Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grundy was working with Pendles, Adams, Treloar & Sidebottom.
Opposing them was Bontempelli.
Notice in the last quarter the grunt & body size of DeGoey helped once he went midfield.
We didn’t have Beames or Sier. They are better match ups to what the Bulldogs have in the clearances.

Witts is meant to be one of the best tap-ruckmen in the league.

If Cripps (8), Walsh (7), Dow (6) can get 21 clearances with Andrew Phillips rucking against Witts. I’m sure our midfield can do better when Grundy wins majority of his taps.

Witts is meant to be one of the best tap-ruckmen in the league.

If Cripps (8), Walsh (7), Dow (6) can get 21 clearances with Andrew Phillips rucking against Witts. I’m sure our midfield can do better when Grundy wins majority of his taps.

Hit outs 48 to 33, it just shows again aerial dominance doesn't necessarily correlate to clearance dominance.

Hit outs 48 to 33, it just shows again aerial dominance doesn't necessarily correlate to clearance dominance.

All Grundy can do is be the first ruckman to tap the ball. If we don’t have appropriate systems/players to get full value, that’s not Grundy’s fault.

Systems/players can be changed and developed.

Generally speaking Ruckmen getting the first tap is a lot harder to come by.

I think this is the classic case of you don’t know what you have until you lose it. He’s arguably the best player in the league.

Cox was a Rookie Pick so he might of taken longer to get AFL Games

I jsut had a look at his career stats. He had a heap of games over 20 possessions, but often didn't get 30 hitouts. I'm not sure if there were less stoppages or if he just wasn't as dominant in the ruck work as Grundy

I jsut had a look at his career stats. He had a heap of games over 20 possessions, but often didn't get 30 hitouts. I'm not sure if there were less stoppages or if he just wasn't as dominant in the ruck work as Grundy

I reckon Grundy is a More Dominant Ruckman then Cox was.

Cox big thing was what he did outside of Ruck Contests

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he absolutely cut us up today. We don’t have a mobile ruck and s**t did he take advantage of that. Has the ability to cover a huge amount of ground and get the ball without an opponent.

“He’s like another midfielder” is said too much of ruckman but with Grundy I think it’s 100% accurate. Reminds me a lot of peak Dean Cox.

So hypothetically speaking, say Adelaide throws the cheque book at him, how can we counter that? There's no way we could match over a 1mil. It would be very tempting for Grundy. What is he on at the moment?

Doubt we'd end up paying anything north of $1m. He'll settle for less for an extended contract.

Quickly very true

Figured the amount of abuse I cop if I post something others don't agree with was the standard

You've been on here long enough to know
Plenty on here throw jabs , few like em back
EVEN Fewer admit when their wrong

I don't think it's so much abuse directed at you as confusion. Your posts are extremely difficult to make any sense of. I've said previously, you appear to have some keen insights and may well be making some very astute observations but how would we know.

No, I agree structurally they are the three players we need, but Grundy will be offered a lot we will have to match, ditto Jordy and the same for Moore if he stays sound and reaches his potential. The salary cap stretches only so far. The only silver lining is that if all these players are at the top of their games, if we lose any, we will be well compensated. I don't want to lose any of them though.

I think clubs can absorb 4-5 player salaries in that $750k-$1.2m range, it's more about managing the transition of the emerging talent and the established stars nearing the end. We've already seen a number of players sign on for extended contracts for what was effectively a pay cut in exchange for longer tenure and I think we'll see more of that off the back of team success. There'll always be an occasional mercinary but I think it'll more often than not be players who aren't getting the opportunities they believe they should who'll move.

Wells , Levi , sack and Reid aren't gonna free up enough coin

Cox Moore Elliott will all be 200k increase +
De goey grundy more
Stepho
Adams
Maynard

To keep this group together we will need to trade for picks and keep youngsters comming in on cheap coin

Sideys playing for less as are a few others

I think Elliott and seir may be pushed out
I think a few blokes will be targeted

I think Cox is already signed till 2020 and I doubt he'll command much more than a CPI level increase if re-signed beyond that.

Elliott would command a modest increase if he stays on the park. I think he'll repay the faith the club has had in him rather than chase big bucks.

Moore will be due for a significant pay rise but has already shown the big bucks aren't as important to him by turning down approaches on more.

Stevo is not yet established enough to demand a massive pay rise, it'll be his contract after this one that'll be where he might start to command big bucks.

I think Adams is likely at his peak salary and a modest pay rise at best.

Maynard will never be a massive earner, might command $500k tops.

Phillips is another who'll merit a pay rise but I think another who'll never be a top-line earner.

Think we can more than cover that with normal end of season list changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back