in the room is that albatross of a contract. It is crippling to any team wanting to take him on

You would trade a first rounder (late) if he was worth 650k but the elephant in the room is that albatross of a contract. It is crippling to any team wanting to take him on
No one will cough that up for him, It's the same as when we got Treloar with them paying 300k a year for a 2nd rounder. Everyone knows they'll have them over a barrel

Don't think his contract is that bad, you are getting a top 2 or 3 ruck of the competition. But nobody will trade a decent pick just to help out the Pies, whoever gets involved will want a win. Comes down to him accepting it which is no certainty.

While we need a ruck no one is taking him on the contract length and coin hes on. I cant see him leaving collingwood for that reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess Adelaide would be all over this. A top 6/7 (depending on Ashcroft bid and how Adelaide/Essendon/Hawthorne/GWS finish the year) pick and maybe a future second if Collingwood take a bit of the contract on would probably get it done.

Guess Adelaide would be all over this. A top 6/7 (depending on Ashcroft bid and how Adelaide/Essendon/Hawthorne/GWS finish the year) pick and maybe a future second if Collingwood take a bit of the contract on would probably get it done.

Cant see adelaide wanting him with what he would cost and obrien there. They need to strengthen other areas of their side.

Well we do need a decent ruckman......

Cant see adelaide wanting him with what he would cost and obrien there. They need to strengthen other areas of their side.
O'Brien's been a hot pile of garbage this year.

Don't think his contract is that bad, you are getting a top 2 or 3 ruck of the competition. But nobody will trade a decent pick just to help out the Pies, whoever gets involved will want a win. Comes down to him accepting it which is no certainty.
If a million a year until the end of 2027 is true it is awful, at his best i don't think i would want to pay him a million a year.

With his drop off in form he is worth no where near it, add in the length of the contract and it is one of the worst in the league.

O'Brien's been a hot pile of garbage this year.
If the club pass over our pick 3 or 4 to Collingwood for Grundy when a top end mid is the first second third and fourth order of business, there will be a riot at our club.

Forget Grundy who in no way fits our age profile anyway, I'd rather ruck Frampton than miss out on bringing in a possible A grade mid via the draft

Bulldogs need to offload a mid and try and get him. Dunkley seems like the likely one if we were to move the pieces. Would be another Collingwood reject to add to our list but * it I’ll take it.

Bulldogs need to offload a mid and try and get him. Dunkley seems like the likely one if we were to move the pieces. Would be another Collingwood reject to add to our list but * it I’ll take it.
Why he offers less then English does now on a much larger contract and limits us getting KPD that we actually need

geeez no chance in hell anyone trades a first for him, let alone a top 5 ish pick! crazy talk!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back