Player Watch Brodie Grundy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
The lad has come such a long way from the first moment I thought we had something in his first season when he ragdolled Mumford - apart from being deeply impressed that a raw kid would think to do it I just lolled for ages at the look on Mumford's face sitting on his arse on the boundary line.

Scodog10

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
AFL Club
Collingwood
Question : who was the last ruckman to win the Brownlow? I reckon Brodie may well be the next.
I know Peter Moore won one, Len Thompson too I think. Footscray's John Schultz is a close family friend and won one also. Would love to see Brodie join that illustrious group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

barrackers

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Collingwood
Though Goodes was not really a Ruckman when he played there. He was just really good around the Ground
Yeah, for the first two thirds of the season Goodes was more a second ruck to Ball.

537 (22 games) - Clarke (Ade)
453 (18 games) - Gardiner (WC)
445 (24 games) - Biglands (Ade)
397 (26 games) - Charman (BL)
396 (23 games) - Brogan (PA)
353 (19 games) - Sandilands (Fre)
348 (24 games) - Hille (Ess)
341 (13 games) - King (Gee)
332 (19 games) - Cox (WC)
330 (14 games) - Everitt (Haw)
326 (22 games) - Simmonds (Fre)
303 (19 games) - Stafford (Ric)
300 (23 games) - Fraser (Coll)
299 (24 games) - Goodes (Syd)
295 (21 games) - Darcy (WB)
277 (16 games) - White (Mel)
273 (19 games) - Porter (NM)
272 (19 games) - Lade (PA)
261 (17 games) - Ball (Syd)
260 (19 games) - Jolly (Mel)
245 (19 games) - French (Car)
240 (12 games) - Ottens (Ric)
224 (12 games) - Keating (BL)
170 16 games) - Alessio (Ess)
168 (8 games) - Street (Gee)
163 (19 games) - McKernan (Car)
153 (17 games) - Koschitzke (StK)
152 (9 games) - McDonald (BL)
136 (10 games) - Burton (NM)
130 (10 games) - Campbell (Haw)
130 (8 games) - Loates (Haw)
129 (13 games) - Chambers (Gee)
111 (9 games) - Primus (PA)
108 (13 games) - McKee (Coll)
107 (24 games) - A. Rocca (Coll)
103 (15 games) - Thompson (Haw)
102 (9 games) - Jamar (Mel)

JG13

All Australian
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs. NUnited FC. NE Patriots.
You could tell he really wanted to run Kruezer ragged today. Multiple dummy leads before running back into space lead to the majority of his marks. When we were struggling it was him that didn’t allow the game to get too far away from us

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

lenny20

Club Legend
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not a guy with heaps of sources, but in my line of work I'm sometimes lucky enough to stumble across some good info. This is one such occasion:

Brodie Grundy has signed with the Pies for the next five years.

And as a nice little cherry on top, "for significantly less money than he could have made elsewhere".

Love you, Brodes.

Last edited:

ant22

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
pies
One of my very good mates was asked a few years ago to invite a couple of Collingwood players to a box at the tennis. One of those players was Grundy. My mate is an unassuming normal bloke on his mid 40s. Not the type of bloke a superstar footballer would be remotely interest in keeping in touch with. Brodie has. While there not close mates they often text and now each year go to the tennis together. Just last month Brodie sent my mate a message to wish his son a happy 2nd birthday. He is a throughout, intelligent and really generous guy. To think that some clubs may of passed on him because they did not like him in interviews. I don’t see bucks get to gushy over players but whenever people mention Grundy in s presser his face lights up. He is loved so much at Collingwood and has so much love for the club his teamates and everyone at the club. He is one bloke I’d be suprised to see play anywhere else and would be happy to pay for a bit less(imo). Just a champ on and off the field.

AFL Club
Collingwood
He has gone past Gawn this season as the leading ruckman in the AFL,consistently in our best 2 or 3 week after week probably in the best 3 players in the competition. Took a couple of big grabs and kicked 2 goals and 51 hit outs the most important player we have now.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not a guy with heaps of sources, but in my line of work I'm sometimes lucky enough to stumble across some good info. This is one such occasion:

Brodie Grundy has signed with the Pies for the next five years.

And as a nice little cherry on top, "for significantly less money than he could have made elsewhere".

Love you, Brodes.
Really?????

Saintly Viewed

Richard Condon
AFL Club
Collingwood
One of my very good mates was asked a few years ago to invite a couple of Collingwood players to a box at the tennis. One of those players was Grundy. My mate is an unassuming normal bloke on his mid 40s. Not the type of bloke a superstar footballer would be remotely interest in keeping in touch with. Brodie has. While there not close mates they often text and now each year go to the tennis together. Just last month Brodie sent my mate a message to wish his son a happy 2nd birthday. He is a throughout, intelligent and really generous guy. To think that some clubs may of passed on him because they did not like him in interviews. I don’t see bucks get to gushy over players but whenever people mention Grundy in s presser his face lights up. He is loved so much at Collingwood and has so much love for the club his teamates and everyone at the club. He is one bloke I’d be suprised to see play anywhere else and would be happy to pay for a bit less(imo). Just a champ on and off the field.
Brodie is a very special person.

Great player - a given.

A good guy - a given.

The bonus part is he also sees the world beyond football and is well grounded.

Our future and our present!

Captain if he wishes to be - he’d be so good. As long as he wishes the role.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
He has such an incredible aerobic capacity for a big man, its quite amazing watching him go to work. He simply works his opponent over relentlessly.

Was great to see him kick a few goals, too. More of it plz, Brodie.

Gun.
Yes adding multiple goal kicking to his already impressive work around the ground makes him a breathtaking threat for opposition coaches.

Given a few more performances like that and he will start to send teams into total disarray trying to cover him.

AFL Club
Collingwood
He has such an incredible aerobic capacity for a big man, its quite amazing watching him go to work. He simply works his opponent over relentlessly.

Was great to see him kick a few goals, too. More of it plz, Brodie.

Gun.
Lot of work been put in there as my memory is this wasn't a feature when he first came to the pies.

Top Bottom