Traded Brodie Grundy [Traded to Melbourne for #27]

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade radio just suggested below 3 way trade…I almost threw up

Demons in: Grundy
Demons Out: Jackson, Pick 32 (and maybe Weiderman)

Freo in: Jackson
Freo out: Pick 13

Collingwood In: Pick 13, Pick 32 (and maybe Weiderman
Collingwood out: Grundy

This would break the internet!

Last edited:

The Dees are doing Collingwood are massive favour by getting Grundy and most of his contract off your books, so a 2nd round pick probably seems right to me.

That's still a very good asset/capital to have tbh.

Absolutely they are and it's ******* ridiculous!

Old mate Bucks doesn't understand why they would use it on McStay though...

Collingwood’s plan to essentially swap McStay for Grundy has raised eyebrows — and club icon Nathan Buckley said last week he didn’t understand the move.

“If Brodie Grundy leaves Collingwood and Collingwood brings in Daniel McStay and the net effect on the salary cap is nil, I don’t understand that at all,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“I don’t have any inside knowledge, I don’t know what the plans are or the commitments that have been made, but if that ends up happening, then I can’t see how that is a win.”

Kid is pushing 2m and is looking the goods, Weiderman can fill the void in between if needed. Or as people mentioned, late rookie pick or trade in another on the cheap.
they'll change the father son rules just before Kalani White gets to us just like they changed the NGA rules to suit the dogs just before we could get Mac Andrew.

Trade radio just suggested below 3 way trade…I almost threw up

Demons in: Grundy
Demons Out: Jackson, Pick 32 (and maybe Weiderman)

Freo in: Jackson
Freo out: Pick 13

Collingwood In: Pick 13, Pick 32 (and maybe Weiderman
Collingwood out: Grundy

That's genuinely one of the worst trades I've ever seen. Freo Get Jackson for unders. Demons need to add a 2nd rounder to Swapping a 20-year-old former pick 3 that has only enhanced his reputation for a guy nearly 10 years older who is half cooked and on one of the worst contracts in the history of the AFL towards the back end of it where it is only worse for the buyer. Unless Collingwood is paying 350-400k, he should come free. Which * came up with a 1st and 2nd for him?

Edit - plus 'maybe' Weiderman - F8CK ME

Goes against people’s narratives to make Collingwood look like idiots and to reduce Grundy’s value. Watch how no-one will even acknowledge it 😂

Doesn't make a rat's arse of difference. The contract is absolutely terrible. Noone is going to give you good picks when the guy is coming on a contract that is 1-2 years too long and 300k+ too much.

Wonder why he hasn’t requested a trade yet, Melbourne waiting for the Jackson deal to go through?

First and second? Bargain. I’d pay more to be honest. Losing Weid is a massive net gain for Dees too.

Can’t wait for these “twin towers” to maul Collingwood’s pie on King Charlie’s birthday.

Every club would fear Grundy and Gawn, together, in the centre square.

First and second? Bargain. I’d pay more to be honest. Losing Weid is a massive net gain for Dees too.

Can’t wait for these “twin towers” to maul Collingwood’s pie on King Charlie’s birthday.

Every club would fear Grundy and Gawn, together, in the centre square.
Trampoline hands Grundy lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess as he doesn’t want to go he’ll let Collingwood announce they are trading him. Them maybe it comes. Assume Graham Wright will be on trade radio early next week.
If he didn’t want to go he’d take a hair cut.

Once Collingwood sign McStay, I hope Melbourne run and yell, START THE CAR...

Taking Grundy so they can trade in Mitchell is making them better, why the * do you want to do that!?!

Max Gawn turns 31 on Dec 30 - 88 goals, 79 behinds (181 games)
Brodie Grundy 28, 6months - 60 goals, 55 behinds (177 games).
Reports say Grundy has 5 years, 5 million left with Collingwood to pay 300k and Melb 700k per season.
Melbourne would give Collingwood a 1st round pick if he only had 3 years left but 700k for Grundy in years 4 and 5 at age 32, 33 scares a lot of people and to get out out of a bad contract for a player is going way up eg J.Bowes.

I think a pick in the 20's will get it done.
What do you think Melbourne will give Collingwood for Grundy?

Max Gawn turns 31 on Dec 30 - 88 goals, 79 behinds (181 games)
Brodie Grundy 28, 6months - 60 goals, 55 behinds (177 games).
Reports say Grundy has 5 years, 5 million left with Collingwood to pay 300k and Melb 700k per season.
Melbourne would give Collingwood a 1st round pick if he only had 3 years left but 700k for Grundy in years 4 and 5 at age 32, 33 scares a lot of people and to get out out of a bad contract for a player is going way up eg J.Bowes.

I think a pick in the 20's will get it done.
What do you think Melbourne will give Collingwood for Grundy?
We’ll want your first IMO.

Absolutely they are and it's ******* ridiculous!

Old mate Bucks doesn't understand why they would use it on McStay though...

Collingwood’s plan to essentially swap McStay for Grundy has raised eyebrows — and club icon Nathan Buckley said last week he didn’t understand the move.

“If Brodie Grundy leaves Collingwood and Collingwood brings in Daniel McStay and the net effect on the salary cap is nil, I don’t understand that at all,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“I don’t have any inside knowledge, I don’t know what the plans are or the commitments that have been made, but if that ends up happening, then I can’t see how that is a win.”

He's bang on though. McStay is a career 10 disposal sub 1 goal a game player and apparently he's worth clearing the books of a top 2 ruck for.

The complete dichotomy of McStay was on display in the finals when he competed hard v Richmond, and then v Geelong he didn't give a yelp, consistently not just out pointed but out MARKED by Geelong defenders such as Kolodjashnij who is hardly a star, and had ZERO second efforts and did not show any desperation the few times the ball did hit the deck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back